New Taurus in "the next year or two" ?

theoldwizard

from WSJ

Ford's CEO also said a new Taurus sedan is in the process of being redesigned that the company hopes will be better received than the current model. The new model, which could come in the next year or two, is "the one we should've built originally," Mr. Mulally said during a speech at the auto conference here.

Likely for 2010MY. Could it be EUCD based ?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.autosavant.net/2008/01/new-taur...-next-year.html

not sure exactly, but definitely not EUCD

There is a good chance we will see this car in Chicago in three weeks !!

Igor

Sounds good, I'm really excited to see this new Taurus, especially if we will get to see it so soon.

In your article there, you mentioned a full 3.5L Hybrid powertrain. I hadn't heard of this before. Aren't the current Ford hybrids based of the 2.5 or thereabout? What type of mileage would you expect from a 3.5 Hybrid, if Taurus already gets 28 mpgs with the normal 3.5? I'd expect it'd be either at or over 30 mpgs.

Sounds good, I'm really excited to see this new Taurus, especially if we will get to see it so soon.

In your article there, you mentioned a full 3.5L Hybrid powertrain. I hadn't heard of this before. Aren't the current Ford hybrids based of the 2.5 or thereabout? What type of mileage would you expect from a 3.5 Hybrid, if Taurus already gets 28 mpgs with the normal 3.5? I'd expect it'd be either at or over 30 mpgs.

igor would know more but, dont know the mpg ratings but the new version of the hybrid system is very flexible, and the 3.5 was designed with the hybrid in mind, there was rumors last year the the first application of the 3.5l hybrid would be in the edge

igor would know more but, dont know the mpg ratings but the new version of the hybrid system is very flexible, and the 3.5 was designed with the hybrid in mind, there was rumors last year the the first application of the 3.5l hybrid would be in the edge

Either way, it sounds very promising.

Yet again the panther gets talked about in another thread that doesnt belong in :rolleyes:

Could there be a topic on BOF without at least one of the following?:

-Panther being brought up

-fight between Pscario/Richard

-fight between others (tommy, Ford LOL, other members)

-many more.....

Is the Flex based on D32 also ?

Will the Taurus X move to D32 ?

Anything more specific on D3 vs D32 (wheelbase, width, weight, etc) other than "smoother, stronger, and more responsive"

I'm not sure, but I wanna say that Flex is D3, but it very well could be put on the D32 chassis.

Taurus X may likely die after Explorer debuts, and if you mean until then, I don't know.

I'm not sure, but I wanna say that Flex is D3, but it very well could be put on the D32 chassis.

Taurus X may likely die after Explorer debuts, and if you mean until then, I don't know.

I think sales of the Flex will determine the final fate of the Taurus X

My money is on the Flex being D32 because it's been rumored to get the Ecoboost (35 or 20), and if Flex and MKS are both on the D32, might as well switch the Taurus over as well to allow flexible production capabilities.

Should be no point in the Taurus X when explorer comes around, but I agree with you the Flex could kill it as well.

http://www.autosavant.net/2008/01/new-taur...-next-year.html

not sure exactly, but definitely not EUCD

There is a good chance we will see this car in Chicago in three weeks !!

Igor

Are you guessing we might....or has there been rumors of it appearing at Chicago? I mean I understand it has to be sometime soon since its coming next year, but just wondering if Chicago is a sure thing.

Are you guessing we might....or has there been rumors of it appearing at Chicago? I mean I understand it has to be sometime soon since its coming next year, but just wondering if Chicago is a sure thing.

it was mentioned by blue II on these forums

Igor