accord wagon err crossover

blazerdude20

Not too shabby at all! Still not a fan of the new Honda corporate grille, but it has pretty good proportions for a "wagon".

Not really sure where this fits into the lineup though -- I'm assuming between the Pilot and CR-V, but is there really any room there?

Edited by NickF1011

Not too shabby at all! Still not a fan of the new Honda corporate grille, but it has pretty good proportions for a "wagon".

Not really sure where this fits into the lineup though -- I'm assuming between the Pilot and CR-V, but is there really any room there?

im thinking the elements days are numbered.

Hey, if we found room for the Edge between the Escape and Explorer... :shades:

I'd buy that...however, that Accord front end is cobbled on (look closely at the spy shots). I'm thinking mule based on Accord rather then full fledged Accord wagon (side styling differs as well).

Edit: Duh...the article says the same thing. :)

Edited by Intrepidatious

I'd buy that...however, that Accord front end is cobbled on (look closely at the spy shots). I'm thinking mule based on Accord rather then full fledged Accord wagon (side styling differs as well).

Edit: Duh...the article says the same thing. :)

I agree with you. I think the article is wrong about one thing, though: that front end is probably not finalized. It's just a bog-standard US Accord front clip. Considering that and the ill-fitting, modified Euro Accord Tourer body, along with the taped-on flares, the final vehicle may look nothing like this. I'd guess this is about as accurate as the Explorer mule from a couple weeks ago, albeit this is a better cob-job than that was.

IMO, this is a drivetrain mule. As far as a late-2009 production, I doubt it. It's probably going to be a 2011 model, at the earliest.

Not bad, especially the rear...

I actually don't mind it at all....my only complaint is I'd hope the plastic on the rear bumper would extend lower to cover up some of the mechanical bits that can currently be seen.....I'm sure that'll be fixed for production though.

And as the article says, I'd think it's a sort of Venza competitor.

EDIT:

I hate those exhaust pipes.....if they're going to use oval shapes, why can't they make them completely empty instead of seeing the circular pipe area and then some other metal next to it to create the oval shape?

Edited by rmc523

I think it's fugly. Hopefully the final product will be better. If they are putting some effort into this, I would hope they finally have all their interior buttons lite-up, thats my biggest pet peeve. I feel like Helen Keller feeling around for window switches at night.

I think it's fugly. Hopefully the final product will be better. If they are putting some effort into this, I would hope they finally have all their interior buttons lite-up, thats my biggest pet peeve. I feel like Helen Keller feeling around for window switches at night.

As I said above, the final version might be a bit different. The facts that they had to stretch the Tourer's body to fit the wheelbase, and that it's still several inches too narrow (large wheel flares are definitely not a Honda styling theme - neither is silver tape) leads me to believe that there's another body to fit this suspension. It reminds me of the Freestyle-based Flex mule.

And LLN sources be damned. This could just be a mule for the next Pilot.

Honda finally has their Dodge Magnum competitor... :ohsnap:

Was thinking the same thing. Maybe a Mini-Me Magnum.

Otherwise it looks okay, nothing special in its current form. Very bland and basic like most Hondas in my opinion.

Edited by V8-X

My daughter would seriously consider it if it's made in Ohio. We only buy American made vehicles. That eliminates Fusion, Milan, and MKZ unfortunately. At least my wife's Mustang was made in Michigan.

Well, my American-made Mazda6 looks like it's probably getting close to puking something out the tailpipe. Maybe I'll have more luck with the Mexican-built version next time around.

My daughter would seriously consider it if it's made in Ohio. We only buy American made vehicles. That eliminates Fusion, Milan, and MKZ unfortunately. At least my wife's Mustang was made in Michigan.

It is my opinion (and I know you don't have to agree with this) that given that we have NAFTA, the three North American nations are even more of a single economy before. Buying a Mexican-made car, therefore, helps the American economy as well.