Ford "F"-en Problem

ANTAUS

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fiesta name wasn't rekindled in the U.S. in hope that someone would remember the Fiestas of old and buy a new one. The name wasn't chosen because it is an "F" name. The name was chosen because that is what the Fiesta has been called in Europe for 30 years now, and there was no sense creating another name split on a name that probably plays well in the U.S. Yes, Verve was a somewhat cool name, but our B-car didn't end up just to rekindle long-lost love and continue an F-theme.

Fiesta has used on Fords from 1977 to 2008. So every 0 to 100 year old in Europe and most of the rest of the world where the Fiesta already sells are already well aware of the Fiesta name. Name's don't bother me to much as long as they sell well and don't cause a problem that might stop buyers buying because it offends them. We didnot sell to many Triumph Spitfires to the Germans, how well did the Mustang sell in Japan?

Some double barrel names are a bit over the top like the Skoda Superb, but Ford wants one name for its small global car l think don't have a problem with Fiesta and its already world market leader in its class in 2008 so l don't have a problem with it, l am surprised it offends some Americans. Bring back the Model T all is forgiven.

We don't like old 2007 car names that no 20 year old can remember, it will never be a hit?

Sales of small B cars in Europe 2007

top10models_segmentsq3_2007.jpg

South American top 10 best selling cars up to Sep 2007 Fiesta, 20 year olds have never heard of it there?

Ford needs a nice modern name like the Fusion to crack the market here maybe?

topmodels_southamericaq3_2007.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

As a 25 yo from DC, I would not buy a Fiesta. Why? It's called a Fiesta, it sounds like a stupid name, and would keep me from it. Really they had better try to appeal to the American Youth in some way. Just because the name works in Eruo, does not men it'll work here.

As a 25 yo from DC, I would not buy a Fiesta. Why? It's called a Fiesta, it sounds like a stupid name, and would keep me from it. Really they had better try to appeal to the American Youth in some way. Just because the name works in Eruo, does not men it'll work here.

How about a more sophisticated mane selection to help the brand image regardless of what letter the name starts with. How about the Cypher, Xpress, Commuter, Echelon, Sophis, Status, or something like that!

Well buy a Fusion then if a name is all important to you, let the Fiesta crack the market it will.

How about a more sophisticated mane selection to help the brand image regardless of what letter the name starts with. How about the Cypher, Xpress, Commuter, Echelon, Sophis, Status, or something like that!

I agree. I think stupid names can hurt a car, badly. Think about telling someone you drive a Fiesta? I'd laugh a that, really I would. I think the Verve was fine, edgy but realistic.

I agree. I think stupid names can hurt a car, badly. Think about telling someone you drive a Fiesta? I'd laugh a that, really I would. I think the Verve was fine, edgy but realistic.

Maybe there were folk like you that said the Camry was a bad name that would never sell, when it first entered the States? But the Camry has now sold 10 million worldwide.

But the name Camry name is not as popular as the Fiesta because Ford have already sold 12 million examples to folk that liked the Fiesta name you might just be in the minority here, how many Fusions have Ford shifted just interested?

12 Million folk don't like the name Fiesta?

http://www.autoindustry.co.uk/news/15-02-08_8

To quote Lionel Richie:

We're going to (Parti'), Oh

(Karamu'), Yeah (Fiesta) forever

Come on and sing along

We're going to (Parti'), OOH

(Karamu'), Yeah (Fiesta) forever

Come on and sing my song

Sorry, thinking about the car, the song popped into my mind.....MAKE IT STOP!!!

:happy feet: :hysterical::finger::stop:

Names don't matter to people buying cars, they matter to people who market the vehicles. Someone decided that Fiesta was a better and easier name to market than Verve. I personally hate the Verve name. That said, when I buy a new car, I'll take a look, regardless of the name. Name is not on my list of important attributes.

Maybe there were folk like you that said the Camry was a bad name that would never sell, when it first entered the States? But the Camry has now sold 10 million worldwide.

But the name Camry name is not as popular as the Fiesta because Ford have already sold 12 million examples to folk that liked the Fiesta name you might just be in the minority here, how many Fusions have Ford shifted just interested?

12 Million folk don't like the name Fiesta?

http://www.autoindustry.co.uk/news/15-02-08_8

This is America, and as a Hispanic, I think it's a dumb name, plus I lived in an area that Ford should try to win back. Why not take my opinion into consideration? Besides my tastes are not the same as Europeans. Why assume it will cross over easily. Besides a name can be changed easily, so why even do it? Don't defend stupidity.

Calling the car Fiesta makes sense. Ford wants to get out of the habit of changing car names every generation. It also wants to use the same names worldwide. Toyota and Honda don't change names when they redesign a car. Besides, its competitors all have worse names - Fit, Yaris, Aveo.

This is America, and as a Hispanic, I think it's a dumb name, plus I lived in an area that Ford should try to win back. Why not take my opinion into consideration? Besides my tastes are not the same as Europeans. Why assume it will cross over easily. Besides a name can be changed easily, so why even do it? Don't defend stupidity.

Maybe if you ask the Fiesta salesman nicely he will get Ford to leave the Fiesta name off the car, and stick the name VERVE on the boot for you if it makes you happy. :hyper:

The Fiesta name wasn't rekindled in the U.S. in hope that someone would remember the Fiestas of old and buy a new one. The name wasn't chosen because it is an "F" name. The name was chosen because that is what the Fiesta has been called in Europe for 30 years now, and there was no sense creating another name split on a name that probably plays well in the U.S. Yes, Verve was a somewhat cool name, but our B-car didn't end up just to rekindle long-lost love and continue an F-theme.

Excactly, we are just following the lead of the rest of the world, which has had the Fiesta for the past 30 years or so...

They should bring back Probe. When I think Fiesta it's those econo boxes that were sold here in the late 70's or early 80's.

Besides the name Probe is a great icebreaker at parties. "Hey baby, wanna come outside and check out my probe?" :hysterical:

I expect you then tell them your "The worlds fastest Indian".

01_Main_Left.jpg

They should bring back Probe. When I think Fiesta it's those econo boxes that were sold here in the late 70's or early 80's.

Besides the name Probe is a great icebreaker at parties. "Hey baby, wanna come outside and check out my probe?" :hysterical:

You're complaining about Fiesta and you want them to revive PROBE?

I've never been happier that Ford's marketing department has a new manager. :hysterical:

Fiesta is a fine name, Verve sounds like a womens magazine, people buy Japanese cars with horrible names, the name is a good one.