2009 Escape Info

jasonj80

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The great thing about this is Ford now has given negatards another opportunity to kvetch:

"Ford sucks because every product needs an upgrade a year after it's launched"

"Ford sucks because they never update their products"

What will be nice is watching the gradual shift from

"Ford never updates their products. Why should I buy a new Ford? The new model is just like the old one."

To

"Ford is always adding things to their products. Why should I buy a new Ford? It will be worthless in a year."

The only person I see bitching here is you, like every other thread the cheerleaders ruin with all the off-topic BS, and Ford bashing. You guys suffer from projection in a horrible way, stop blaming others for the constant thread hijacking.. :finger:

ike every other thread the cheerleaders ruin with all the off-topic BS, and Ford bashing

Wow. That makes -=NO=- sense. Cheerleaders ruin a thread with Ford bashing?

As far as the thread going off topic is concerned, if you don't like it, there are other Ford forums around that will be happy to ban you, if you join them.

OTOH, you could realize that the same laissez faire attitude that keeps your login valid means you're going to read (or skim) through a page or so of Star Trek blather before the thread comes back on topic.

You could just roll your eyes and put up with it, in much the same way that many other people on this board roll their eyes and put up with you.

See, life is all about give and take..... You give and I take. Or something like that.

Wow. That makes -=NO=- sense. Cheerleaders ruin a thread with Ford bashing?

As far as the thread going off topic is concerned, if you don't like it, there are other Ford forums around that will be happy to ban you, if you join them.

OTOH, you could realize that the same laissez faire attitude that keeps your login valid means you're going to read (or skim) through a page or so of Star Trek blather before the thread comes back on topic.

You could just roll your eyes and put up with it, in much the same way that many other people on this board roll their eyes and put up with you.

See, life is all about give and take..... You give and I take. Or something like that.

I was talking about the Panther bashing that pops up everywhere, and I was angry which I blame on my low blood sugar at the time.. :do what:

Maybe DeanH can let me test drive the 09 when it comes out since I think he's in my area..

What would make you happy................ huh???? WHAT !!!!!?????

Does it need 300hp, 35mpg, and a price of $20K. Hell no, you would still be pissed, because there is that bothersome little blue oval thing on it. It would be "oh the greenhouse is still the same............... they used the same bolts on the rear seat frames, as they did in 2001................ it really should have direct injection, Ford is sooooo behind.............. if MB can make an 8-speed auto, Ford is decades behind with their pathetic 6-speed................ who really needs a small, manuverable, good handling, fun, SUV type crossover vehicle................ blah, blah, blah.

They address everything that people have been asking for (new body, interior, now engine, trans, NVH, mileage), and keep the price pretty much the same............... and yet you BITCH.

God I'm tired of people like you.

I have a 2003 Tribute. I keep trying to figure out what I want to replace it with (its paid off in a few months). I keep thinking I would like bigger, with more power. Then, every time I drive my trucklet through a curvy road, with a big ol grin plastered on my face, I just can't see getting something else. This update would solve any problem I have with my Tribute............... mainly the transmission. Yes the interior could be better (already solved on new one), and of course, who would say no to more power (I have never wanted for power, as the engine really wakes up over 20K miles, and I live in very mountainous country). Thus, the new '09 Escape/Mariner/Tribute would be high on my list. Oh, and the worse mileage I have ever gotten out of my fully loaded AWD, is 17mpg in the city. This is in a full tank of short hops (less than 10 miles). I live in a small place, so you don't have to go far to anywhere.

DCK sounds like someone who has never driven one.

:hysterical: Oh Shut the fuck up and pull your head out of your ass, is it too much to ask for it not to have significant;y less horsepower and fuel economy against its competition all while being smaller...HOW ABOUT THAT? HUH? HOW ABOUT THAT?

Hell I am tired with people like yourself, always defending uncompetitive products. HOW ABOUT THEY GET COMPETITIVE?

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU WANT FORD TO KEEP PRODUCING UNCOMPETITIVE PRODUCTS? HUH

Answer that one before you get all offended because I posted the truth, you whiny bitch.

Holy crap, what we will bitch about now? Does it still have rear drums? We could bitch about that... :P

Seriously, though this is great news! Finally, Ford is trying to be class leading instead of trying to catch up!

It's turning around at a steady pace. You ain't seen nothun yet. Patience required.

:hysterical: Oh Shut the fuck up and pull your head out of your ass, is it too much to ask for it not to have significant;y less horsepower and fuel economy against its competition all while being smaller...HOW ABOUT THAT? HUH? HOW ABOUT THAT?

Hell I am tired with people like yourself, always defending uncompetitive products. HOW ABOUT THEY GET COMPETITIVE?

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU WANT FORD TO KEEP PRODUCING UNCOMPETITIVE PRODUCTS? HUH

Answer that one before you get all offended because I posted the truth, you whiny bitch.

I think it's freakin' hilarious how shrill you get every time Ford improves the Escape/Mariner/Tribute. I guess they're ruining your mojo...

And before you say it, no, it's not there yet. However, Ford continues to improve the product and I applaud them for that. They could have just done the restyle, clapped themselves on the back and said "Good job!". This is a good sign that Ford recognizes there are shortcomings in their product line and they are making progress in addressing it.

I was hoping for a bit more in the numbers, we've seen the 3.0L pump out 235-240HP, but with more complicated gadgetry that probably wasn't deemed financially viable for the product...really it's 9HP more than the Fusions 3.0L, they could have stuck that in from day one rather than released this a year after the product is introduced and save themselves from having mud on their face as usual.

I'm more dissapointed with the 2.5L. I was hoping for at least 180HP, but at least this gives them room to bump it up to catch up with the competition when they feel the need to be competitive.

It's nice seeing some of the extra toys like RSC being added, and a few other things like a new "sound box" for the V6 engine, and stabilizing bar as well. I do appreciate how they are tweaking these details after it's pointed out to them. I would have appreciated better brakes, for all I see is just brakes for the Hybrid getting upgraded.

Does anyone have info as to the origins of the 2.5l? Is it an upgraded 2.3? Or a completely different architecture? Will it serve as the basis for an Ego-boost treatment as well? Or will the 2.0L be the sole 4Cylinder EgoBooster?

09 Escape:

FWD

170hp I4 23/29 (manual)

170hp I4 21/27 (6speed)

230hp V6 19/25

AWD

170 hp I4 19/25

230hp V6 18/23

08 CR-V

FWD

166hp I4 20/27

AWD

166hp I4 20/26

08 Rav-4

FWD

166hp I4 21/27

269hp V6 19/27

AWD

166hp I4 20/25

269hp V6 19/26

08 Vue

FWD

169hp I4 19/26

222hp V6 16/24

252hp V6 16/23

AWD

222hp V6 16/22

252hp V6 15/22

Rouge

FWD

170hp I4 22/27

AWD

170hp I4 21/26

Igor

Edited by igor

What matters the most to me, and likely to anyone wanting stoplight performance, is torque output. How much torque are they getting out of a pip D30 at 230 hp? Following the progressions, I would expect a number around 215 lbs. While that's an improvement over the previous D30, its still not a whole lot for an SUV, even the escape. I would expect the torque numbers for the D25 to be good, though. Given the displacement, they should be right up there with the competition. Though, with only intake cam phasing, it may lag a little.

Do like the 6 speeds, however, especially on the 2.5L. That is definitely going to put a dent in CRV sales.

Where did the 2.5L come from?

Gosh, I still remember the Duratec 2.5L V6 in the Contour! And there was another 2.5I4 in the Ranger, it sounded like it belonged in a mail truck! ;)

I heard so many rumors that the D30 was dead and D35 was taking over. What was all this hype about cutting V6 engine models to just two?

Glad to see the entry level choice looking so much more modernized!

Gosh, I still remember the Duratec 2.5L V6 in the Contour! And there was another 2.5I4 in the Ranger, it sounded like it belonged in a mail truck! ;)

I heard so many rumors that the D30 was dead and D35 was taking over. What was all this hype about cutting V6 engine models to just two?

the upgraded D30 will stick around only for about 3 years - Ford either truly could not make the old Cd2 platform of the Escape work with the new V6, or they decided that they want to keep the D35 exlusive to the other 5 passanger crossover in their lineup (you know - Edge).

Either way, I am 80% sure the next Escape which will be on the roads before 2012 will have no V6 available - just look at the trend Rogue, CR-V, and soon other s will follow.

Igor

The D30 is still planned to be phased out from what I understand...they are just going to get a little more milage out of it before they do.

The 2.5 is basically an up-stroked 2.3 with some other goodies slapped on it I believe.

The 2.5 is basically an up-stroked 2.3 with some other goodies slapped on it I believe.

I dunno, I know that FNA and FOE didn't really care for the Mazda engine...thus they worked on their own. I'm sure its based on info gathered from the 2.3, but I dont think they are the same engine.

From what the few reliable sources on here have indicated, the D30PIP was developed to extend the life of the D30 production lines while the D35 changeover was in process. Ford found they were getting D35 volume faster than anticipated and shelved the D30 PIP. Then, the UAW negotiations hit and one of the plants that was slated to close that was a D30 line got a reprieve and the D30 PIP program was taken off the shelf and given to them to produce. The engine is a decent fit for the CD3s and the Escape, especially when you consider that there is a 2.5L EcoBoost that's supposedly planned for those vehicles that will deliver power equal to the leading big V6s for 4 banger mpg. And, as it stands, the volume in the segment is still in the 4 cylinders, and, if we can assume that the 6AT/2.5L combo from the escape will find its way into the MCE fusion/Milan, it will be right up there with the class leaders. Yeah, it won't have a 190hp option like the accord does with the EX 2.4L that has to scream to make those few extra lbs of torque and handful of hp. It won't be the superefficient 175 ponies of the Nissan Alitma 2.5S with its CVT, but, its going to be there beating the Two leaders in their volume slots, the Camry 2.4L 5AT and the Accord LX 2.4L 5AT.

the upgraded D30 will stick around only for about 3 years - Ford either truly could not make the old Cd2 platform of the Escape work with the new V6, or they decided that they want to keep the D35 exlusive to the other 5 passanger crossover in their lineup (you know - Edge).

Either way, I am 80% sure the next Escape which will be on the roads before 2012 will have no V6 available - just look at the trend Rogue, CR-V, and soon other s will follow.

Igor

PIP got a reprieve when it turned in 1 mpg better than the D35 and performed very nicely with the 6 spd.

Boosted D2.7 Cyclone.