Mustang Wins!

Guy I knew years ago had a Beretta. It never needed an oil change. Just add a quart every couple hundred miles. The old oil would just leak out or burn off when it needed to be changed. :lol:

:ohsnap:

That does sound about right. Most my friends are bow-tie fans, and during the 90's, it did seem like they never needed an oil change or ever got one. Like you stated, they simply added a quart every time she got low.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the '11 Mustang was going to be significantly redesigned, we would have seen a multitude of spy shots by now. As far as the Coyote goes, they could test that under the hood of the current car with no need for camouflage at all, which is what leads me to believe it will be seen in the current body style.

I think he's trying to say that the car is about 80-85% of the way there and that the final part will fall into place with the 3.5L V6 and 5L V8 and maybe the EB 3.5L if we are lucky....

I wonder if the EB 3.5L won't perform better then the 5L....esp if the 415HP rumored max power that the EB 3.5L v6 is to be believed.

I wonder if the EB 3.5L won't perform better then the 5L....esp if the 415HP rumored max power that the EB 3.5L v6 is to be believed.

Depends which strategy they pursue with it in the Mustang. Will it be a fuel-conscious alternative, or a performance alternative? In the case of the Mustang, it likely won't be both (at least until the aftermarket gets hold of it anyway).

Edited by NickF1011

Wow, Chevy Beretta, I haven't seen one in AGES! That was an 80's-tastic car, I still remember the turquoise greens and bright purples.

800px-1996ChevroletBeretta-rear.jpg

Berettas were once as common as Fox body Mustangs. The Mustangs are still around but I hardly ever see Berettas anymore.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Berettas were once as common as Fox body Mustangs. The Mustangs are still around but I hardly ever see Berettas anymore.

I saw one the other day. It was that banana yellow color with random splotches of rust.

I see far more of the Beretta's sibling, the Corsica, around here:

ChevyCorsica.jpg

I picked up this copy CD yesterday. The new interior of the 2010 Mustang makes it the most desirable, and the Handling Pack apparently delivers the goods. I was surprised that that the Panhard rod live axle did not blow it for the Mustang; so the IRS Camaro is no better on broken pavement...

I have to admit I think the Challenger is the best looking, and no doubt the best riding. The interior is a major letdown however and it is as CD states a 13/10's scale v. of the original.

Edited by Project-Fairmont

I saw one the other day. It was that banana yellow color with random splotches of rust.

I see far more of the Beretta's sibling, the Corsica, around here:

ChevyCorsica.jpg

I thought Beretta was the two door and Corsica was the four door?

I know because I hired one in 1993 when I was over in the States....

I'll have to get a copy or three of that one :) just saw the (MT?) three way comparison at the dentists office last week, Camaro won, but they said it was close- and everyone seemed in agreement the Challenger was the best looking of the three- just to heavy.

they had pegged the mustang as costing more than the camaro, which I found hard to believe, but the camaro optioned out was less costly...wish they woulda done basic plain Jane entry levels for comparison- in both V6 and V8 to see how they all compared...think still bang for the buck will always be a basic mustang gt.

The Mustang GT, with the Track Pak, may cost a little more than a similarly optioned Camaro, right now. However, wait for the GM 2nd year price increase.

They always do this. They come out with a very good price the first year, then slam it with a $1-2000 price increase the second year. They think it is smart marketing, when all it causes is sticker shock for the 2nd year buyer.

We know the V6 Mustang is about 300 lb lighter than the V6 Camaro which gets 29 mpg.

So maybe the when the new 3.5 V6 and 6 speed auto show up, fuel economy will be +30 mpg.

I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel for the Camaro, too much weight will do that.....

I thought Beretta was the two door and Corsica was the four door?

I know because I hired one in 1993 when I was over in the States....

The Corsica was a fairly decent rental car. Used to get them in Newark all the time back in the early 90s.

The Corsica was a fairly decent rental car. Used to get them in Newark all the time back in the early 90s.

Bastard things had a funny cruise control,

Driving in LA I came up to slower traffic on the free way and just touched the brakes,

well the thing kicked down and proceed to ram a Datsun up the ass - terrified Aussie!!

So I did a quick lane change and cut off "Oprah" in a Buick, God she gave me a serve.....

Edited by jpd80

I just don't understand GM. We are not talking about a pony car with the Camaro. Its a big car...and its not like its the first time they tried this either.

- Northstar in the Bonneville (I know it was FWD)

- GTO

- G8

- Camaro

How many different iterations of V8s in heavy sedans are they going to try before they get the hint? We are talking about 4 different large v8 vehicles that were introduced in 2004 that have a lot of similarities between them. This is stupidity. The formula keeps failing despite the new packaging. Not to mention the v8 Impala...

I just don't understand GM. We are not talking about a pony car with the Camaro. Its a big car...and its not like its the first time they tried this either.

- Northstar in the Bonneville (I know it was FWD)

- GTO

- G8

- Camaro

How many different iterations of V8s in heavy sedans are they going to try before they get the hint? We are talking about 4 different large v8 vehicles that were introduced in 2004 that have a lot of similarities between them. This is stupidity. The formula keeps failing despite the new packaging. Not to mention the v8 Impala...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

*cough*importing & rebranding Opels*cough*

To be honest, they've only done it once but it failed. However, it kept popping up in their product plans until they decided to sell Opel.

Edited by TomServo92

Well isn't that the GM way? They have the same car selling through Buick, Pontiac, Chevy and Caddy, each with a slightly different front & rear end, slightly different interior materials and call them unique? Like the Traverse (sp?), how many different models do they sell of that? Isn't there a Buick and Cadillac type versions? I know they're trying to get the most bang for their buck with existing parts/products, but this is why I dislike so many GM vehicles. Same crap, different name/brand.

Edited by V8-X

There are a lot of things to like about the Camaro. The performance aspect is there and the exterior design looks great. That would be fine if you didn't have the lighter and more nimble Mustang nipping at its bumper (and this is b4 we see new engines and transmissions).

And then you have the interior.......the Camaro's interior is god awful. It's cheap, poorly designed and it strikes me as if GM benchmarked the old Mustang interior instead of moving the bar forward. The HVAC knobs felt as if they were going to fall off in my hand, the mass expanse of cheap plastic that spans most of the dash is a disaster and I know I've said b4 but the gauge location is lame.

Edited by Michael Reynolds