The Return of the 5.0!

I hope they don't use that 5.0 badge!

That was my only beef with it. It's not like I have anything against 5.0 badges themselves. Just keep it updated so we don't see a bunch of 2011 model year cars running around with 25 year old stick-on badges from an aftermarket catalog on them.

That was my only beef with it. It's not like I have anything against 5.0 badges themselves. Just keep it updated so we don't see a bunch of 2011 model year cars running around with 25 year old stick-on badges from an aftermarket catalog on them.

I just ordered 35 "5.0" badges from parts. I'll be affixing them to every 2010 Mustang on my lot... Just for you, Nick! :hysterical:

oh i know, but really how much weight will be saved 150lbs?

I don't even know if it would be thay much. Acceleration would improve slightly, but the overall balance and handling would see much greater gains. Think about all the hotrod guys that take the time to relocate a 35 lb. battery to the trunk for that reason, except now we're not even transferring the weight, but getting rid of it altogether!

Although it appears they may already have a badge for it, here's a few I came up with (that I also posted on another thread a while back).

gt50emblems2.jpg

Very bottom one. Gets the point across without being super-80's. But still a nod to the past.

I know we are talking about a 5.0 liter motor reintroduction but how 'bout a 302 cubic inch motor reintroduction? aka Boss 302. There was a legendary 302 badge if I recall....It was a 302 with a V under it as well as the 289 that preceded it. I gotta think this is where the boss 302 finally goes mainstream.

Edited by buddysystem

so, a Lindsay Lohan....really no big deal.....barring weight distribution and the fact its from over the front wheels...

It may not up the acceleration numbers a ton ( maybe a tenth or two in the quarter mile) but weight savings is better than adding horsepower because it improves all areas of performance. Handling, braking, and even fuel economy.

Besides, I imagine having Lindsay Lohan sitting on the hood isn't too good for the aero on the car either. It's kinda like Ford moving the antenna to the rear of the GT Mustang! :hysterical:

Hmmmm? Nowhere in any of these "5.0 Coyote confirmed" articles have I seen mention of an official press release from Ford. As far as I can see this is still just speculation based on little tidbits. Now I understand that Ford is not stupid enough to confirm something like this due to the effect it might have on 2010 Mustang sales, but holy wishful thinking batman. The only good thing about all this is that it almost forces Ford's hand. I can hear it now: "Ford promised the 2011 GT was gonna get a 5.0. They lied, I'll never buy another damn Ford."

Hmmmm? Nowhere in any of these "5.0 Coyote confirmed" articles have I seen mention of an official press release from Ford. As far as I can see this is still just speculation based on little tidbits. Now I understand that Ford is not stupid enough to confirm something like this due to the effect it might have on 2010 Mustang sales, but holy wishful thinking batman. The only good thing about all this is that it almost forces Ford's hand. I can hear it now: "Ford promised the 2011 GT was gonna get a 5.0. They lied, I'll never buy another damn Ford."

We've seen photos of the engine in the engine bay of a Mustang.

It's been reported that the parts are already in the database. If they are already in the parts database that means an early 2010 release. I worked in Ford Parts in a dealership for 5 years. I know of what I speak.

We heard rumbling about the Ecoboost long before anything official was announced. The 6.7l Scorpion isn't "official' yet. Still think that's vaporware?

What more do you want?

Edited by MY93SHO