First Glimpse Of New Aussie Ford Territory

Nor is it the first time that you've leaped to an untenable conclusion based on your pessimism. It may be a face lift, it may be a reskin over many of the same hardpoints (e.g. Taurus X to Explorer). Whatever it is, it is not plainly apparent based on an artist's sketch.

This is a long overdue MCE, the vehicle has been struggling with the same look for five years,

shell, door frames and rear hatch frame stay the same but the exterior is re skinned and the

interior completely replaced. Big news is 2.7 V6 diesel from Land Rover Discovery.

Territory will have increased towing capacity (+6,000lbs) and diesel will give similar fuel

economy to EB I-4 but with enhanced torque for towing.

ZF 6-speed auto trans across the board in both RWD and AWD versions.

This was all done at a fraction of the cost spent on Explorer....

Edited by jpd80

It appears to be a handsome nose, but I worry the rest won't keep up. The new Chevy Cruze is a great example of an interesting and dynamic front clip being totally wasted on an otherwise lifeless car.

In Borg's defense, the current territory does look pretty pedestrian:

Ford_Territory_F6X_.jpg

I'm really interested in what happens to Territory when the Falcon-Taurus dance begins.

^^^ That Terry is not even new (albeit a rare FPV F6X). It's the previous model (SY) to the current SY MkII we have now (which I still see myself staring at when I see a Ghia! :D) - http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/ford-territory-sy-mk2-review.htm

One thing I wish for with the new Terry, though, is a proper attempt from FPV to make a real mark on the 'SUV' scene - imagine a Miami powered Territory! :o :devil:

Personally, I don't agree with that opinion. And in reality, I guarantee my sketch above will be nowhere close to the next Expedition. That is because I definitely see the Expy moving back to sharing as many of it's parts with the F-150 as possible, as the first generation did. That would include entire front clips and interiors (at least the dash).

The explorer has gone FWD. I am assuming also that the Expedition will be downsized(not sure how much) but kept RWD....so the territory may work afterall.

No way no how. What platform would it use? There really isn't another choice other than sharing the F150 platform and lots of other parts. There isn't enough volume to have a one-off dedicated platform any more.

No way no how. What platform would it use? There really isn't another choice other than sharing the F150 platform and lots of other parts. There isn't enough volume to have a one-off dedicated platform any more.

I think Expedition and Navigator could shrink to T6 and still be successful.

What would be the point of them at that size though? They would lose the extra interior space and towing capability that is currently really the only reason anyone would consider those vehicles over the Explorer or MKT.

That would be like asking buyers to give up close on 5-6" of hip and shoulder room.

Don't forget T6 Ranger has about 3" less hip/shoulder room than Territory or Explorer.

Edited by jpd80

Aussie forum poster (Thanks to Brendan (aka. DJIntergr8) has been busy trying to

remove Camoed areas to give us a feel for new Territory:

PS, local pronunciation is Terra-Tree (not Terra-Tory) it rolls off the tongue easier.

31296647.jpg

156893_478541366499_542176499_6517916_6679149_n.jpg

Edited by jpd80

Thanks for sharing those, Jpd80 icon14.gif

&

how does the Territory's hatch open? Up & Up (window or whole thing)

or Up & Down? (window & tailgate)

Single lift up for the whole thing...... keep in mind it's on a pretty tight budget.

Yes, having a small hatch in the glass would be convenient, hope they do it some day.

Umm... It ALWAYS has had the double lift tailgate - that's those small black hinges on the outside of the rear window:

32478_12.jpg

A ha ha ha ha ha,

That's the same colour as my brother's Territory Ghia, I've borrowed it several

times over the past year and never once noticed the small upper hatch............