What is your future dream Ford?

I'd start off with an Ocean Blue 5-door Fiesta with the 16" 7-spoke EU alloy wheels. Sport suspension, 6-speed manual transmission, fog lights front and rear, integrated convex mirrors with turn signals, manually adjusted heated & cooled (cooled leather may be the best interior development for the car in the past 20 years in my mind) medium gray leather sport seats (with dark gray/black stitching), amber rear turn signals, and a narrowly-spaced dual round exhaust.

The powertrain is where I'd like to get interesting, with either the 1.6L Duratorq diesel tuned to the 135-150 hp range (torque obviously wouldn't be an issue). To handle the torque, I'd love to revert to RWD, but an AWD setup may be the only thing remotely realistic. I'd prefer RWD just to help with weight as the diesel will add a bit extra up front anyway which would need balancing out in the suspension.

Even if it were only FWD, a less powerfully tuned Duratorq would likely be just fine and still return 45-50 mpg consistently. Not anything impossible to accomplish here, but also not something that will roll off a US Ford showroom in the next 5 years.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ford lineup should never be without:

1. A Bronco - I mean a real Bronco, Hi/Low transfer case, that can run with Wrangler, FJ, Xterra, Land Rover etc

2. A T-Bird - Use the Mustang Platform, just make it unique and sporty.

Mercury should never be without a Cougar as well!

I'm going to be the weird one here and say that I want a Lincoln version of the next Escape (largely because I like the form factor and economy but not the cheapy truck-like finish).

Well, it appears as though your wish is being/will be granted....

That'd be cool looking! (Come on with the chop RMC...isn't BOF your priority? come on!! :hysterical: )

Guess you didn't see this:

We'll see - I'm not gonna promise anything, although that might be an easier one. I have another chop or two in progress that I'd like to finish first, and this weekend and the beginning of next week is going to be really busy for me, so it would probably be next week before I could even get to it....

Oh yeah...and that's towing a covered trailer hauling my '14 Ford GT with the EcoBoosted aluminum block 6.2L pumping out 650 HP through a 6 speed automated manual transaxle to the track. Oh wait...you said there had to be intentions of Ford building it. :(

NICE! Though I think a 5.0L Ecoboost making 600hp/550lb-ft would be more fitting because its lighter than the 6.2.

SVO mustang...3.5 450hp, IRS 6 speed manual....

I'd like to see a proper SVO with a 300HP 2.5L EB 4 (see note), adjustable race-ready suspension, fully-vented rotors, IRS, and better aerodynamics. Oh, and leather steering wheel and (Hurst) shift handle, of course.

But, I'm sure that's just me (and the other 9900 original owners of the original SVO).

Edit - Plus a Cougar.

Note - The SVO wasn't about road-ripping acceleration. It was about balance between HP and handling. It was a driver's car, not a muscle car - more RX-8 than Corvette.

Edited by syrtran

Yeah...just giving you a hard time. You do great work and I look forward to your chops!

I figured you were. Thanks. Like I said, I've got a one in the works right now that I've been working on for about a week or two that I'd like to finish before I take on any new ones. Plus I'm out of town this weekend and am heavily booked through the middle of next week, so it'll be next Wednesday before I'll probably even get to finishing that last uncompleted chop.

Basically, all I'm saying is don't hold your breath, I'll get to it whenever I can, which may not be till next weekend or later...hopefully this thread is still alive by then.....the thread that that other chop was for is already dead - I'll have to revive it or make a new one when I post the chop.

I thougth I had that about 2 weeks ago, but didnt. I put this skull/crossbone sheet on the front door that said "Swine Flu Infection"...and let me tell you, I have not had any Jehovah's Witnesses knock on my door. In fact, I left it up and it's been 3 weekends of total peace and quiet ;)

Future dream Ford - one that I've designed, like this one for example......

taurus.jpg

(this was done in 2007, and I'm in Fort Lauderdale, with no connection to Ford)

....well, I'm halfway there, anyway - I've designed a car Ford is building.

Now I just have to get one, lol!

Edited by rmc523