My 5.0 Has Arrived!!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Finally Here! and boy does she run!!

Unfortunately I don't get to bring her home until later in the week :banghead: She will be in the body shop getting most of the black plastic painted silver. :hyper:

Now, if I can only get a hold of Pioneer for that Xplan PIN... :stats:

post-16314-127654677872_thumb.jpg

post-16314-12765468299085_thumb.jpg

post-16314-12765468658942_thumb.jpg

post-16314-12765469032873_thumb.jpg

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Finally Here! and boy does she run!!

Unfortunately I don't get to bring her home until later in the week :banghead: She will be in the body shop getting most of the black plastic painted silver. :hyper:

Now, if I can only get a hold of Pioneer for that Xplan PIN... :stats:

LOVE the combo...barring the slushbox....but what exactly are you pianting Silver?....got me curious...and Mucho Congrats...that engine is a HONEY....

LOVE the combo...barring the slushbox....but what exactly are you pianting Silver?

Does anybody know if magazines or any other source has ran the auto? I'm curious to see how much performance drops.

X2 on the painting, which parts?

LOVE the combo...barring the slushbox....but what exactly are you pianting Silver?....got me curious...and Mucho Congrats...that engine is a HONEY....

Sounds like the black ABS plastic on the front and rear bumpers... I'm interested to see how this turns out.

FWIW, I had the black ABS moulding (top and bottom grille inserts, side moulding, hatch strip) painted satin silver on my Jackpot Gold ZX3... looked absolutely awesome and the paint held up really well.

CONGRATS, Danglin ! ! !

& caNNot wait to see your baby after the customization - very VERY interesting icon14.gif

...FWIW, I had the black ABS moulding (top and bottom grille inserts, side moulding, hatch strip) painted satin silver on my Jackpot Gold ZX3... looked absolutely awesome and the paint held up really well.

Ooooooooooooooo how EVER did I miss your THREAD WITH PIX.gif ???

could you post a link to it please, PREMiERdrum? :nudge:nag:nudge:+;)

CONGRATS, Danglin ! ! !

& caNNot wait to see your baby after the customization - very VERY interesting icon14.gif

Ooooooooooooooo how EVER did I miss your THREAD WITH PIX.gif ???

could you post a link to it please, PREMiERdrum? :nudge:nag:nudge:+;)

Unfortunately, all the pics of my ZX3 were saved on our Mac that died last year... they weren't backed up.

However, picture the car attached (an 01 Jackpot Gold ZX3) with the grilles, mouldings, and hatch strip painted a very light, heavily metalflaked silver. I also put some 17" Polished Aluminum wheels on it and tinted the windows. The blue ovals were replaced by gold ovals (the same as the paint color) with the original Focus logo. That car looked awesome.

post-27660-12765606044843_thumb.jpg

Yeah I know, most on this forum probably are not fans of the Slush Box, but , I just want to enjoy driving it, have had a couple of manuls in the past (Not Mustang), just get tired of shifting.

I am getting all of the lower black plastic painted, and the upper grill surround painted. Talked to them about the mirrors, but decided to leave them alone. The paint they are using is a textured paint similar to a bed liner. They are hoping it will hold up better than regular paint. I think it will be just fine. They will also install the Black Billiet grill inserts (Upper and Lower) that I bought from American Muscle.. :happy feet:

It is going to look Swee!!!, Pics soon to follow...

Let me know how you like the automatic. I am thinking of getting the same setup, for the same reasons--got tired of shifting. I would be interested to hear your review, especially whether it works to shift some of the gears yourself (does it go from 3 to 6? how fast can you go comfortably in third gear?) and how well the downshift works when it is in Drive.

One private owner auto run that is going around, is 12.81 @ 115. I believe he also ran a little faster (on both sides), later in the evening.

However, the track is known to have some high traps, sometimes. However, the modded 2010 Camaro, who posted the vid, posted a 110.8 trap. So who knows.

The auto car waas stock.

Congrats on the new baby !!!! I test drove a V6, and it was a blast. Of course, that car sold right away. LOL They have a 5.0 coming in soon, so John (my salesperson on my SD) will probably just toss me the keys to that one too. WooHoo.

Edited by Extreme4x4

One private owner auto run that is going around, is 12.81 @ 115. I believe he also ran a little faster (on both sides), later in the evening.

However, the track is known to have some high traps, sometimes. However, the modded 2010 Camaro, who posted the vid, posted a 110.8 trap. So who knows.

The auto car waas stock.

Congrats on the new baby !!!! I test drove a V6, and it was a blast. Of course, that car sold right away. LOL They have a 5.0 coming in soon, so John (my salesperson on my SD) will probably just toss me the keys to that one too. WooHoo.

Another private owner on another forum is claiming a 12.7 at 115mph as well.

Actually the "slushbox" is proving to be equal to OR faster than the manual. And they aren't slushy anymore !

I hate the fit of the trunk lid to tail light. The gap and contour are awful.

mustang2011.jpg

Are you kidding with this (and the rude comment on the photo)? While styling is subjective (I prefer the 05-09 Mustang rear) this is someone's new car. Show some tact.

As for the gap it's probably just shot at a bad angle. I've never noticed it on any other 10 Mustang.

Are you kidding with this (and the rude comment on the photo)? While styling is subjective (I prefer the 05-09 Mustang rear) this is someone's new car. Show some tact.

As for the gap it's probably just shot at a bad angle. I've never noticed it on any other 10 Mustang.

Well you need glasses, because they all look like that.

Actually the "slushbox" is proving to be equal to OR faster than the manual. And they aren't slushy anymore !

Automatics used to be hampered by having a lower amount of gears than their manual counterparts, plus they had slower shifts and sloppier logic. Now that they shift faster and have as more gears to play with, the playing field is tilting in their favor.

.barring the slushbox....but what exactly are you pianting Silver?...

I'm thinking that 6R might be the way to go, a little converter action and some tuning and that trans will make the car an animal.

I just saw a dyno test on an auto 6R 5.0L, it made 360 rwhp bone stock and 376 rwhp with nothing but a tune.