-
Files
-
Popular Contributors
-
Posts
-
It can happen once in a blue moon.... 😎
-
But I think that's the new maverick cuv - aka escape replacement. That's why I said one size smaller.
-
By joseodiaga4 · Posted
me too, so far I like it, wonder if it is a hybrid, EREV, EV or what. This is supposed to be based on the Avatar T09 -
By Sherminator98 · Posted
Here lies the problem with hybrids-an Atkinson cycle style hybrid with an eCVT are generally the most fuel efficient hybrids, but that comes at the cost of performance-the hybrid system helps replace the HP lost to the Atkinson cycle. I was looking at what Toyota offers and hits 225HP, unless you go to the AWD PHEV, which I'm assuming has additional electric motors and weighs 500lbs more then the hybrid model. I'm also going to assume the eCVT is also more limited with torque input then a regular AT. If you go the route Ford does with powerboost hybrids, your not looking at a huge increase in MPGs when you compare to the most fuel efficient ICE options-not enough to offset the additional costs, at least in the F-150 line up (powerboost 3.5L vs what was the 2.7L Ecoboost) So with that said, I don't think the market would be really welcoming of a Mustang CUV with a Atkinson/eCVT style engine and the Powerboost would be more or less just a power adder like it is in the F-150. A 2.3L with the hybrid A10 transmission would make a nice replacement for the 2.7L V6 in a RWD product, but not sure how much MPG would increase, but I'd assume the power would be roughly the same as the outgoing 2.7L V6. I can get about 20 MPG around town with my Bronco with a 2.7L V6. -
Maybe that’s the Mustang CUV? I want to take a serious look at that for replacing my Escape. I’m hoping it will offer an efficient hybrid power train.
-
By DeluxeStang · Posted
Maybe something a little larger than a focus? I've said for some time bringing back an enthusiast escort would perfectly align with Ford's passion product strategy. -
This is how I took it too - seemed like it was "rest of world" focused, where V8s are a tougher sell. I don't think we'll see it going anywhere in the US for a while.
-
I seem to remember Jim Farley saying, much like the manual Mustang, that the V8 would endure as long as legally allowed. Something to that effect. There are a bunch of articles that float around about vehicles that are definitely US-market focused, but written from a definitely not US-market perspective. This article was written by a fellow in the Phillipines. I noticed he's a bit out of date with his info about the F-150, that yes, the 5.0 had been dropped on high trim levels... and now is back (not mentioned). Could we see the Mustang GT not be available in overseas/foreign markets? Sure, or massively cut in power to meet other market requirements. The UK Mustang GT is down 40hp compared to US market units. Maybe the non-US market would be a good place to try out something unusual, like, say, a 3.0 or 3.5 EcoBoost Mustang. Other markets famously get vehicles the US doesn't get, maybe that's the way to handle it.
-
-
Topics
-
Top Downloads
-
-
Albums
-
2022 Ranger Splash Desert Sand
- By Rangermrd,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
Performance Tuner Connects
- By LostInTransit,
- 0
- 0
- 7
-
amtrucker22
- By amtrucker22,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
4 CRUZEN
- By 04GT,
- 0
- 0
- 4
-
2021 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring in Burgundy Velvet
- By RedHoncho01,
- 2
- 1
- 3
-
