Did you ever buy a new Ford/Mercury/Lincoln product?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New:

1999 Ranger 3.0L XLT 4x4

1999RangerWeb.jpg

2002 F150 5.4L Lariat 4x4

Web02.jpg

2006 F150 5.4L XLT 4x4

Web3.jpg

Used:

1980 F150 4.9L XLT Rcab SB 4x4

1985 Ranger 2.8L XLT Rcab LB 4x4

1999 Explorer 5.0 Limited AWD (worst Ford I've owned)

Edited by V8-X

I like that color combo, very nice. How do you like it? Does have good power? Comfortable? Handling? Ride? Etc?

Thanks, I absolutely love it. Comfort and ride are top notch....quality is right up there, although I have had a few very minor things happen (chrome foglight surround came off - popped back on though - and a couple other things). Handling - I suppose it handles well, although I haven't really tried to make it handle like anything but what it is. Power - for normal everyday driving it's fine, but stomping on it, I guess you could say leaves something to be desired. It does accelerate well, but there could definitely be more there IMO (that's where EB comes in next year :D ). On the power front, though, I guess you could say I'm not the best indicator - look at my sig - we have a 335i (300 hp sportscar that I was driving daily) and my dad's supercharged truck (500+ hp), so I'm more used to having a faster/more powerful car than your average Flex buyer. But as I said above, I'm sure EcoBoost will solve this problem.

post-28332-1230664198_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1230664209_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1230664248_thumb.jpg

My 99 F-150, 2005 Escape, and 06 F-150 were all purchased new.

sure..tons of f150's which ran great for years...last new one i had which was an 86 f150 had over 300k miles when i traded it off for my dodge ram...every amrican built passenger car i have had was a piece of shit and cost me dearly in the repair shop..interestingly every american truck ive owned had been generally trouble free with costs only associated with general maintenance issues...alas...big 3 cannot build a decent car that aint a piece of shit..other then a stang no american car will ever be bought by myself again and i gave those bastards in detroit many chances with their cars

sure..tons of f150's which ran great for years...last new one i had which was an 86 f150 had over 300k miles when i traded it off for my dodge ram...every amrican built passenger car i have had was a piece of shit and cost me dearly in the repair shop..interestingly every american truck ive owned had been generally trouble free with costs only associated with general maintenance issues...alas...big 3 cannot build a decent car that aint a piece of shit..other then a stang no american car will ever be bought by myself again and i gave those bastards in detroit many chances with their cars

hey stoopid.....err, I mean snooter.....go post this in mlhm5's forum, simple question was asked....

Not too hard to follow along now is it? Go whine elsewhere.

If so please post up what model and a picture, thanks!

Current stable:

2007 GT500 (1st month of production)

2009 Escape Hybrid Limited FWD 32mpg!

2005 Honda Goldwing

2008 Can-Am Spyder

New:

1986 Mustang GT T-Top in Jalopanio red

1991 Mustang Saleen Supercharged in Oxford white (still have)

1995 Bronco Eddie Bauer 351 W in dark red/tan

2005 F-150 FX4 Extra cab with 5.4L in dark metalic blue

2006 Ranger XLT extra cab 4x4 with 4.0 (current driver)

Used:

1987 Bronco II, custom painted 92 Ford Ranger blue, swapped out 2.9 w/302 from 91 Stang, 4" Lift

1988 Mustang GT in dark red

1992 F-250 351W reg cab 7 1/2' snowplow

1993 Cobra black on black (still have)

1996 P71_Crown Vic undercover car in silver

2003 Taurus in white (my girls driver)

PA290582.jpg

MVC-009S0.jpg

MVC-025S.jpg

saleenbronco.jpg

I may as well post. These are cars my family and me have bought new.

67 Galaxy 500 with a 390

72 Ltd with a 400 (this was a damn good car as I drove it to 150K and sold it to my uncle who drove it to over 200K and then hit so many deer it was trashed finally) No major repairs.

79 Mercury Capri with a 200 I6(burned a quart of oil every 700 miles. Ford said that was ok) Fords didnt get bought for a long time after that.

78 F150 with a 351M

03 Ford Mustang v6 (good car and still in service with no issues)

03 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (good car with no issues and still in service)

06 Ford Mustang GT vert (still in service and only a dead battery to date which Ford replaced and took care of) It was a fluke I think.

There were some used ones in there and quite a few GM and Toyotas. The yotas have been dead nuts reliable I have to say. My parents have an 03 4 runner now that has been dead nuts perfect. They have not even replaced the battery yet. Its six years old this month. I dont think that yota is as good as they once were and that one was built in Japan.

I have owned three s10 trucks and they are put together with glue. I have had 4 bangers and v6 models and they are nothing to write home about. The engines are pretty good especially the 4.3. I still have a 96 sonoma with a 4.3. Its ok I guess and the extra torque is nice if you have to tow. ON its best day it will get 24 mpg with 3.42 gears. That is under perfect conditions.

I sure wish Ford would revive the F100. I hate the colorado and dont like the tacoma either.