Ford Boosting Production of Escape due to High Demand

range

And when the new powertrains arrive in the 2K9's, this should get even better. :)

I agree.

How will they further increase production? Will they just add more overtime or will they add another shift? I know they said they're doing overtime now so they can more easily adjust to market demand, but if sales show that it's a continuing trend, will that justify the addition of another shift?

I agree.

How will they further increase production? Will they just add more overtime or will they add another shift? I know they said they're doing overtime now so they can more easily adjust to market demand, but if sales show that it's a continuing trend, will that justify the addition of another shift?

If the extra production ends up turning into a long-term demand, I think a 3rd shift would likely be in order. I think Ford is going to be very cautious moving foward before finalizing such steps though.

If the extra production ends up turning into a long-term demand, I think a 3rd shift would likely be in order. I think Ford is going to be very cautious moving foward before finalizing such steps though.

Didn't we have two plants building Explorers in thier hey-day? Maybe this is Escape's hay-day.

That's basically what I was asking/saying, if a 3rd shift would be appropriate after a prolonged period of increased sales/demand for the Escape and friends.

That's basically what I was asking/saying, if a 3rd shift would be appropriate after a prolonged period of increased sales/demand for the Escape and friends.

Typical short term thinking, when gas prices go to $6, those Escapes will become like the Explorers, and those employees that just became full time employees have to be paid $75-100K just to get them out the door.

Duh, bad idea

Typical short term thinking, when gas prices go to $6, those Escapes will become like the Explorers, and those employees that just became full time employees have to be paid $75-100K just to get them out the door.

Duh, bad idea

Well I suppose anything with a V-6 is a bad idea in that case. Besides it's not like you can't get a 4 cylinder 6 speed or Hybrid

bu bu bu bu but.....this was supposed to flop hard......I guess the nattering naybombs of negativity will have to go back to the drawing board

styling aside ( not a fan ) the Escapes biggest problem was the 4 speed tranny...is anyone from the Transit Connects development team reading this????????????????

styling aside ( not a fan ) the Escapes biggest problem was the 4 speed tranny...

Is there any styling you like from a Ford product you sell? :P

Anyways, I like the current Escape's styling over the previous gen...at least we didn't get a 2005 Explorer grill on it!

Is there any styling you like from a Ford product you sell? :P

Anyways, I like the current Escape's styling over the previous gen...at least we didn't get a 2005 Explorer grill on it!

yup........F-150 I like, 09 looks good, Supedutys rock, Edge is their most sucessful styling encounter to date, Flex looks terrific, even if they did change the frontfascia too much from the Fairlane concept, 1st focus was excellent ( especially the ZX3 ) Fusion has gone from great to good due to age, verve looks FANTASTIC, then theres the Euro lineup....saw mondeo in the flesh...EXPENSIVE looking classy car...new Kuga ( Euro version of Escape ) looks great....and I see light at the end of the bland styling tunnel.....I just DON"T dig un-necessary lines....I count 6 on the side veiw of the focus, Escape isn't any better...lines for lines sake....the best designs marry simplicity with a natural flow.....hell that sounds like Zen! LOL!

Edited by Deanh

Duh, bad idea

Yeah, because expensive gas will suddenly mean nobody needs a vehicle the size of the Escape. You are seriously deranged. MORE expensive gas would, if anything, INCREASE sales of vehicles the size of the Escape.

Yeah, because expensive gas will suddenly mean nobody needs a vehicle the size of the Escape. You are seriously deranged. MORE expensive gas would, if anything, INCREASE sales of vehicles the size of the Escape.

You are right, the Escape/Mariner is about as small as you can make an "SUV" and still have a little utility left in the mix.

Of course I like the styling, it still looks like an SUV...