- 6 speed manual/6 speed auto with sequential shift

post-22598-1176318484_thumb.jpg

FUCKING MEXICAN Focus ST

- Turbocharged 2.5L 223 hp, 236 ft lbs

- 6 speed auto

- HIGHER TOP SPEED THAN OUR MUSTANG

post-22598-1176318685_thumb.jpg

New Mondeo

The rest of the world gets beautiful and powerful fords, we get GARBAGE like the Edge/bland focus/unchanged ranger/500... er taurus/flame-throwing superduty/unchanged crown vic, etc. We NEED a drastic change from the past couple decades, we keep the current and projected lineup there is no hope for Ford whatsoever.

And if you call performance a 500 hp rustang that weighs well over 4000 lbs, there is something seriously wrong here... a base C6 vette will walk all over it, and dealers aren't literally raping customers with 20-50,000 markups on them. Hell, the local dealer to me is selling a Shelby GT for 58K... are you :censored: kidding me?

The Ford name is now synonymous with SHIT quality, and people are going to have no reason to keep buying if you don't pull your heads out of your asses.

post-22598-1176318428_thumb.jpg

:bowdown:

Cashman's heart is in the right place, but Austalian Fords are about as aesthetically pleasing as the poorly received Holden GTO that's still lingering around.

I've dreamed of the Pursuit model (formerly the Falcon XT, or something) for many years, but I guess "utes" aren't marketable here or something. Don't really get it though. Probably because idiots would try to tow boats and crap with it just cause it has a pickup bed.

Love the comment about the "FUCKING MEXICAN FOCUS." :hysterical:

I dunno about other people, but the OZ Fords aren't anything special in the styling dept...they look like 1990's NA or European Fords.

Maybe there's a big generation gap here or something, because I think most of the younger crowd aged 16-mid 20's would be all over most all of these cars... and pretty much nothing now appeals to them, aside from the rustang.

Cashman's heart is in the right place, but Austalian Fords are about as aesthetically pleasing as the poorly received Holden GTO that's still lingering around.

I've dreamed of the Pursuit model (formerly the Falcon XT, or something) for many years, but I guess "utes" aren't marketable here or something. Don't really get it though. Probably because idiots would try to tow boats and crap with it just cause it has a pickup bed.

Love the comment about the "FUCKING MEXICAN FOCUS." :hysterical:

the GTO was a very toned down version of the Monaro, and it would have sold better if it looked as aggressive:

post-22598-1176323678_thumb.jpg post-22598-1176323685_thumb.jpg post-22598-1176323692_thumb.jpg post-22598-1176323708_thumb.jpg

GM obviously learned their lesson though, seen as the 08 G8

post-22598-1176324008_thumb.jpg post-22598-1176324018_thumb.jpg

I think americans in general are a very simple people, and we will take looks over quality/reliability... but when you have neither, what's the point? Brand loyalty will only go so far...

I'd take the engines, Territory, Focus ST and Mondeo......but I'd have to pass on the Falcon. It looked tired when it was new, and sure hasn't aged well.

I'm sure if the product offering over in Australia was all it was hyped up to be, Ford would be doing a lot better down there

I agree that it's not the most aesthetically appealing, but it's still much better than most of the current NA fords available.

the GTO was a very toned down version of the Monaro, and it would have sold better if it looked as aggressive:

So applying additional plastic parts makes the car more aggressive? I don't think so...

"More of oh I don't get that so I'm gonna throw a tantrum till I do, then when I do, I don't want it any more"

Guess we'll see if the G8 is any more successful then the GTO was...

I really love the understated look of the Aussie Fords. Americans have been begging Ford to bring those cars here for years. They haven't yet. I even made a petitoin website to bring the Falcon here. Then I decided to give up. Why? Becuase the cars are probably too good looking to sell well here. Look at the shit that sells here now. If people like Camrys, they probably won't like something that actually looks good.

So does SVT!

Or SRT or AMG for that matter. Anybody else notice that all those acronyms always end in that "eeeeee" sound ? Even the CTS-V is that "eeee" sound. The only one I can think of that doesn't is M. M is just emmm. Hmm.

Edited by SVT_MAN

If people like Camrys, they probably won't like something that actually looks good.

You DO realize that people buy Camry's because they last so long?

Toyota didn't do this recently, ITS BEEN 30 YEARS!!!

Looking good != Running good

I think every one of them are better looking than what we have here in the U.S.

I wouldn't.

That Fairlaine looks like a Crown Vic with a bad nose job.

The Falcon looks 90s.

The Ranger looks old.

The Terriroty is an Escape front clip on a Focus wagon.

None of it is stellar. It just looks different.

Now the Mondeo. THAT is a different story.

post-22598-1176317879_thumb.jpg

New Mondeo

The rest of the world gets beautiful and powerful fords, we get GARBAGE like the Edge/bland focus/unchanged ranger/500... er taurus/flame-throwing superduty/unchanged crown vic, etc. We NEED a drastic change from the past couple decades, we keep the current and projected lineup there is no hope for Ford whatsoever.

And if you call performance a 500 hp rustang that weighs well over 4000 lbs, there is something seriously wrong here... a base C6 vette will walk all over it, and dealers aren't literally raping customers with 20-50,000 markups on them. Hell, the local dealer to me is selling a Shelby GT for 58K... are you :censored: kidding me?

The Ford name is now synonymous with SHIT quality, and people are going to have no reason to keep buying if you don't pull your heads out of your asses.

Do you realize how much these two paragraphs make you look like a major troll??? Or, is that your intention???

There is so much wrong with these statements, that I'm not even going to bother to pull it all apart............. and tell you the error of your ways. Lets just come to the conclusion, that your OPINIONS, are just that.............. opinions. Lets just say that the GARBAGE Edge, and the 500hp "Rustang" are flying out of dealerships. So, obviously, others do not share your rather warped opinion.

That said, anyone who comes to a Ford board, and talks about "Rustangs" loses about any ounce of credibility that they may actually possess. This is usually a term that is reserved for GM fanatics, or "fart can" lovers.

PS, try to get your "facts" at least a little accurate, before ranting.

Don't worry,

The Ford appoligist will be here shortly to explaine why the "Its good enough" approach is working because a few models are meeting their lowered sales expectations...

Just wait for it....

That said, anyone who comes to a Ford board, and talks about "Rustangs" loses about any ounce of credibility that they may actually possess. This is usually a term that is reserved for GM fanatics, or "fart can" lovers.

It may well be a troll, but I have an 2005 Rustang GT and one look under my car which has been garage kept and rarely drove in the rain proves that the rustang name is well deserved....

Edited by sranger

Don't worry,

The Ford appoligist will be here shortly to explaine why the "Its good enough" approach is working because a few models are meeting their lowered sales expectations...

Just wait for it....

It may well be a troll, but I have an 2005 Rustang GT and one look under my car which has been garage kept and rarely drove in the rain proves that the rustang name is well deserved....

Guess I'll bite on this one...why in the world would you want to dump a car into a market? Ford's new numbers are fair better in line with expectations, instead of designing the old Tarasus to sell 400K units and having to dump it into fleets or whatever, they did their home work and said hey we can make 150K Fusions, not dump them into the market and still make money on them and make our customers happy since when they go to trade in their car, it will be worth something since its not flooding the used car fleet with rentals that are 2 years old.

As for the rust thing...I've seen that on all cars I've owned...the rear control blade on my SVT Focus had a nice light coating of rust on it.

Guess I'll bite on this one...why in the world would you want to dump a car into a market? Ford's new numbers are fair better in line with expectations, instead of designing the old Tarasus to sell 400K units and having to dump it into fleets or whatever, they did their home work and said hey we can make 150K Fusions, not dump them into the market and still make money on them and make our customers happy since when they go to trade in their car, it will be worth something since its not flooding the used car fleet with rentals that are 2 years old.

As for the rust thing...I've seen that on all cars I've owned...the rear control blade on my SVT Focus had a nice light coating of rust on it.

Cosmetic rust happens to all vehicles...its only on the surface...and the ausie fords are nothing special....I don't see how horsepower is always the answer...no offense silvr, not directed at you lol.

I guess it's a case of different strokes for different folks. The next Falcon looks nothing like the ones posted above. The new styling eliminates the last of the jelly mould features of that car.

Bear in mind that Mark Fields has seen the 2008 Falcon and J Mays team is involved, American Scott Strong is leading up the styling.

Word is that although it's not exactly the same as the new Mondeo, you can see they came out of the same design centre. Most people would be aware that Ford AUS will be more heavily included into development of North American products and this surely includes Mustang and Falcon engineering groups working togehter on the one platform, as per Mulally's directives. Both groups would bebefit from pooling their resources.

I do beleive there is a market for som e well engineered RWD cars but, unlike GM I don't believe a wholesale roll out is a good thing.

As a final note style is meerly the skin of the architecture, I'm sure if joint development happens in the near future, the Falcons will gain a model with far more international styling.

Edited by jpd80

Cosmetic rust happens to all vehicles...its only on the surface...and the ausie fords are nothing special....I don't see how horsepower is always the answer...no offense silvr, not directed at you lol.

Thank you for the nice simple explanation for surface rust. It would appear that some think that their 8.8 will soon have holes big enough, in it, to throw the perverbial cat through.

I'm so sorry that Ford didn't see fit to powdercoat the entire underside of your Mustang, rstanger (or do you actually think that regular paint will hold up on suspension pieces?). The difference being, that your cars underbelly will not be completely rotted away in 20 or so years, like the majority of first gen Mustangs and Camaros.

If you spend any time on other forums, like some of us, you know that rustang is a derogatory term used by those who hate Mustangs, and Fords. It is hardly a term of indearment. However, I suspect you already know this.

Edited by Extreme4x4

So applying additional plastic parts makes the car more aggressive? I don't think so...

"More of oh I don't get that so I'm gonna throw a tantrum till I do, then when I do, I don't want it any more"

Guess we'll see if the G8 is any more successful then the GTO was...

So the Shelby GT is a stupid idea as well then? My local dealer is charging 58K for one, and someone is stupid enough to do it.

This isn't a tantrum, this is an honest opinion. If ford doesn't do a major turnaround with the vehicle lineup they currently have, they're going straight down the shitter. In fact, it's probably inevitable now.

You DO realize that people buy Camry's because they last so long?

Toyota didn't do this recently, ITS BEEN 30 YEARS!!!

Looking good != Running good

Exactly... and we have bland styling AND unreliable vehicles... and getting rid of the bad quality reputation will YEARS to overcome.