production 2009 Ford Fiesta (Verve) pics

range

FORD CONFIRMS FIESTA AS GLOBAL NAME FOR SMALL CAR

Ford’s new-generation global small car to be previewed at 2008 Geneva Motor Show. Its worldwide name is confirmed – Ford Fiesta.

New Fiesta is the first product of Ford’s new global product development process, with versions due for launch also in Asia and North America between 2008 and 2010.

European production of new Fiesta begins in fall 2008.

GALLERY LINK

09_fiesta_3dr_1280_3.jpg

Edited by range

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FORD CONFIRMS FIESTA AS GLOBAL NAME FOR SMALL CAR

Ford’s new-generation global small car to be previewed at 2008 Geneva Motor Show. Its worldwide name is confirmed – Ford Fiesta.

New Fiesta is the first product of Ford’s new global product development process, with versions due for launch also in Asia and North America between 2008 and 2010.

European production of new Fiesta begins in fall 2008.

GALLERY LINK

IMO this car CANNOT come fast enough.

Autoblog says:

"US fans probably shouldn't get too attached to the 3-door hatchback shown above, though, as it's all but certain that we'll be getting a four-door sedan instead."

Is that right, or misinformation on their part? I thought we'd get both the sedan and the hatch.

AB

Edited by richardmayo

LOVE IT...did notice the trapezoidal Foglights have been altered to round, and I know tghis is the Euro version so i am wondering if our version will get the tri-bar interpretation shown on the Chicago concept....and IMO WHEELS will be HUGE on this car...without som wheel bling it may look a LOT more pedestrian....

happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Well they got the first part right, the only people that don't like the name are old farts who were actually driving back when Ford sold a Fiesta here that drive Lincoln Town cars now..

Let's hope they don't make us wait until 2010 for this car, and that they give us the choice of getting the hatch, no hatch = no interest for many people.

And that's the best B-car interior I've seen, looks just like the concept, I wonder if our version will be stripped and cheapened?? Don't do it Ford..

Autoblog says:

"US fans probably shouldn't get too attached to the 3-door hatchback shown above, though, as it's all but certain that we'll be getting a four-door sedan instead."

Is that right, or misinformation on their part? I thought we'd get both the sedan and the hatch.

AB

Hasn't been settled yet. We'll get the sedan for sure, hatch is still a maybe. Depends on production decisions, whether they bring the Ka over or not, etc.

Eww, Fiesta? There's something to be said for globalizing Ford but the limit should come at trading a great, young-sounding concept name for one whose only connection in the US will be to the Festiva. I hope the Fusion doesn't turn into the Mondeo come 2011.

Car looks fantastic, though. Can't wait to see the production sedan, which is the only B or C sedan I've ever found attractive.

Eww, Fiesta? There's something to be said for globalizing Ford but the limit should come at trading a great, young-sounding concept name for one whose only connection in the US will be to the Festiva.

Guess your not old enough to remember the Ford Fiesta sold in the US from 1978 till 1980 (or 82?)

My Dad had a 79 Fiesta that ran like top...I think after the car finally gave up the ghost (my sister's first car then her friend bought it off her) it was well over 200K on it.

The color they picked out isn't very complementary...but otherwise looks pretty good..even the interior looks great. Just hope it doesn't get too water-down in its US guise.

If the car's good, the name won't matter. They could call it the Ford Fart and it wouldn't matter if it was the best in class. Toyota calls their trucks TuRD's, they put it right on the quarter panels, yet they still sell a bunch...

Hes just xenophobic to anything that's Mexican...

Just like the Taurus right?

That's a great example. Not a great name, but when the 86 Taurus came out, it was a class leader, sold very well and is credited for "saving" Ford. But, they put the Taurus name a good car with a great chassis & drivetrain and boring looks, and it doesn't do well. When the next Taurus comes out, the one that's supposed to look real good, it if it sell s well, it will be because of the car, not the name.

Speaking of the Taurus, my brother & his wife bought a brand new Taurus form Tousley Ford in 1986. Is Tousley Ford still around?

No matter what name, there is always someone who will not like it. Big deal.

They were best to stick with name that sells well in Europe, anyway.

Also, problem with hatchbacks is too many yuppie bitches go 'eww' at them so we get SUVs and 4 doors.

Yea, because SUV's aren't hatchbacks... :finger:

That Edge hatchback sure is selling well!