2010 Ford Taurus SHO pic?

mustang84isu

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...just ignore the headlights, hood, and doors.

Triangular headlights up-swept by the grille on the Mitsu, retangualr headlights down-swept by the grille on the Ford.

Mostly flat hood on the Mitsu, Power dome and creases on the Ford.

Sedan doors with a high, tight curve on the Mitsu, Sedan doors with a lower, flatter curve on the Ford.

Yep, identical.

2010_ford_taurus_spy_1.jpg

lan08_pglgprev_ex_2.en-us.jpg

:hysterical:

Hmmm...and they say a picture is worth a 1000 words, but I can spell it all out. Let's see, for starters the matching hood curvitures, the similiarities on the bottom center of the front bumper cover, the doors/handles/height/curviture are dead on, side profile anyone? Do I have mention the angle of the headlamps? :ohsnap:

But ya got me on the grille and the top half of the front bumper cover "pooches" out more on the Taurus, now THAT'S different. How could I have been so blind. Bold Moves for 2010, and you can indeed Drive One....right now.... in 2008! Albiet a smaller, imported one.... at the Mitsu dealership.....oops. :cheerleader: :speedie:

Edited by Armada Master

Hmmm...and they say a picture is worth a 1000 words, but I can spell it all out. Let's see, for starters the matching hood curvitures, the similiarities on the bottom center of the front bumper cover, the doors/handles/height/curviture are dead on, side profile anyone? Do I have mention the angle of the headlamps? :ohsnap: :

The hood curvature on the Mitsu is flat at the back with a barley noticeable curve over the expanse, leading to dramatic dumps on either side of the nose down to the lights. The hood on the Ford has a flat base throughout that's covered in a power dome. The bumper covers have nothing in common other than the fact that they're both covering bumpers, the Center of the Mitsu being almost flat while the Ford has a continuous curve. The doors are nowhere near the same curvature in any dimension and the Ford's greenhouse extends further back. The headlights share no shape or dimension other than being heavily angled on the Mitsu and nearly flat in the same dimension on the Ford. The door handles look similar, you got me there. I guess Ford should use iron spikes.

Comparing it to the Lancer is a big stretch....

But I honestly don't feel that comparing it to the Sonata is. Of coarse they are not exact but the lines and set is very similar.

Kind of like the early 80's Mustangs and Camaros. Quad sunken headlights, angled top front facia, long hoods, etc. They are a very similar design language, albeit unique. Same here. The Taurus looks 100x better/tougher etc. But all the common features/shapes are there.

The current front ends on the Erge, Fusion etc are more unique to Ford and the industry than this. I just wish Ford would continue to push something more unique but I do like this and would be happy to drive it.

post-25758-1208436140_thumb.jpg

post-25758-1208436148_thumb.jpg

post-25758-1208436164_thumb.jpg

post-25758-1208436176_thumb.jpg

Edited by BigBadBflo

Hmmm...and they say a picture is worth a 1000 words, but I can spell it all out. Let's see, for starters the matching hood curvitures, the similiarities on the bottom center of the front bumper cover, the doors/handles/height/curviture are dead on, side profile anyone? Do I have mention the angle of the headlamps? :ohsnap:

But ya got me on the grille and the top half of the front bumper cover "pooches" out more on the Taurus, now THAT'S different. How could I have been so blind. Bold Moves for 2010, and you can indeed Drive One....right now.... in 2008! Albiet a smaller, imported one.... at the Mitsu dealership.....oops. :cheerleader: :speedie:

Wow. I don't even see how they are close. The Lancer looks more similar to the current Mazda6 than anything else based on the "observations" (I put it in quotes because it doesn't appear you are doing it very well) you have made about its design elements. Let's not even bring into the equation the fact that the Taurus is an entire two size classes larger than the Lancer.

I mean seriously. Are you on drugs? The only thing similar is the angle of the headlights. Even the SHAPE of the headlights isn't the same. Oh, and they both have a crease down the side? Oh my God!! That's a styling queue that ONLY the Lancer uses. Riiiight. The hoods aren't even really close, as others have pointed out. The lower intake? Other than them both being somewhat large, they share nothing in common. Not the shape, not the trim, not anything.

Edited by NickF1011

The design language isn't even close. The Lancer looks like a "Japanesed" Alfa Romeo that had Volvo eyes surgically implanted onto its face.

The 2010 Taurus looks like a European sophisticate. Period.

The goddamn design language is Korean.. As in Hyundai...

When will Ford stop copying imported cars that are yesterday's news that has been out for several years...

Comparing it to the Lancer is a big stretch....

But I honestly don't feel that comparing it to the Sonata is. Of coarse they are not exact but the lines and set is very similar.

I think it's more like the Iosis:

iosis.jpg

Edited by jpd80

I think it's more like the Iosis:

iosis.jpg

I do see some Kinetic similarities of the Taurus with the Iosis in certain places, but the Taurus is missing most of the forms that make the Iosis alluring. Mostly what I see is a very Hyundai front end treatment aroundthe grille and headlamp area. The Taurus greenhouse has that generic anycar styling. The Iosis has a sexy alluring rear quarter panels and side window shapes. The Iosis has more character with the specific headlamp shapes and the nose is consistant with the smoother shapes FoE and FoA are using...

I can understand the American version of Kinetic being milder, it's only natural that you'd want to

coax your existing buyers whilst expanding the pool of people who don't think Ford builds cars for them. The new Ford has to be more inclusive of these people and their preferences for the blandish Asian, unmoving, unoffending style. This will probably be the norm with volume products but cars like

the Mustang will retain heritage styling.

Here's hoping Ford gets the balance right, how much can you tip the scales towards Euro/Japanese

without alienating long standing Ford customers. It's a fine line indeed!

Edited by jpd80

Here's hoping Ford gets the balance right, how much can you tip the scales towards Euro/Japanese

without alienating long standing Ford customers. It's a fine line indeed!

What long standing Ford customers? They all jumped ship years ago. People have bought the Accords and Camry's not because of conservative style but because they felt they were a much less of a gamble in quality, reliability and resale value. I guess the only long standing Ford customers left are the ones who have bought used Tauruses for almost nothing to park in the driveway of the trailer parks they live in. Those are the only people I see still driving them.

I think it would be more appealing to create a Ford that looks like a Ford and nothing else. Ford has managed to eliminate a lot of customer base with their persistant blandness. What reason is there really for a person to choose a Ford over a Toyota or Honda? Maybe Ford will catch a few people trading down from large SUV's. As it is now, it's still the same as every appliance manufacturer slapping their brand badge on the same looking refridgerator.

The 2010 Taurus only brings tears to my eyes from laughing so much about it looks like a Hyundai and not a Ford.

What long standing Ford customers? They all jumped ship years ago. People have bought the Accords and Camry's not because of conservative style but because they felt they were a much less of a gamble in quality, reliability and resale value. I guess the only long standing Ford customers left are the ones who have bought used Tauruses for almost nothing to park in the driveway of the trailer parks they live in. Those are the only people I see still driving them.

There are still long standing Ford customers.

The 2010 Taurus only brings tears to my eyes from laughing so much about it looks like a Hyundai and not a Ford.

By the time it arrives at the dealership, hopefully the tears will have stopped long enough for you to see that it doesn't look like a Hyundai. :)

"What reason is there really for a person to choose a Ford over a Toyota or Honda?"

Lots of reasons, like styling, and technical features like AWD and SYNC.

Flintlocks at 20 paces.

If you look at any car in existance, you can see some part of it, that looks like a part on a different brands car.

Some of you are so busy picking at nits, that you are not looking at the car as a whole............ you know, like the people who will buy one.

Large sedans are not fashion statement cars, unless they are S series Mercedes, Maybach, or Bentley. If you style them too extravagently, you risk alienating one of their customer bases............... the mature driver. Remember that a large sedan is very rarely bought by a 20-something single male. You will find families, and more mature people. Thus, why should they style it like the Fiesta, which is obviously trying to win over the first time car buyer crowd??

I swear, can some of you even fathom that your personal taste does not reflect that of the buying public as a whole?? Just look at the sales success of the 2008 Focus for proof.

(waiting for whitty slam by P........... with bated breath)

Edited by Extreme4x4