Ford "F"-en Problem

ANTAUS

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As was mentioned, Fiesta has been used consistently in Europe for decades. Why would Ford want to drop that brand equity like they (almost) did with the Taurus?

I don't understand the author's complaints that this name somehow doesn't fit the "One Ford" edict.

Welcome back Ford Fiesta!

78fordfiestahatchback.jpg

As a 25 yo from DC, I would not buy a Fiesta. Why? It's called a Fiesta, it sounds like a stupid name, and would keep me from it. Really they had better try to appeal to the American Youth in some way. Just because the name works in Eruo, does not men it'll work here.

Fit, Aveo and Yaris are somehow cool?

if the name keeps you from buying a segment leading car, you are a fool

When I saw that Ford was dredging the Falcon up from the past, I remembered the blue Falcon station wagon my aunt had and what a turkey that car was.

I guess you had to be there.

along those lines I remember my parents' 76 T-bird.

big bloated tank. so heavy and with first gen emissions it couldn't get out of its own way

addendum: let's talk Continental. Some want that name resurrected on a flagship. I remember it as a front driven V6 Taurus.

Edited by J-150

When I saw that Ford was dredging the Falcon up from the past, I remembered the blue Falcon station wagon my aunt had and what a turkey that car was.

My mother had a Falcon. It was a good car.

Did you know that the Falcon was originally marked for the Edsel Division until they pulled the plug on it?

My mother had a Falcon. It was a good car.

Did you know that the Falcon was originally marked for the Edsel Division until they pulled the plug on it?

Not the Falcon. It was the Comet that was to be an Edsel. There was an article in Collectible Automobile last year that had the whole Comet story. The '60 Comet had tail lights similar to the '60 Edsel and the "E" in the comet name was the same style as the Edsel. The article had some great drawings of the Comet in Edsel trim.

The Falcon was introduced in late '59 and the Comet in early '60. The first car I can remember was my dad's '60 Comet 2 door.

Not the Falcon. It was the Comet that was to be an Edsel. There was an article in Collectible Automobile last year that had the whole Comet story. The '60 Comet had tail lights similar to the '60 Edsel and the "E" in the comet name was the same style as the Edsel. The article had some great drawings of the Comet in Edsel trim.

The Falcon was introduced in late '59 and the Comet in early '60. The first car I can remember was my dad's '60 Comet 2 door.

Right you are. My bad.

along those lines I remember my parents' 76 T-bird.

big bloated tank. so heavy and with first gen emissions it couldn't get out of its own way

addendum: let's talk Continental. Some want that name resurrected on a flagship. I remember it as a front driven V6 Taurus.

And just like old times...the MKTaurus is that exact car.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

As was mentioned, Fiesta has been used consistently in Europe for decades. Why would Ford want to drop that brand equity like they (almost) did with the Taurus?

I don't understand the author's complaints that this name somehow doesn't fit the "One Ford" edict.

Welcome back Ford Fiesta!

78fordfiestahatchback.jpg

My mom had a fiesta when my parents first met. Eventually, it became my dads "work truck." No joke, he used to tie an extension ladder to the top of it and drive to work... until his company gave him an actual truck.

I was familiar with the story, but seeing that ad with the side shot of the car, elevates the situation to a whole new level of hilarity. IMO