Wow!!!!!!!

FordBuyer

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dunno I see a lot of Freestyles/TXs here. I tink they may be poplar in some areas. If they put some $ into marketing them, they might get some better returns. Plus they totally cover the SUV/CUV market then. Especially if they sell LR. I don't think the TX uses up too many resources it is similar to the other CUVs.

There are alot of Freestyle/TXs in my neck of the woods.

The market for this segment has been so soft, why so much dedicated with little evidence of market potential? I mean I'm not complaining, but I'm concerned that they are setting themselves up for disappointing sales.

I like the new Taurus, but the interior did not get the attention it badly needed. Granted the Taurus is frumpy with some major proportion issues, but I do prefer the crisp and 'strong' design to the soft and inert designs we see in the segment. So few of these cars are on the road, but I'm always impressed by them, they remind me of my Lincoln LS with the huge crhome wheels, slab sides, and tidy arching design.

You might be, then again the detractors around here will always find something with it!

Its funny as the detractors never really tell you what the DO like or drive themselves. I can only listen so much to someone who drives a 94 civic or an old taxi cab.....I have had 7 new Fords in the last 5 years alone and sit with an inventory of over 1000 new at peak stock and have driven literally tens of thousands of vehicles. If I feel like taking a dump truck or an 07CLS550, or a C6 corvette or an 07 Sebring, or even a Plymouth Prowler to 7-11 for smokes right now I can...

Actually thats a great idea, I see an 06 Mini Cooper S cleanup just brought around and I don't feel like walking to my car so I'll take that.

Edited by kevinb120

Wonder if the Taurus will end up being our first glimpse of the global design language...

Like I said earlier, this is what I want:

As distinctive as the Fusion, as cohesive as the Mondeo.

Hopefully, I'm not asking for too much.

I am not going to fight with you.

I agree.

BTW .... never mind.

Its funny as the detractors never really tell you what the DO like or drive themselves. I can only listen so much to someone who drives a 94 civic or an old taxi cab.....I have had 7 new Fords in the last 5 years alone and sit with an inventory of over 1000 new at peak stock and have driven literally tens of thousands of vehicles. If I feel like taking a dump truck or an 07CLS550, or a C6 corvette or an 07 Sebring, or even a Plymouth Prowler to 7-11 for smokes right now I can...

Actually thats a great idea, I see an 06 Mini Cooper S cleanup just brought around and I don't feel like walking to my car so I'll take that.

watchout...Pioneer may label you a hypocrite....he lambasted me BIG time as I do drive a Cooper S, even after I stated my case that at the time ( 03 ) all the Ford had as a counter was the SVT Focus....but seems some TASTY choices are heade my way...Flex...thumbs up, or perhaps a Verve with a 200 hp twinforce and AWD ( wishful i know, but all this product actually has me salivating ) something small, tossable, well styled & peppy....right up my alley....and if this Taurus is as well thought out and anothe stylistic tour de force it is yet another sign things are looking up....

Wonder if the Taurus will end up being our first glimpse of the global design language...

Like I said earlier, this is what I want:

As distinctive as the Fusion, as cohesive as the Mondeo.

Hopefully, I'm not asking for too much.

I remember someone somewhere hinting that it would look similar to the Jag XF.

I remember someone somewhere hinting that it would look similar to the Jag XF.

There is a publicity photo with a mysterious clay model in the Ford design center that resembles a Jaguar XF. I wonder if the rumor emerged from that.

watchout...Pioneer may label you a hypocrite....he lambasted me BIG time as I do drive a Cooper S, even after I stated my case that at the time ( 03 ) all the Ford had as a counter was the SVT Focus....but seems some TASTY choices are heade my way...Flex...thumbs up, or perhaps a Verve with a 200 hp twinforce and AWD ( wishful i know, but all this product actually has me salivating ) something small, tossable, well styled & peppy....right up my alley....and if this Taurus is as well thought out and anothe stylistic tour de force it is yet another sign things are looking up....

Its not mine, its the dealer's. I've driven at least 30 different coopers, including all stages of the Works packages and full-tilt Works both convertible and hard top including with the brake upgrades.

Not to mention in the business we spend TIME with them. I've also driven dozens of SVTF's, including the Euro edition I owned for a year(and yes I have driven both a Vortec SVTF and a JR supercharged one s well). They use the same transmission but the mini's shifter is about 1/4" lower and the seating position is nowhere near as good but its a car I can easilly make my bitch even after it being a couple months since the last one :)

My point is some yahoo is on here complaining about EVERYTHING without really knowing much more then what google or an issue of R&T has to offer. Get into a pickup truck conversation with someone when I've driven thousands of F150's, hundreds of Ram/Silverados from all generations,and had at least 20 ridgelines that I've spent time with. What the fuck do they know again?? What have they even driven? I can't get over that, name it! E46? Sure I've driven dozens of 325/330's and at least 15 different M3's, Prowlers, SSR's(both engines), GTO's (both engines), Vipers, SRT 300/Charger and the V6's as well, any Corvette platform, Every domestic truck in the last 15 years including through 7500 class, every Hyundai, I can tell you the electric nuances and other problems and differences between the 993 and 996 as I've been in quite a few 911's and boxsters, etc. And somoene talking about how bad an Escape is knows what again?

The Cooper S I just drove btw was almost loaded, dark blue with a white roof, everything but HID's and leather(had the leatherette), 2006 with 19k miles. Was a little ragged though by the owner, lots of scratches and grime the detailers missed. Yes it rattled like they all do and yes the center console drives me crazy against my right leg and the switches are every which way to the winds but they ARE fun :) Gotta love how you are always surprised when you look down at the speedo to realize you're always going about 10-15mph slower then you though you were(same as a Miata, boy-racer feel at even 45mph)...And yes they are PATS keys that are re-skins of the basic BMW keyset.

Edited by kevinb120

I hope BlueII can answer this: could this car be the "coming out party" for Moray Callum as head of design for Ford NA? Everyone has been talking about Horbury, but Callum (yes, he's Ian's younger brother) was brought in after his success at Mazda, and tasked with giving Ford NA a design identity. His hands are probably somewhat tied by the global aspect of products like the Verve and Focus, but the Taurus would be his chance to introduce something unique. Thoughts?

Freeman Thomas penned the new Taurus.

He was also involved with the Reflex, the Explorer America concept, Interceptor, etc.

Horbury is a one trick pony who can't get anything outside a grille right.

Its not mine, its the dealer's. I've driven at least 30 different coopers, including all stages of the Works packages and full-tilt Works both convertible and hard top including with the brake upgrades.

Not to mention in the business we spend TIME with them. I've also driven dozens of SVTF's, including the Euro edition I owned for a year(and yes I have driven both a Vortec SVTF and a JR supercharged one s well). They use the same transmission but the mini's shifter is about 1/4" lower and the seating position is nowhere near as good but its a car I can easilly make my bitch even after it being a couple months since the last one :)

My point is some yahoo is on here complaining about EVERYTHING without really knowing much more then what google or an issue of R&T has to offer. Get into a pickup truck conversation with someone when I've driven thousands of F150's, hundreds of Ram/Silverados from all generations,and had at least 20 ridgelines that I've spent time with. What the fuck do they know again?? What have they even driven? I can't get over that, name it! E46? Sure I've driven dozens of 325/330's and at least 15 different M3's, Prowlers, SSR's(both engines), GTO's (both engines), Vipers, SRT 300/Charger and the V6's as well, any Corvette platform, Every domestic truck in the last 15 years including through 7500 class, every Hyundai, I can tell you the electric nuances and other problems and differences between the 993 and 996 as I've been in quite a few 911's and boxsters, etc. And somoene talking about how bad an Escape is knows what again?

The Cooper S I just drove btw was almost loaded, dark blue with a white roof, everything but HID's and leather(had the leatherette), 2006 with 19k miles. Was a little ragged though by the owner, lots of scratches and grime the detailers missed. Yes it rattled like they all do and yes the center console drives me crazy against my right leg and the switches are every which way to the winds but they ARE fun :) Gotta love how you are always surprised when you look down at the speedo to realize you're always going about 10-15mph slower then you though you were(same as a Miata, boy-racer feel at even 45mph)...And yes they are PATS keys that are re-skins of the basic BMW keyset.

I come here pre-conditioned to peoples entitlement of opinion, obviously some i agree with some i don't, and some are just pure distilled stupiditty...which UNFORTUNATELY I get roped into by raising the dumba$$ flag and calling foul, usually to be given some type of pimple popping acronym by an armchair expert still wearing pampers. A lot of even my own opinions are exactly that OPINIONS, but for 20 years i have been selling fords product and thus do feel i have a finger on the pulse in regards to the publics opinion more than most...hell, they just don't sell if people don't like them, customers will be the first to gripe about a perceived weakness, and also the first to toot another manufacturers horn if they feel the need...it is a hostile environment to say the least but gives an interesting perpective...and as DEPRESSING as fords lineup has been ( for too long) i can finally say i see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. And NO backwards baseball cap wearing pimple popping,pubescent in skid marked un-washed tighty whiteys with a schlitz in his non typing, with a mouth full of Doritos will convince me otherwise

I come here pre-conditioned to peoples entitlement of opinion, obviously some i agree with some i don't, and some are just pure distilled stupiditty...which UNFORTUNATELY I get roped into by raising the dumba$$ flag and calling foul, usually to be given some type of pimple popping acronym by an armchair expert still wearing pampers. A lot of even my own opinions are exactly that OPINIONS, but for 20 years i have been selling fords product and thus do feel i have a finger on the pulse in regards to the publics opinion more than most...hell, they just don't sell if people don't like them, customers will be the first to gripe about a perceived weakness, and also the first to toot another manufacturers horn if they feel the need...it is a hostile environment to say the least but gives an interesting perpective...and as DEPRESSING as fords lineup has been ( for too long) i can finally say i see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. And NO backwards baseball cap wearing pimple popping,pubescent in skid marked un-washed tighty whiteys with a schlitz in his non typing, with a mouth full of Doritos will convince me otherwise

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

The Schlitz remark..... now that was a low blow.

I bought Schlitz once. It was like, you know how you can buy flavored water? It was like beer flavored water.

point I was making is it must be good because its CHEAP, damn awful, BUT serves its purpose well so it MUST be fantastic!...sound familiar? parrallels certain threads here......LOL! ( now THERES a low blow, probably subtle to the few i'm pokin fun at/ calling out )

Have they even bothered to make a TV commercial for the current Taurus?

Yup...it's has been included in the last few MP3s for MPGs TV ads I've seen. :reading:

I just love what I am reading from the cheerleaders on here....The amighty God's gift to the large car market, the so-called "Safest Car in America", is a sales flop...and instead of going away, it's getting ANOTHER restyle in barely FIVE years time.....yet the cheerleaders snicker at the notion of A restyle for the first time this millenium for the only OTHER fullsize sedan offering Ford has who's name must go unmentioned on here since BON has blacklisted it along with the Ford sales team for the last decade, which CONTINUES to rival/outsell the Taurus and shame the Sable month to month on sales despite one of the two "un-named" nameplates being forced to fleet sales only.

So when/if the Taurus flops after this next 2009 restyle....should we all giggle and clap when Ford restyles it yet again 2011-2012? What a load of bigpoop.gif.

Edited by Armada Master

It's all office politics - Ford will dump more money down that black hole because it is their black hole. They who are responsible for product planning gain nothing professionally by maintaining competitiveness for a product designed by previous management, regardless of what is good for the company as a whole.

It is an example of why Ford is in such trouble, and why in 5 years Ford North America will be selling nothing but knockoffs of other people's designs - not that they are very far from that today.

Yup...it's has been included in the last few MP3s for MPGs TV ads I've seen. :reading:

I just love what I am reading from the cheerleaders on here....The amighty God's gift to the large car market, the so-called "Safest Car in America", is a sales flop...and instead of going away, it's getting ANOTHER restyle in barely FIVE years time.....yet the cheerleaders snicker at the notion of A restyle for the first time this millenium for the only OTHER fullsize sedan offering Ford has who's name must go unmentioned on here since BON has blacklisted it along with the Ford sales team for the last decade, which CONTINUES to rival/outsell the Taurus and shame the Sable month to month on sales despite one of the two "un-named" nameplates being forced to fleet sales only.

So when/if the Taurus flops after this next 2009 restyle....should we all giggle and clap when Ford restyles it yet again 2011-2012? What a load of bigpoop.gif.

What leads you to believe it is a restyle?