Ordered a new SHO

I am officially in. I ordered our new SHO today.

Ingot Silver with Black Leather

Pkg 402A

20" Wheels

Multi Contour Active Seats.

Orders can be submitted but no dates yet.

Needless to say I am pretty excited about being a future SHO owner.

Here is an early "thanks" to any of you that might be putting my car together.

Pkg 402A

20" Wheels

its me..........MOOOHOOOOHAHAHAHA. Hmmm, whats with the extra 14 bolts left over....

Pkg 402A

20" Wheels

Congrats!

You..uh....live in Texas, right? Can I drive it when you get it???? :lol:

And you have to take each of us for a ride! :)

Has anyone heard anything regarding the AWD torque biasing? Just wondering if they have put any RWD bias in the system. I suspect during wheel spin, a certain amount of torque could be applied to the slipping wheel, but I wonder if during a spirited launch a certain amount of torque would be sent to the rear wheels, say 60%? Also, I didn't see any mention of limited slip differentials? Thx.

I feel your pain. My wife likes the look of the Flex and she preferred it but this car satisfies both of us.

boy that is a coin toss, but the flex I am guessing will demand more coin...but what a FUNCTIONAL vehicle....I heard the flex's HP may be around 400hp....

boy that is a coin toss, but the flex I am guessing will demand more coin...but what a FUNCTIONAL vehicle....I heard the flex's HP may be around 400hp....

Wow- 400 for the Flex might make that decision even more difficult. I am a pretty big fan of the Flex but the SHO is the way to go for me.

Has anyone heard anything regarding the AWD torque biasing? Just wondering if they have put any RWD bias in the system. I suspect during wheel spin, a certain amount of torque could be applied to the slipping wheel, but I wonder if during a spirited launch a certain amount of torque would be sent to the rear wheels, say 60%? Also, I didn't see any mention of limited slip differentials? Thx.

Taurus system is completely electronic. There is no center diff. Just an electronically controlled clutch pack.

When the computer anticipates wheelspin, it proactively engages the AWD mechanism.

I believe, on the Fusion, the system will transfer 60% of available torque to the rear wheels under 'heavy' acceleration.

I would anticipate similar behavior from the Taurus SHO.

The system operates in 100% FWD mode by default, but can shift torque rearward in 10% increments up to 100%, if necessary.

Edited by RichardJensen

WOW! I didn't think the tranny could handle that though?

I'm really excited to see what the ecoboost will do in an F150 or Mustang. I never thought I'd buy a V6 gas F150, but my next one just may be. I'll have to see how it does on fuel economy and towing ~6000 lbs.

Wow- 400 for the Flex might make that decision even more difficult. I am a pretty big fan of the Flex but the SHO is the way to go for me.

Flex EB has 355 hp, while Taurus SHO/EB has 365 hp.

WOW! I didn't think the tranny could handle that though?

I'm really excited to see what the ecoboost will do in an F150 or Mustang. I never thought I'd buy a V6 gas F150, but my next one just may be. I'll have to see how it does on fuel economy and towing ~6000 lbs.

Ford developed/imporoved the current 3.5 tranny to account for the higher hp.....there's a thread around here somewhere about it.