-
Files
-
Popular Contributors
-
Posts
-
By Sherminator98 · Posted
A Lincoln isn't a BMW and BMW isn't a Lincoln. Completely different mindsets with customers who might buy them. If Ford can do a Mustang Sedan, I don't see why they can't do a Lincoln Sedan based off it. The Mustang is optimized for low production numbers and be able to turn a profit and going by how different Lincolns are from their Ford counterparts with styling, I'll assume they can afford new stampings to make it look considerably different then a Mustang also with its possible profit margins. -
By Sherminator98 · Posted
Yeah i'd hope they do some sort of AWD setup on it, if possible. On the flipside, I get work from home most of the time it snows, so if I get one, it wouldn't be a huge issue 😛 -
So far this year, BMW sold 127,000 passenger cars. A paltry few of those BMW sales were high performance "M" models. Seems to me that there is a market for upscale sedans and not just high performance models. Having said that, I have no idea if a mid size Lincoln sedan in the 50-70k price range makes sense. However, to simply ignore that market seems a bit short sighted to me. Apparently GM still wants a slice of the pie with Cadillac and the rumored Buick sedan.
-
By DavzinSoCal · Posted
Now "Premium Worked Overtime" isn't on this weeks paycheck. Last week I was at 10,333. Anyone who cares to look at the 3rd field down under "Earnings" for Payment Date 2-Oct-2026 can see their YTD for tax purposes. But not anymore, unless it was just a mistake from payroll that will get fixed. -
This is so spot on. You can actually have vehicles that overlap each other in price and "by the numbers" capability, as long as they've got very different personalities. That's why the Escape and Bronco Sport had the potential to coexist. If the line gets too blurry, then you get, as you perfectly chose the wording, cannibalized sales from yourself.
-
I think there's a lot you could do with a Mustang sedan, pricing and range of options wise, once you've got the basic structure. Looking at Build and Price, I don't think there's a vehicle in the lineup that has a bigger range of price (and performance) between the shown build options than Mustang. Starting with the base EcoBoost at $33490 and rocketing up to the Dark Horse SC at $106585, that's... an entire nice F-150 Lariat in price difference. 😄 But really, if a base sedan could start around that $35k mark, and have the options and ability to move all the way up into the GT's $55k range, Ford would have something interesting. Rear drive is a tough-ish sell on a sedan in the northern states, that's the only hurdle I could spot there. Bringing back a truly affordable sedan, a sedan for the masses, gives us something to fight the Hyundai/Kia monster with, especially if we can do it with a little more personality. The idea of a mid-size van, too... that's got real appeal on the commercial side, as well as potential on the retail side. Ford hasn't had a valid passenger minivan since, what, the Freestar? I can't really count the Transit Connect passenger models, they didn't actually compete. There's plenty of people, still, that prefer a car-based van for their people hauling needs. The catch there is that it's got to be price competitive against the Explorer. I've got a couple 2027 Explorers on my lot priced at $44195 and $45090. 6 seats, all wheel drive, and "cooler than a minivan". The mark to beat there is the internal one. And for the love of God... don't underpower the thing. Hopefully Ford learned SOMETHING from the EcoSport. What's fine for power in other global markets can't cut it in the States.
-
By Sherminator98 · Posted
Man when it comes to electrified vehicles, Stellantis is the provable "will fuck up boiling water or making jello" I can't think of an vehicle they've done over the past 6 years or so that has any electrification that DOESN'T have major issues-maybe the new Cherokee, but that is new so I'm sure something will happen 😛 -
As mentioned, I think Ford's definition of "affordable" is somewhere in the $35-40k range.......and by that, meaning the product MSRP will start at $34,999.99 - $39,999.99 lol This is what I've been saying - there's only so many ways you can slice the truck market pie before you cannibalize your own sales. If the current rumor mill is right, they'll have.... Maverick Fathom "F-100"/Ranger Bronco Truck F-150 Super Duty Heavy trucks (they sort of count too but not really for this discussion)
-
By Sherminator98 · Posted
Sounds like something they might use on EREV
-
-
Topics
-
Top Downloads
-
-
Albums
-
2022 Ranger Splash Desert Sand
- By Rangermrd,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
Performance Tuner Connects
- By LostInTransit,
- 0
- 0
- 7
-
amtrucker22
- By amtrucker22,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
4 CRUZEN
- By 04GT,
- 0
- 0
- 4
-
2021 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring in Burgundy Velvet
- By RedHoncho01,
- 2
- 1
- 3
-
