Harley Lover

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like it... a lot, actually.

A 5 year old Hyundai, Nick? Really? I don't see it.

I do think that the logo on the front is too big, but overall the design flows very well. Cohesive, especially considering this is just a MCE. The front clip of the current model has gotten a bit staid, but this is sleek. Well done. This could be a good indication of the Mercury refinement of the Kinetic design language.

In spite of the fact that the doors are carryover from the current model it doesn't look like a car that just had the front clip and rear end changed (ala Expedition). It looks as if it was a cohesive design from the beginning. Appears to have a more sporty stance ala BMW. I give it two thumbs up. And with the improvements under the hood it, along with the Fusion, seems to me to have a very good chance at picking up marketshare in the mid-size category. Not to mention at higher transaction prices. The Malibu with it's dated nose is already hurting based on the recent fleet dumping by GM.

This car with it's higher quality ratings, better grade interior, better MPG ratings could lure some Accord buyers over if Ford would put it in their face with direct mailings and introduction events. Not to mention the hybrid offering that no longer exists for the Accord.

I have always felt Mercury would be the perfect brand to push on Honda buyers.

Edited by jobu37

A 5 year old Hyundai, Nick? Really? I don't see it.

Well, it's not that it reminds me of a specific Hyundai, but it reminds me of the last generation of Hyundai (and Kia) vehicles that seemed to always get the proportions all wrong (think XG350 or Amanti). The headlights look far too small compared to the grille. There are weird open spaces on the front and rear fascias that are void of any character. It just doesn't look very cohesive to me.

Don't you people think that all these new cars are designed to confuse people into buying something they thought they intended to buy but settled on something else instead?

Seriously... ALL THESE NEW CARS NOWADAYS LOOK LIKE SHIT AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED!

Eh, not all of them. I'm certainly not inspired by what I see of this one so far though.

Edited by NickF1011

I like it.

It's a band of bling across the top of the grill.....not a BIG DEAL. Better done than the Acura chromey grill. Not a very good pic either, the second one is better (the white car).

Pretty close to what I chopped earlier (the blue one) and I only realized the tiara grill last week (gray).

post-19198-1225305192_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1225305205_thumb.jpg