Toyota Exec Is Frustrated at Negative Media

ANTAUS

Well, I don't know about "thriving". In another few years, Mazda could very well be the only one still around. Ford certainly did their part to make them sustainable while they owned them though.

Yeah, not the best choice of adjective, but I think I meant it more with regard to the product these companies have now which thanks to Ford, each has a decent lineup of vehicles. I wish some of them could have gone to the F/L/M brands instead...like the Lincoln XF for example. Or maybe a Mercury LR4. Dreaming!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is funny - Like Obama, the darling of the mainstream media, complaining about the Fox News network. :redcard:

NOTHING like it, this is factual, not scab picking selective bashing....theres a BIG difference between gossip mongering media whom have the right to write retractions when their scandal is debunked...

Oh boohoo. Poor Yota. Instead of the constant praise, they are now being looked at in a different light. Oh how the supposedly mighty have fallen. Damn this makes me happy!

wahmbulance-300x196.jpg

Love it!

Anyway, at least the best Ford products are based on a Mazda and Volvo and GM's best are based on an Opel. :shades:

Yup Volvo & Mazda sure did a great job on my F150s! And the Ranger I had prior! Or the Mustang, dang they had such a great hand in that car.

Sign me up for a Volvo based Mustang and Mazda based F150!

+1

Nor do I consider the Mustang a leader in the two door coup category. :reading:

Oh for what, the last 6 months? And it sure has been a bumpy ride for new Camaro owners, with all the issues they've been having. Who has held the title the longest over the years? Who was discontinued only to be brought back as a cartoon of it self? Sorry, this trend from the last 6 months will quickly change.

Edited by V8-X

I didn't see any mention in the article referring the:

• Tacoma rust issues
    Tundra rust issues
    Tundra driveshaft issue
    Tundra tailgate issue
    Tundra bed bounce
    Tundra camshaft issue
    Tundra tie-rod recall
    Tundra passenger airbag recall
    Toyota engine sludge

To name a few. Sure Ford has had their share of issues. But it's finally coming to light that Toyota is not and has never been perfect.

Edited by V8-X

I didn't see any mention in the article referring the:

• Tacoma rust issues
    Tundra rust issues
    Tundra driveshaft issue
    Tundra tailgate issue
    Tundra bed bounce
    Tundra camshaft issue
    Tundra tie-rod recall
    Tundra passenger airbag recall
    Toyota engine sludge

To name a few. Sure Ford has had their share of issues. But it's finally coming to light that Toyota is not and has never been perfect.

You forgot FJ Cruiser body cracks.

This is funny - Like Obama, the darling of the mainstream media, complaining about the Fox News network. :redcard:

"Faux News" is funny all by itself! :hysterical:

Have they doctored any video this week? Maybe they're tired of getting called out by a comedian on a fake news show. :happy feet:

My wife and her family have always had the inferior foreign rides never ever giving the USA a chance.

"I very gently reminded them of the fact that the more that you support sub-par foriegn brands, people in this country will loose there job. Hell, I even lost mine at one point last year."

First of all foreign brands are not subpar. Yes, Toyota is having their issues right now. Remember, it is the domestics auto industries fault that it HAS LOST TWO GENERATIONS OF BUYERS due to the fact of that I watched my Dad work on cars on the weekends such as the Vega, Pinto, Granada, Citation, etc. and the long list of JUNK that American car producers made in the 70's and 80's.

Yep, it's ancient history, but when my kids reached their early twentys and were looking to buy cars, an American car wasn't even on their radar.

Maybe because I have a Honda Accord and Toyota 4Runner parked in my garage.

However, there is hope. I am considering the Expedition with the large motor when it comes out. And I do like the looks of the new Fusion. I am waiting for owners of the Fusion to top 100K miles and look at the reliability record. Honda Accords do 100K with very little or no issues on a routine bases.

Edited by CKNSLS

I find it very interesting that the good folks serving in the military, and anyone else who gets their paycheck and funding from the government, would even consider buying a foreign car.

Foreign companies pay most of the taxes on their profits back to their home countries, while domestic companies generate far more tax revenues by employing more Americans and paying more domestic taxes.

Your behavior is essentially cutting your own life line. Sort of like working for Coke and drinking Pepsi.

You are defending your own freedom to destroy yourself economically.

It is your call, and thank you for your service to our country.

It's always posts like this that forget to mention the Americans that work for these companies IN THIS COUNTRY and pay income taxes, buys goods and services with their paychecks, etc. etc. Who does Toyota (for example) employ? Both directly and indirectly? Those on this board are probably better qualified to answer this than me-but offhand, the people who put the vehicles together, vendors/suppliers, marketing support, the people who deliver them, the dealer network (Sales, service, etc.) Respectfully, any replies like the above are simplistic at best.

It's always posts like this that forget to mention the Americans that work for these companies IN THIS COUNTRY and pay income taxes, buys goods and services with their paychecks, etc. etc. Who does Toyota (for example) employ? Both directly and indirectly? Those on this board are probably better qualified to answer this than me-but offhand, the people who put the vehicles together, vendors/suppliers, marketing support, the people who deliver them, the dealer network (Sales, service, etc.) Respectfully, any replies like the above are simplistic at best.

Is what I said is simplistic, perhaps. Is it true? - YES

I did mention that American companies generate MORE tax revenue than foreign companies operating here. So that would imply that foreign companies employ people and generate tax revenue, just not nearly as much as American companies of similar scale do.

What you don't mention is that foreign companies who operate here do so because it is PROFITABLE for them to operate here. None of them are here to see how many Americans they can employ.

And the fact is: The taxes on those profits are paid to the home nation because that is where the profits go. Same for American companies operating abroad.

The point is, if one collects a paycheck paid by taxes (military etc), then it might be smart to be sure you don't cut your own lifeline.

I find it very interesting that the good folks serving in the military, and anyone else who gets their paycheck and funding from the government, would even consider buying a foreign car.

Foreign companies pay most of the taxes on their profits back to their home countries, while domestic companies generate far more tax revenues by employing more Americans and paying more domestic taxes.

Your behavior is essentially cutting your own life line. Sort of like working for Coke and drinking Pepsi.

You are defending your own freedom to destroy yourself economically.

It is your call, and thank you for your service to our country.

After driving on the ,autobahn the reason is clear. Looking at the Flight Operations parking lot, BMW, MB, Porsche, Audi, Subaru WRX and Chevy 'Vetts make up more than 50% of the parking lot. A mix of trucks are around 20% of the parking lot.

When you drive to the Support side of the base, Honda and Toyota are the major cars in the lot.

At the Civil Engineering parking lot, it's mostly trucks. Chevy trucks have a clear advantage (maybe due to the Military Pricing). Ford and Dodge are about even.

Anyway, the point is, I'm sure when Ford builds and sells a car here in the USA that is equal to the German best, the pilots will buy it.

Until then, and like most American consumers, we will buy what we want to reflect a personality as a car enthusiast.

After driving on the ,autobahn the reason is clear. Looking at the Flight Operations parking lot, BMW, MB, Porsche, Audi, Subaru WRX and Chevy 'Vetts make up more than 50% of the parking lot. A mix of trucks are around 20% of the parking lot.

When you drive to the Support side of the base, Honda and Toyota are the major cars in the lot.

At the Civil Engineering parking lot, it's mostly trucks. Chevy trucks have a clear advantage (maybe due to the Military Pricing). Ford and Dodge are about even.

Anyway, the point is, I'm sure when Ford builds and sells a car here in the USA that is equal to the German best, the pilots will buy it.

Until then, and like most American consumers, we will buy what we want to reflect a personality as a car enthusiast.

You're not comparing apples to apples my friend. BMW, MB, Porsche, and Audi all cost SIGNIFICANTLY more both to purchase and to maintain. If you have the money to stomach these vehicles, then by all means knock yourself out. You may as well say that Ferrari makes a superior vehicle over Kia.

I feel its healthy for Toyota to be knocked down a peg or two on the pecking order. I am personally quite sick of hearing how bloody reliable they are. Believe me, I've seen the reliability first hand. My sister had a Celica back in the 80s that was indestructable. She didn't have oil in the crank most of the time and if it was in there, it was gelatinous. That thing just kept running and running. The fact is that Toyotas do break down as do Hondas. Years back American cars broke way more often than their Japanese counterparts. Today however, the playing field is much more level. American engineering has stepped up and the old addages regarding American cars sucking just aren't true anymore. I do feel that Chrysler still has work to do regarding reliability but GM and Ford are there.

Congrats!

PS: I'm sure Toyota was happy to see all the negative Ford news constantly, it doesn't taste quite as good being on the receiving end huh guys?? :ohsnap:

Yes - everything you said, as your employer can't afford to supply you and pay you without borrowing money from our greatest potential enemy - Communist China. The point is, you are cutting your own lifeline for the sake of what you want your personality to reflect. A nation's economy and the taxes it generates cannot continue to function unless the money circulates - you buy my product and I get paid, I buy yours and you get paid...we generate tax revenue as we circulate. It would just make sense that the folks who earn a living in the government sector, who rely on taxes for their paycheck, ought to be the ones most concerned with the money continuing to circulate - not having it go to a foreign land.

Edited by Kev-Mo

You're not comparing apples to apples my friend. BMW, MB, Porsche, and Audi all cost SIGNIFICANTLY more both to purchase and to maintain. If you have the money to stomach these vehicles, then by all means knock yourself out. You may as well say that Ferrari makes a superior vehicle over Kia.

+1!

I have an Explorer and my wife drives a BMW X3. The BMW cost 30% more just to buy. The Explorer has 10 times the utility, and cost of ownership is a fraction of the BMW. The BMW drives nicer, but can't work its way out of a paper bag. The BMW is not built better than the Ford, it just has more stuff and is more expensive. In fact, I would say bolt for bolt, weld for weld, the Ford is put together every bit as good as the German car. Did I say how much less (way less) it cost to own and maintain the Ford!

Edited by Kev-Mo

+1!

I have an Explorer and my wife drives a BMW X3. The BMW cost 30% more just to buy. The Explorer has 10 times the utility, and cost of ownership is a fraction of the BMW. The BMW drives nicer, but can't work its way out of a paper bag. The BMW is not built better than the Ford, it just has more stuff and is more expensive. In fact, I would say bolt for bolt, weld for weld, the Ford is put together every bit as good as the German car. Did I say how much less (way less) it cost to own and maintain the Ford!

wha.....no mention of routine maintenence costs????? how about a mini Cooper oil change....$160.....$800 PLUS for brakes.....( pads and discs wear together....one of the reasons for the constant black front wheels......soft for sure.....)

+1!

I had an '02 Explorer, bad transmission solenoid, bad rear end, bad driver's side rear power window motor. The trim piece (fiberglass) underneath back hatch window cracked(replaced and repainted by dealer body shop twice because they used the wrong glue the first time-it would"bubble up" when hit with direct sunshine), Leather interior (XLT Version) very thin and wore very badly. Couldn't take anymore and traded it in after 45,000 miles. I knew that this vehicle would be junk approaching 100K. And these problems were all common and not isolated to my vehicle alone-THAT WAS THE SCARY PART!

Also, I had purchased my wife a '99 Suburban prior to this-in the first 15,000 miles the transmission, alternator, and again the rear end went out. It was a 1500 SLT.

I traded the Explorer for a 4Runner and after 71,000 miles, two issues issues-the sunroof somehow got off it's track and a right leaky front X-Reas shock. The platinum warranty covered the shock, but not the sunroof. Even though I felt the sunroof should have been on Toyota's dime. But consequently, a more pleasant experience than either the Explorer or Chevrolet.

Edited by CKNSLS