What is your future dream Ford?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F100 with 3.5L EcoBoost, 6-speed manual or auto, 4x4, Crewcab, 6 Ft bed. Sold.

+1 That would be nice.

201? Ford F450 SuperCrewCab 6 Door (4 full size doors & 2 half "SuperCab doors, RMC, can you "PhotoChop" one for me?) with a 5.5' Box, 4WD, 6.7L Diesel, 6A with the rear wheels toward the rear (kind of like the 70's "Camper Special" - see picture below). That would be the perfect tow rig for 5th wheel, gooseneck or tag.

1974-Ford-F-350-SuperCamper.jpg

Don't know if this qualifies, but I will submit it anyways.

201* Flex. Extended 2 feet, EcoBoost 2.0. Candy Red with black leather int and White Suede roof.

man would THAT have interesting proportions.....the hearse jokes could come thick n fast.....

2015 Ford Thunderbird.

Designed in original 2 seat roadster design i.e. "personal luxury car."

It would approach MB SLK, BMW Z4 & Lexus ISC for design, performance and luxury.

Lincoln would get a version, the Mark X, that would be even more luxurious and get a slightly larger engine.

An SVT version would be on par with Corvette and maybe even 911, include Supercharged V8, track-suspension/brakes.

It would come with an EB I-4 or EB V6. It would be trimmed exquisitely on the inside, full of technology and rock solid. It would be RWD. It would come in convertible, folding hard-top only except for the SVT which would be non-convertible.

The basic chassis could possibly be co-engineered with the next generation Mustang.

In total, it would be the epitome of the American Personal Luxury Car.

Something like this:

l_dded5b3d31d943a7985a8e99a856642d.jpg

Or this:

l_572ece3429cc443da6d0749eb3b5d1d9.jpg

Or even this Iosis based concept chopped by watchdevil:

l_0ca27e58223e804a6970254bdb32d257.jpg

Edited by joihan777

Wish one will probably be true next model year. 3.5EB F150 Screw Lariat. Just throw some HID's on that sucker! That's the cherry on the truck sundae.

Wish 2 is a AWD Focus, 1.6EB, 6speed dual clutch. Make all the options of the Taurus SHO on it. I want HID's, park assist, BLISS, Sync, etc. I guess if you have to make it a Lincoln, then fine. Oh, and make a real gray interior color. Not this "light stone" grey color. I'm tired of Camel and Black being my only options. I want the medium gray like in my Montego.

+1 That would be nice.

201? Ford F450 SuperCrewCab 6 Door (4 full size doors & 2 half "SuperCab doors, RMC, can you "PhotoChop" one for me?) with a 5.5' Box, 4WD, 6.7L Diesel, 6A with the rear wheels toward the rear (kind of like the 70's "Camper Special" - see picture below). That would be the perfect tow rig for 5th wheel, gooseneck or tag.

We'll see - I'm not gonna promise anything, although that might be an easier one. I have another chop or two in progress that I'd like to finish first, and this weekend and the beginning of next week is going to be really busy for me, so it would probably be next week before I could even get to it....

I would like to see Ford take the Mustang platform, stretch it, and make a true four passenger V8 powered Thunderbird again. The V8 wouldn't have to run with a Shelby, but it would be nice for it to at least make in the mid 300'S in the HP department. The car would obviously be a bit heavier than a traditional 'Stang, so it needs enough power to keep it from being pokey.

A hint of retro could be incorporated via the badging and the iconic T-Bird emblem, and DON'T FORGET the full bar, sequential turn signal, LED tail lights too!

But the exterior could be a modern design (not too egg shaped though), with some unique interpretation on the old hidden headlamp treatment.

A roomy (for 4) interior, with leather seating and a well laid-out NON-RICER styled dash would be needed to stay true to the Thunderbird tradition.

Offer some unique colors and possible tu-tone color combinations.

MSRP with most necessary options for no more than $40k, with a version that retains most of the cool qualities available for closer to $30k.

An example of my idea can be found in the history books here:

(Ignore the 70's cheesiness though...)

Ford sold 955K units of the car in the above ad, for the 77-79 model years.

In contrast, the 74-76 models sold only about 150k.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Thunderbird

It's amazing what a little "bang-for-the-buck" can do for the sales volume of a vehicle!

Finally.... an interesting read here from 2005 about the nameplate:

Ford's historic Thunderbird nameplate returns to the future-product vault

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

I have two:

1. Mustang GT Premium with the upcoming 5.0L V8, a six speed stick, and IRS. I'd like it to look just like the current model and weigh no more than 3600lb. I want it in Kona Blue. I think that's pretty realistic.

2. F150 FX-4 with either the 5.0L V8, the 3.5L EcoBoost, or the 6.2L V8.

My dream car would be a 2012 Ford Taurus Limited with standard heated seats

instead of the extra cost heated/cooled seats. Paddle shifters on the steering

wheel could be turned on with a push button on the left side of the console shift lever.

Steve...Barbaro :beatdeadhorse: Barbaro ...Steve....

We'll see - I'm not gonna promise anything, although that might be an easier one. I have another chop or two in progress that I'd like to finish first, and this weekend and the beginning of next week is going to be really busy for me, so it would probably be next week before I could even get to it....

I guess you get what you pay for... :)

+1 That would be nice.

That'd be cool looking! (Come on with the chop RMC...isn't BOF your priority? come on!! :hysterical: )

I think 5.5' bed would be a bit short to be the perfect tow rig for a 5th wheel. But, you said with the axle toward the rear...hmmm...could move the hitch back. Very cool idea.

For me, I'm dreaming of a 2014 F250 Super Duty, 4.4L diesel, crew cab, 4x4, built on the completely redesigned '13 F250. 300 HP, 550 lb-ft, 6 speed auto.

Oh yeah...and that's towing a covered trailer hauling my '14 Ford GT with the EcoBoosted aluminum block 6.2L pumping out 650 HP through a 6 speed automated manual transaxle to the track. Oh wait...you said there had to be intentions of Ford building it. :(

+1 That would be nice.

That would be cool, but a truck that size should have an 8' bed ONLY. I don't like to see full size truck with a short bed, they need to be long bed and be total workers.

That would be cool, but a truck that size should have an 8' bed ONLY. I don't like to see full size truck with a short bed, they need to be long bed and be total workers.

As a work truck, yes. As a sport truck, SWB looks WAY better. My favorite growing up was a SWB F-100 Ranger XLT regular cab in Red.