First 2010 Ford Mustang production mule spotted!

DetroitWonk

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First? There were pictures of Mustang mules months ago that had the new front end grafted on it with camo already.

This camo doesn't even look like it has underneath a grafted nose of the restyle like the true first pictures showed. I think if we look at that Giugiaro show car we are probably seeing much of the restyling.

This camo doesn't even look like it has underneath a grafted nose of the restyle like the true first pictures showed. I think if we look at that Giugiaro show car we are probably seeing much of the restyling.

I hated that Giugiaro show car. That thing was ugly.

I like the front end very much but I didn't care for the rear or bodyside styling at all...

Same here except I thought the bodyside would be fine with a few tweeks but I hated the rear. I liked the "hips" on the bodyside but I thought they needed to be toned down a bit.

I hope Ford is finally coming out with fresh and designs using design ques of all Mustangs and not copy a specific year.

Sort of like the 94-04's? Yes, they look outdated now, but they were certainly fresh when they came out and they used a lot more historical Mustang cues than most give them credit for.

We would not be here today talking about the Mustang if it wasn't for the 94 redesign and how well it sold.

Sort of like the 94-04's? Yes, they look outdated now, but they were certainly fresh when they came out and they used a lot more historical Mustang cues than most give them credit for.

We would not be here today talking about the Mustang if it wasn't for the 94 redesign and how well it sold.

The 1994 Mustang is what brought me back to Ford. They made exactly what I wanted to see at the time and that was a modern Mustang that looked like a Mustang with some classic styling cues. I always call the 94-98 the "Taurus-Stang" because you can clearly see the family resemblence. That generation Mustang is still very popular with young people buying their first cars. I see a lot of them in very good shape and I am suprised how good it still looks.

ac172f31.gif

I like how this Road & Track cover did the redesign. It makes the front end have less apparent grille height while giving the grille and lamps are sneeker hooded look...

2009fordmustang002small.jpg

The Guigiaro Mustang is likely where front end styling will go to but I wonder how they are gonna do the hood without adding a "toilet seat" hood opening that will resist damage to the hood and pass bumper standards. Existing spy photos reveal this front end style through the camo. I don't see the need for much change to the bodysides of the current Mustang. All it needs is a new set of taillamps and a much improved interior.

giugiaromustang01.jpg

There is a rectractable top that is being developed but I am not crazy about the greenhouse profile...

Mustang Retractable Top

Edited by Watchdevil

I like how this Road & Track cover did the redesign. It makes the front end have less apparent grille height while giving the grille and lamps are sneeker hooded look...

2009fordmustang002small.jpg

That R&T chop is horrible. It looks like a warmed over GT with GT500-style headlight/foglamps. The funniest part that makes it ridiculously obvious that it's a bad chop: THE PONY IS FACING THE WRONG FREAKIN WAY!!!! :hysterical:

All it needs is a new set of taillamps and a much improved interior.

The car needs and is going to get more changes then that...all the sheetmetal under the green house will change.

I like the way the interior looks now, but it could use nicer quality plastics in it, but um I don't see that happening.

The car needs and is going to get more changes then that...all the sheetmetal under the green house will change.

I like the way the interior looks now, but it could use nicer quality plastics in it, but um I don't see that happening.

I wouldn't mind seeing some deeper sculpted C scoops, sort of the way the 67 was deeper than 66. I am afraid of hop-up rear quarters which might make it look old. I certainly don't like the way it looks on the Guigiaro concept.

giugiaromustang01.jpg

There is a rectractable top that is being developed but I am not crazy about the greenhouse profile...

I actually likey this better than the current model. It kind of gives me the same *oooohhhhh* factor that the '94-'98's did.

I was very disappointed when the SN197 originally came out and the nose was not as aggresive as the concept. I honestly don't think it is holding up as well as the SN95's. But that is just me.

This is what Ford needs to take attention away from the upcoming Crapmaro/Challenger.

And wouldn't it be nice, if the company that was one of the first to develope and somewhat successfully market the retractable actually returned it to one of their car lines?

THAT would be a Bold Move.

Edited by 96 Pony

That R&T chop is horrible. It looks like a warmed over GT with GT500-style headlight/foglamps. The funniest part that makes it ridiculously obvious that it's a bad chop: THE PONY IS FACING THE WRONG FREAKIN WAY!!!! :hysterical:

It's apparent that they reversed the image, and of all places the put it on the cover! I guess they pay their editors to sleep! :hysterical:

Edited by Furious1Auto

giugiaromustang01.jpg

I actually likey this better than the current model. It kind of gives me the same *oooohhhhh* factor that the '94-'98's did.

I was very disappointed when the SN197 originally came out and the nose was not as aggresive as the concept. I honestly don't think it is holding up as well as the SN95's. But that is just me.

I was disappointed as well that the 2005 Mustang front end looked too tall and upright, especially compared to the showcar. You can also look at all the renderings that preceded the prduction car and see that they had more of a snarky low profile nose. If they restyle t right, the headlamps should look like they are hooded or partially hidden, the grille should be more trapazoidal, wih lower height and the gigantic bumper shelf should be reduced.

I also noticed with the Mustang showcar that there is a certain arc to the roof that didn't translate into the production car.