Tundra 2007 Sales numbers??

silvrsvt

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's close enough for 200k in my book, they probally sold the extra 4k by now. If it were Ford I could honestly claim 200K units sold. This is a scary sight for Domestic truck fans, the blind are flocking to the TURD-ra putting a worse hurt on GM & Ford.

That's close enough for 200k in my book, they probally sold the extra 4k by now. If it were Ford I could honestly claim 200K units sold. This is a scary sight for Domestic truck fans, the blind are flocking to the TURD-ra putting a worse hurt on GM & Ford.

Hydro, there is some truth in your post. Unlike the the true blind (i.e. Ford buyers), you somewhat see what is going on. The Tundra really only competes with the F-150. The F-250 through F-550 superduty trucks i believe are in a separate class (Truck experts, correct me if i am wrong). Ford however has chosen to never reveal how much F-150s it sells per month. Instead, it lumps everything together as F series sales. Is it possible that the Tundra by selling 200K in 2007 outsold the F-150? No chance. However, with Ford trucks doing a serious backslide and Toyota trucks moving up in sales, will the Tundra be outselling the F-150 in as little as 3 years? Its a possibility. Below are the true numbers for 2007:

Top 10 Pickups Sales Figures

Year-to-Date (YTD) Dec 2007

Ford F-Series

690,589 -13.2% YTD

Dec 2007: 55,069

Dec 2006: 70,580

Chevrolet Silverado

618,257 -2.7% YTD

Dec 2007: 53,560

Dec 2006: 52,396

Dodge Ram

358,295 -2.0% YTD

Dec 2007: 32,118

Dec 2006: 32,875

GMC Sierra

208,243 -1.2% YTD

Dec 2007: 19,782

Dec 2006: 17,541

Toyota Tundra

196,555 +57.4% YTD

Dec 2007: 19,219

Dec 2006: 12,468

Toyota Tacoma

173,238 -3.2% YTD

Dec 2007: 13,289

Dec 2006: 15,857

Chevrolet Colorado

75,716 -19.3% YTD

Dec 2007: 5,410

Dec 2006: 7,858

Ford Ranger

72,711 -21.3% YTD

Dec 2007: 5,564

Dec 2006: 8,349

Nissan Titan

65,746 -9.2% YTD

Dec 2007: 4,785

Dec 2006: 5,575

Nissan Frontier

64,397 -17.2% YTD

Dec 2007: 4,708

Dec 2006: 5,728

Source: http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/otf0999.html

Toyota is making a serious dent in the truck market! Look at the other "import", the Titan. Only 65K sold. Also, look at the Ranger. The Tacoma outsells it almost 2.5 to 1. Now look at the above sales figures again. EVERY truck lost sales in 2007 EXCEPT the Tundra that was up 57%!! That is huge! Now some of you are going to counter by saying the Tundra was only up 57% because of the massive incentives Toyota offered on them. Ford had big incentives too! This link shows you that Ford incentives were 3 times that of Toyota in Nov and Dec 2007. Also, remember that the Tundra was not available until Feb 2007 and even then the crew max did not show up until late March/ early April in short supply and was not readily available for another 3 months. Had this been a full Jan to Dec sales year, there is no doubt the Tundra would have moved north of 230K trucks. Yes, Toyota had some quality issues with the Tundra but history tells me that they will move quickly to fix these problems and by mid 2008, the quality people expect from Toyota products will be back. A reasonable discussion about this would be nice but my time on here tells me it aint going to happen. :hysterical:

Edited by Ford??-LOL!

IIRC, don't F-150 sales make up 60% of F-series sales?

Also, Toyota is spending loads of $$$ on incentives.

I really don't see Tundra outselling the F-150 anytime soon, besides, there's a new one coming out this year as well.

I am a bit concerned by howclose Silverado numbers are getting though.

Also, if you look at the numbers posted, most trucks had a slight decline compared to F-150's 15K unit difference from last year, I suppose some of that couldve been caused by the fact that there were more F-150 customers, meaning there were more F-150 customers available to leave the truck market than from other manufacturers.

Hydro, there is some truth in your post. Unlike the the true blind (i.e. Ford buyers), you somewhat see what is going on. The Tundra really only competes with the F-150. The F-250 through F-550 superduty trucks i believe are in a separate class (Truck experts, correct me if i am wrong). Ford however has chosen to never reveal how much F-150s it sells per month. Instead, it lumps everything together as F series sales. Is it possible that the Tundra by selling 200K in 2007 outsold the F-150? No chance. However, with Ford trucks doing a serious backslide and Toyota trucks moving up in sales, will the Tundra be outselling the F-150 in as little as 3 years? Its a possibility. Below are the true numbers for 2007:

Top 10 Pickups Sales Figures

Year-to-Date (YTD) Dec 2007

Ford F-Series

690,589 -13.2% YTD

Dec 2007: 55,069

Dec 2006: 70,580

Chevrolet Silverado

618,257 -2.7% YTD

Dec 2007: 53,560

Dec 2006: 52,396

Dodge Ram

358,295 -2.0% YTD

Dec 2007: 32,118

Dec 2006: 32,875

GMC Sierra

208,243 -1.2% YTD

Dec 2007: 19,782

Dec 2006: 17,541

Toyota Tundra

196,555 +57.4% YTD

Dec 2007: 19,219

Dec 2006: 12,468

Toyota Tacoma

173,238 -3.2% YTD

Dec 2007: 13,289

Dec 2006: 15,857

Chevrolet Colorado

75,716 -19.3% YTD

Dec 2007: 5,410

Dec 2006: 7,858

Ford Ranger

72,711 -21.3% YTD

Dec 2007: 5,564

Dec 2006: 8,349

Nissan Titan

65,746 -9.2% YTD

Dec 2007: 4,785

Dec 2006: 5,575

Nissan Frontier

64,397 -17.2% YTD

Dec 2007: 4,708

Dec 2006: 5,728

Source: http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/otf0999.html

Toyota is making a serious dent in the truck market! Look at the other "import", the Titan. Only 65K sold. Also, look at the Ranger. The Tacoma outsells it almost 2.5 to 1. Now look at the above sales figures again. EVERY truck lost sales in 2007 EXCEPT the Tundra that was up 57%!! That is huge! Now some of you are going to counter by saying the Tundra was only up 57% because of the massive incentives Toyota offered on them. Ford had big incentives too! This link shows you that Ford incentives were 3 times that of Toyota in Nov and Dec 2007. Also, remember that the Tundra was not available until Feb 2007 and even then the crew max did not show up until late March/ early April in short supply and was not readily available for another 3 months. Had this been a full Jan to Dec sales year, there is no doubt the Tundra would have moved north of 230K trucks. Yes, Toyota had some quality issues with the Tundra but history tells me that they will move quickly to fix these problems and by mid 2008, the quality people expect from Toyota products will be back. A reasonable discussion about this would be nice but my time on here tells me it aint going to happen. :hysterical:

All true, but as a diehard Ford fan, isn't it better to stick you head in the sand so as to ignore the obvious. While the Ford fans are laughing at Toyota only increasing Tundra sales by 57%, Toyota is diligently ironing out the details, improving, and will no doubt surpass 200K in 2008.

Funny that you laugh that they did not run their factory at full capacity. BTW, how many Ford factories are slowing production, idled, or shuttered?

All true, but as a diehard Ford fan, isn't it better to stick you head in the sand so as to ignore the obvious. While the Ford fans are laughing at Toyota only increasing Tundra sales by 57%, Toyota is diligently ironing out the details, improving, and will no doubt surpass 200K in 2008.

Funny that you laugh that they did not run their factory at full capacity. BTW, how many Ford factories are slowing production, idled, or shuttered?

Funny how in December there was 9000 on the hood of some Tundras...

Toyota is making a serious dent in the truck market! Look at the other "import", the Titan. Only 65K sold. Also, look at the Ranger. The Tacoma outsells it almost 2.5 to 1. Now look at the above sales figures again. EVERY truck lost sales in 2007 EXCEPT the Tundra that was up 57%!! That is huge! Now some of you are going to counter by saying the Tundra was only up 57% because of the massive incentives Toyota offered on them. Ford had big incentives too! This link shows you that Ford incentives were 3 times that of Toyota in Nov and Dec 2007.

Doesn't mean anything when it comes to F-150 vs Tundra sales, Tundra rebates are still in the 6K range and the F-150 is only at $3500. Also lets not forget that that the F-150 is now the oldest fullsized pick up on the market with a refresh due this year. Do you really think they will be able to sustain those sales levels with 6K rebates on them for a length of time? all they are doing is pulling sales and dropping the resale value of their product.

Yes, Toyota had some quality issues with the Tundra but history tells me that they will move quickly to fix these problems and by mid 2008, the quality people expect from Toyota products will be back. A reasonable discussion about this would be nice but my time on here tells me it aint going to happen. :hysterical:

So they are going to fix the flexible flyer frame or the tail gate that gets damaged when it has more then 200lbs on it?

What I do find amusing is Toyota's pricing strategy. To move as many Tundras as possible there was a ton of money on the hood from the get go. For a vehicle that has been available to the consumer market for less than a year that does not look all that great. For all that HP and braking power that Toyota touted, it sure didn't make the impact that I'm sure Toyota was looking for. How about trying to sustain those sales? If I can recall correctly when I had my 06 F-150 there was only 2,000 worth of incentives (and a bulk of that required a certain option package), and that was when the F-150 was pretty much 2 years old.

With the short term issues that have pop'd up (tailgate, etc). I question the durability of those rigs. If these things are not holding up to the abuse that pickup drivers are accustomed to throwing at their trucks......then I'd say Toyota has a long road ahead.

The Tundra has been out less than a year and certainly has had its fair share of problems. I am no fan of them and wouldn't but one if it was the last truck on the planet. However, Ford has absolutely no room to criticize them in light of the fact that the modular V8's have been experiencing spark plug blowouts / breakoffs for nearly TEN years now. They had their chance to fix the first problem and replaced it with another.

The stories abound on the internet about owners being robbed by Ford to repair these nightmares. Private garages have lessened the burden somewhat with aftermarket solutions. The fact remains that tens of thousands of owners are declaring these trucks "their last Ford" because of this problem. Guess where many of them have probably gone?

200K trucks this year, 250K next year. Give them 5 or 10 years, before you know it, they could be running head to head. Ford, GM and Dodges only salvation is that truck buyers tend to be the most brand loyal and buy-American oriented of all buyers. I work with three former long time Ford owners who jumped to Toyota this year. Ford transmission failures in two cases, big bucks to fix, trade them in. Another with the 6.0 Powerjoke engine couldn't afford to keep it running when the warranty expired. I never would have imagined them in anything other than American trucks, it still seems weird to see them in Toyotas.

The Tundra has been out less than a year and certainly has had its fair share of problems. I am no fan of them and wouldn't but one if it was the last truck on the planet. However, Ford has absolutely no room to criticize them in light of the fact that the modular V8's have been experiencing spark plug blowouts / breakoffs for nearly TEN years now. They had their chance to fix the first problem and replaced it with another.

The stories abound on the internet about owners being robbed by Ford to repair these nightmares. Private garages have lessened the burden somewhat with aftermarket solutions. The fact remains that tens of thousands of owners are declaring these trucks "their last Ford" because of this problem. Guess where many of them have probably gone?

200K trucks this year, 250K next year. Give them 5 or 10 years, before you know it, they could be running head to head. Ford, GM and Dodges only salvation is that truck buyers tend to be the most brand loyal and buy-American oriented of all buyers. I work with three former long time Ford owners who jumped to Toyota this year. Ford transmission failures in two cases, big bucks to fix, trade them in. Another with the 6.0 Powerjoke engine couldn't afford to keep it running when the warranty expired. I never would have imagined them in anything other than American trucks, it still seems weird to see them in Toyotas.

Oh goody, lets start all these arguments again. I'll go now. Fords quality has improved substantially as of late. Many of these problems are old and have been beaten to death. The fact that Ford had problems before is irrelevant to the issue at hand. The Tundra, as good as most Toyotas are, is complete crap.

Suv Guy,

Believe me, I am not a Toyota fan whatsoever. Granted, the spark plug blowout problem is old news, but the breakoff problem is current, and alot of current owners are facing the inevitable when their trucks hit the 100K mile mark and end up with broken off plugs. I've talked to people paying $300 to $1000 for spark plug replacement, which is insane!

Its just the reality of very poor engineering of a component that has existed since the beginning of the gasoline engine.

Its just the reality of very poor engineering of a component that has existed since the beginning of the gasoline engine.

But how long have high mileage/low mantance engines been around? 10-15 years?

Simple fix is to just replace your plugs every 30-40K or just break them lose and retighen them down.

If you leave a screw or bolt in the same conditions it will come out (and be a bitch about it), but a sparkplug sure doesnt have the same strength as as either and will break if you apply the same forces to it.

But how long have high mileage/low mantance engines been around? 10-15 years?

Simple fix is to just replace your plugs every 30-40K or just break them lose and retighen them down.

If you leave a screw or bolt in the same conditions it will come out (and be a bitch about it), but a sparkplug sure doesnt have the same strength as as either and will break if you apply the same forces to it.

Also, I have heard that it makes things much easier for both problems if the block is completely cooled when the plugs are changed. Let it sit over night before it is done.

Suv Guy,

Believe me, I am not a Toyota fan whatsoever. Granted, the spark plug blowout problem is old news, but the breakoff problem is current, and alot of current owners are facing the inevitable when their trucks hit the 100K mile mark and end up with broken off plugs. I've talked to people paying $300 to $1000 for spark plug replacement, which is insane!

Sorry, I'm just getting tired of all the negativity piling up around here.

Ford-LOL, --- why are you even on this site? You are so Ford-negative and pro-Import then go join their forums. Toyota Tundra is a high volume first year model and the problems with it are too numerous to mention here. If you really truly believe Ford will lose the full size truck sales crown to Toyota in our lifetime then I got a bridge for you....cheap. Sooner or later when enough manufacturing jobs are lost in this country then somewhere somehow a politician with some nads on him will start playing the way all the friggin other countries play and protect their own before giving away everything to others. Our trade policies are a disgrace to the working man and if you think otherwise I hope you don't work in manufacturing.

Taco's sell 2.5 times the ranger?? Glad I don't live there. Around here I counted 17 rangers, 7 s-10/colorado's, 2 dakota's and 2 tacoma's on a 2hr trip. Rangers almost outsell f-150's it seems. Anybody have canadian sales? Especially the east coast (maritimes)?

Post that and you'll see what I mean.

Speaking of which,(rangers) the guy in my shop (chev guy) who complained about the stiff suspension in our new f-250, and that everybody jumped on me for calling him a pussy? He just bought a 07 ext cab ranger 4x4 for $23,000. At the same time his girlfriend bought a 07 focus. (I mentioned the 08's had sync but I guess she got a good deal)

All this doom and gloom on here about everything ford is a bit of a stretch I think. I see a shitload of edges on the roads now and even some taurus X's. Not to mention the vast majority of work trucks around here are superduty's!

Edited by goinbroke2

Ford-LOL, --- why are you even on this site? You are so Ford-negative and pro-Import then go join their forums. Toyota Tundra is a high volume first year model and the problems with it are too numerous to mention here. If you really truly believe Ford will lose the full size truck sales crown to Toyota in our lifetime then I got a bridge for you....cheap. Sooner or later when enough manufacturing jobs are lost in this country then somewhere somehow a politician with some nads on him will start playing the way all the friggin other countries play and protect their own before giving away everything to others. Our trade policies are a disgrace to the working man and if you think otherwise I hope you don't work in manufacturing.

Its idiots that think like you that actually run Ford. No wonder they are in trouble! Like i always say, whether Toyota's reliability is actually real or perceived, they have the general public convinced that it is real. Hence, the increasing sales across the board when other manufacturers are seeing sales backsliding. Someone earlier in this thread said that F-150s account for about 60% of F series sales. If that is true then we can assume that in 2007, Ford sold about 415K F-150s while the Tundra moved 196K trucks. Toyota will certainly sell more than 200K units this year and i pray Ford has something special for the 2009 F-150 or else they will keep on sliding. I would love to see Ford have a runaway success with the new F-150. I like what i have seen on the outside so far but i cant say i have seen a pic of what the final interior will look like. Also, i hope they can put it together with at least some decent build quality....

So, they went from having a Ford w/ problems to having a Toyota w/ problems?

Its idiots that think like you that actually run Ford. No wonder they are in trouble! Like i always say, whether Toyota's reliability is actually real or perceived, they have the general public convinced that it is real. Hence, the increasing sales across the board when other manufacturers are seeing sales backsliding. Someone earlier in this thread said that F-150s account for about 60% of F series sales. If that is true then we can assume that in 2007, Ford sold about 415K F-150s while the Tundra moved 196K trucks. Toyota will certainly sell more than 200K units this year and i pray Ford has something special for the 2009 F-150 or else they will keep on sliding. I would love to see Ford have a runaway success with the new F-150. I like what i have seen on the outside so far but i cant say i have seen a pic of what the final interior will look like. Also, i hope they can put it together with at least some decent build quality....

I'm not 100% sure on that 60% of F-series sales figure. IIRC, I saw it here somewhere.