Dumped our Infiniti for.......

If this doesn't show you how far Ford has come, I don't know what will.....

Our G was due to be turned in, so the other half thought it was a good a time as any to shop around. We looked at an S4, C350, GTI, G37 and Mustang GT. Due to the availability of the Mustang the way that we wanted it (and most dealers not willing to budge off of sticker) we passed. The other vehicles were great, but the feature content and ownership costs left a bit lacking. It's great to have a very fast vehicle, but in LA traffic when do you get to use it.

So after a bunch of back and forth this is what we ended up with:

28301_401554971164_625216164_432536.jpg

Edited by Michael Reynolds

If this goes to show you how far Ford has come, I don't know what will.....

Our G was due to be turned in, so the other half thought it was a good a time as any to shop around. We looked at an S4, C350, GTI, G37 and Mustang GT. Due to the availability of the Mustang the way that we wanted it (and most dealers not willing to budge off of sticker) we passed. The other vehicles were great, but the feature content and ownership costs left a bit lacking. It's great to have a very fast vehicle, but in LA traffic when do you get to use it.

So after a bunch of back and forth this is what we ended up with:

Nice! Looks great! That's the color I would've chosen as well.

Edited by rmc523

Mustang.... mmmm..

However, i know that practicality and a great price sometimes have to do the talking. The car looks great! MOAR SPECS!!

At first we thought hmm we're probably missing out because we didn't go with the Mustang, but now that we've had the Fusion over the weekend I think we've made a sound decision. We weren't that price sensitive, but at the end of the day spending that much money on car payments each month was a bit silly.

In terms of specs the only thing that we didn't opt for is the AWD. Ford's navigation interface is slick and it completely blows away the setups in vehicles costing a great deal more. Toys aside, I cannot believe how much effort Ford put into refining this vehicle. We still have our 06 SEL and it's like night and day

Nice, is that the Sport? Only asking because I thought they had painted grills. Have fun and good luck with it.

The painted grilles are on the newly-named Monochrome Appearance Package. Up thru the '09 model year, there was a sport appearance package, which added the black chrome grille, bigger dark alloy wheels, spoiler, and satin silver interior trim.

The easiest way to spot a 2010 Sport Fusion from the exterior (aside from the Sport badge on the decklid and in the center caps on the wheels) are the two chromed trapezoids inside the lower intake.

The painted grilles are on the newly-named Monochrome Appearance Package. Up thru the '09 model year, there was a sport appearance package, which added the black chrome grille, bigger dark alloy wheels, spoiler, and satin silver interior trim.

The easiest way to spot a 2010 Sport Fusion from the exterior (aside from the Sport badge on the decklid and in the center caps on the wheels) are the two chromed trapezoids inside the lower intake.

The wheels period are an easy way to spot it, as they're not available on any other Fusion.

If this doesn't show you how far Ford has come, I don't know what will.....

Congratulations Michael, it is a beauty! Yes, Ford has come a tremendously long way. Ford is steadily gaining traction and achieving a greater market share through conquest sales. I hope you don't mind, I would like to borrow your thread title to start a new one... "Dumped my Mercedes Benz for...."

Nice! How was Galpin to work with?

Actually they were a breeze. They had the inventory and the salesperson was very willing to deal with our upfront no-nonsense attitude. Still waiting on our other key, but other than that I'm very pleased.

And no I'm not a fan of the Milan, on top of that it didn't come with the D35.

still not a fan of the overdone chrome beak, but thats a nice combo...and they do drive great.....congrats...but ditch the GALPIN plate TRAITOR!

Sorry Dean...

Edited by Michael Reynolds