Buick Regal Is Back

PREMiERdrum

The lucerne is def. taking a dump. You know a grand national wouldn't be a bad idea..maybe an edition of a 2 door G8 or something.

Buick today isn't what Buick was 20+ years ago. I think a Grand National today would fall on deaf ears (almost literally, considering Buick's current demographic).

Ahem... this Regal was supposed to be the next generation Saturn Aura. And, it is not simply "imported", by now most of GM's car designs are shared globally, since the Delta and Epsilon cars in 2005.

Another Ahem, this worked well for the new Chevy Malibu!!! :finger:

The Lucurne is based on the old Aurora G body platform from the 90's, so it is an oldie ready for the boneyard, but not as old as W body Impala. And, one other reason for no new Grand National, there isn't a Buick body [stickered] car in NASCAR!

Edited by 630land

Buick today isn't what Buick was 20+ years ago. I think a Grand National today would fall on deaf ears (almost literally, considering Buick's current demographic).

:hysterical:

When car cruises started to be popular here in the early '90s, the GN's would all park together. The drivers were all guys in their late 40s and up. We called it the middle age car club.

http://jalopnik.com/5381441/breaking-the-buick-regal-is-back

Step 1: Import Opels

Step 2: ???

Step 3: PROFITS

Willy: What the hell you need Opels (ball bearings) for?

Fletch: Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course.

[leans arm on hot engine part]

Fletch: Hey! It's all Opels (ball bearings) nowadays.

Willy: What the hell you need Opels (ball bearings) for?

Fletch: Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course.

[leans arm on hot engine part]

Fletch: Hey! It's all Opels (ball bearings) nowadays.

Gail Stanwyck: Looks like a Buick. Look at her. Look at her! Could you love someone who looked like that?

Fletch: What are you talking about? Of course not! Five, ten minutes tops, maybe.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Regal of all names. Maybe Ford should bring back the Fairmont name. Somes names you just don't bring back. Regal conjures up not much of anything exciting. Regal name is associated with the decline of Buick and GM in general. A name like Roadmaster even is much better than Regal.

Regal of all names. Maybe Ford should bring back the Fairmont name. Somes names you just don't bring back. Regal conjures up not much of anything exciting. Regal name is associated with the decline of Buick and GM in general. A name like Roadmaster even is much better than Regal.

I guess Buick's new Opel Insignia based mid-size sedan is too small for the "Roadmaster" name.

buickregalred.jpg

At least they didn't call it "Skylark"... :lol:

The Regal name has a lot of cachet in China, and using the name here in North America, for some strange reason, only increases it's cachet in China. Go figure.

Lucerne? Aurora platform? I thought it was currently sharing the Cadillac DTS platform (and an engine in top trim). Granted, I know that the DTS platform is largely over a decade old as well and could have also been used on the aurora. I've been in a late model lucerne with the V6 and, it was absolutely typical quasi-luxo land yaht.

Lucerne? Aurora platform? I thought it was currently sharing the Cadillac DTS platform (and an engine in top trim). Granted, I know that the DTS platform is largely over a decade old as well and could have also been used on the aurora. I've been in a late model lucerne with the V6 and, it was absolutely typical quasi-luxo land yaht.

the production Lucerne introduced at the Chicago Auto Show on February 9, 2005 rides on the revised H-body platform of the late Pontiac Bonneville- thats from wiki.