production 2009 Ford Fiesta (Verve) pics

range

FORD CONFIRMS FIESTA AS GLOBAL NAME FOR SMALL CAR

Ford’s new-generation global small car to be previewed at 2008 Geneva Motor Show. Its worldwide name is confirmed – Ford Fiesta.

New Fiesta is the first product of Ford’s new global product development process, with versions due for launch also in Asia and North America between 2008 and 2010.

European production of new Fiesta begins in fall 2008.

GALLERY LINK

09_fiesta_3dr_1280_3.jpg

This car is amazing.

Executed perfectly, by far the best looking b-segment car inside and outside that will be on the market. THIS IS HOW THEY NEED TO TREAT EVERY PRODUCT

The interior is gorgeous, people hate one people who think the focus interior is shit, the focus interior is shit, this is how to design an interior for a lower end vehicle, the tectonics, the juxtaposition of components adds depth, texture and insight to the interior design, the focus interior is a seas of shitty plastic lacking solid tectonics.

GOOD JOB FORD

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great example. Not a great name, but when the 86 Taurus came out, it was a class leader, sold very well and is credited for "saving" Ford. But, they put the Taurus name a good car with a great chassis & drivetrain and boring looks, and it doesn't do well. When the next Taurus comes out, the one that's supposed to look real good, it if it sell s well, it will be because of the car, not the name.

Speaking of the Taurus, my brother & his wife bought a brand new Taurus form Tousley Ford in 1986. Is Tousley Ford still around?

Oh yeah. They are (still) a HUGE dealer. Thats who my grandpa bought his 1989 SHO from. They wanted $15.5 for it. He offered $14.5. They laughed. He said "call me if you want to sell". A week later...he had the car.

Imagine what Honda and Toyota can develop in 1.5 years to combat this.

Honda and Toyota never seem to want to bring out "wow" cars like this. They sell those types of cars in other markets, but their NA offerings always seem to be watered down in comparison.

Look at the new Corolla. It looks like a warmed over old Corolla which looked like a warmed over prior generation Corolla and so on....

Look at the new Accord. Its trying to be everything to everyone to the point where it doesn't even look like a Honda anymore.

In addition, the European Civic hatch is amazing looking but its not offered in NA.

someone please tell me how this B car can have 2 full size gauges in front of the driver and not in the center stack like some?

Obviously there is enough rooom. Ford just proved that.

Is that the excuse Toyota and friends make for putting the guages in the middle? :hysterical:

Any normal car should have them in front of the driver.

LOVE IT...did notice the trapezoidal Foglights have been altered to round, and I know tghis is the Euro version so i am wondering if our version will get the tri-bar interpretation shown on the Chicago concept....and IMO WHEELS will be HUGE on this car...without som wheel bling it may look a LOT more pedestrian....

It's likely that we'll have that grille, or similar to it. Ford has said the design would change slightly for different markets. That grille, IMO, would be the only thing they should change, everything else seems perfect for this b-car.

Eww, Fiesta? There's something to be said for globalizing Ford but the limit should come at trading a great, young-sounding concept name for one whose only connection in the US will be to the Festiva. I hope the Fusion doesn't turn into the Mondeo come 2011.

Car looks fantastic, though. Can't wait to see the production sedan, which is the only B or C sedan I've ever found attractive.

I was wondering that too (what Ford would do w/ Fusion/Mondeo's names). Fusion is already used in Europe and the Mondeo name is already established there. At the same time, while the Mondeo name isn't used here, the Fusion name has gained popularity and as shown w/ the Five Hundred/Taurus and Zephyr/MKZ debacle, changing the name doesn't help sales, and will only confuse customers futher.

I, for one, think the Fusion name should stay for the US, even though Ford wants to globalize it's products.

Also, I think I like the Verve name better as well.

Eww, Fiesta? There's something to be said for globalizing Ford but the limit should come at trading a great, young-sounding concept name for one whose only connection in the US will be to the Festiva. I hope the Fusion doesn't turn into the Mondeo come 2011.

You're an OLDSMOBILE fan, Ford isn't aiming the Verve to soon-to-be grandpas or people who remember what "Festiva" was.

I hope Ford kills the Fusion nameplate, it is definitely beyond repair, most people immediately know "Fusion" = Mediocre car.

Even "Malibu" is worth more these days, that's how bad things got.

Mondeo is a respectable worldwide name due to its two generations in a row of global excellence.

Edited by pcsario

Honda and Toyota never seem to want to bring out "wow" cars like this. They sell those types of cars in other markets, but their NA offerings always seem to be watered down in comparison.

Look at the new Corolla. It looks like a warmed over old Corolla which looked like a warmed over prior generation Corolla and so on....

Look at the new Accord. Its trying to be everything to everyone to the point where it doesn't even look like a Honda anymore.

I agree.

You're an OLDSMOBILE fan.

I hope Ford kills the Fusion nameplate, most people immediately know "Fusion" = Mediocre car.

Mondeo is well known and respectable due to its two generations of global excellence.

No, "Fusion" = mediocre car to Pscario and friends

To many, "Fusion" = a nice good quality midsize sedan.

And when did the "Mondeo" nameplate exist in the US for customers to know what it is? Not everybody is an enthusiast. You go as Joe Schmoe on your local street corner what a "Mondeo" is and he'll likely have no idea.

The EU Fusion name is going away in the future supposedly. Last I heard, Ford was considering a "B-Max" to go with its other offerings.

I don't think the U.S. Fusion name is damaged yet. And after the refresh at the end of the year, it will probably have much more clout. When the Mondeo and Fusion merge in 2011 or 2012, they can continue on separate names.

The EU Fusion name is going away in the future supposedly. Last I heard, Ford was considering a "B-Max" to go with its other offerings.

I don't think the U.S. Fusion name is damaged yet. And after the refresh at the end of the year, it will probably have much more clout. When the Mondeo and Fusion merge in 2011 or 2012, they can continue on separate names.

I've heard the B-Max rumor as well, I think.

I agree w/ you about the US Fusion name comment.

No, "Fusion" = mediocre car to Pscario and friends

To many, "Fusion" = a nice good quality midsize sedan.

And when did the "Mondeo" nameplate exist in the US for customers to know what it is? Not everybody is an enthusiast. You go as Joe Schmoe on your local street corner what a "Mondeo" is and he'll likely have no idea.

It's a tainted name.

If it wasn't associated with mediocrity, Ford dealers could easily sell more than barely 3 a month on average.

The 500 sold better than the new Taurus. 'Nuff said, and that's stronger than "Fusion".

The sooner FNA adopts the nameplates of winning products, the better we'll be.

Hasn't been settled yet (whether NA will bet 3 door hatch). We'll get the sedan for sure, hatch is still a maybe. Depends on production decisions, whether they bring the Ka over or not, etc.

I've never heard anything about Ka coming to the US.

I would seriously consider buying one with a hatch. Sedan would not be useful to me. No small friends or children.

The old Fiesta was a Mazda... It was an excellent car that got 40MPG+ A co-worker and I commuted to work in it for more than 4 years. When he sold it, it had 183K miles with only tires, brakes and oil changes done to it.

Anyway... The Italian girls know what they want.... :happy feet:

Edited by mettech

It's a tainted name.

If it wasn't associated with mediocrity, Ford dealers could easily sell more than barely 3 a month on average.

The 500 sold better than the new Taurus. 'Nuff said, and that's stronger than "Fusion".

The sooner FNA adopts the nameplates of winning products, the better we'll be.

Look, your an idiot and I really don't want to argue with you...so I won't.