Ford details how EcoBoost will be more powerful, eco-friendly than competition

It'd also be pretty nice in a Focus, an Escape, an Edge, .... :shades:

Or with that torque curve, a base F150.

In 2010, the same engine will be available in the F-150 pickup as lower consumption alternative to the 5.4-liter V8 while offering comparable or better performance and an 11,000 pound towing capacity. Ford says the V6 should be able to achieve up 20 percent better fuel efficiency than the larger V8.

Doesn't appear it will hurt towing capacity any as some have been concerned about.

And 20% better than the 5.4 = 21.6 MPG for the 4x4 SuperCrew. Pretty impressive numbers for such a large, capable vehicle.

SFE n/a with 4X4, and ONLY avail w 4.6.....also unavail w max trailer tow, has a 3.15 axle ratio..

Zactly...the SFE is neutered.

At least for my needs anyway...I need to tow ~6500 lbs and need 4x4.

The SFE is still plenty capable, just doesn't fit the needs of many who tow or need 4x4. The EB is the best of both worlds.

Zactly...the SFE is neutered.

At least for my needs anyway...I need to tow ~6500 lbs and need 4x4.

The SFE is still plenty capable, just doesn't fit the needs of many who tow or need 4x4. The EB is the best of both worlds.

std cab RWD eco 3.5....poor mans Lightning?.....

The 2.0L EB having only 10 to 15 percent better fuel economy than a 3.0L V6 isn't so impressive.

So same or better HP/TQ and 10-15% better economy isn't impressive? I know if someone waved a magic wand over our Lincoln LS and it suddenly got 10-15% better MPG with no penalty in HP, I'd be ecstatic.

Odd, seems Ford accidentaly forgot to include the G8's V8 in that chart, someone should send them an email or something. :(

Want a G8 GT? We've had 5 all winter. Hopefully we're done with snow so someone might buy one. At least I won't have to listen to the Sales Manager bitch about how worthless they are when they have to move them to plow the lot! What a selling point. :hysterical:

Want a G8 GT? We've had 5 all winter. Hopefully we're done with snow so someone might buy one. At least I won't have to listen to the Sales Manager bitch about how worthless they are when they have to move them to plow the lot! What a selling point. :hysterical:

I've heard this elsewhere about the G8 GT as well. Is it really that bad or just the tires? I drove a '08 Stang GT in snow last year for an evening and it was horrible to me also.