Honda Jan '11 sales

630land

Honda sales

While Honda was up 13%, CR-V outsold both Accord and Civic! :ohsnap:

Accord down 27%, only 14,693 sold, with Fusion nipping at it! Far cry from when Accord was #1 car. It's now a dull, fat, boring old timer car. I bet the coupe will die off soon, too.

Honda and Acura now have an SUV as #1 seller, no longer a 'youth' or 'sporty' brand, but an average 'grocery getter' make. The CRX, Civic Si Hatch, S2000, Integra, and NSX are long gone.

ZDX - 148.

And people think the MKT is doing poorly.

If they would fix the schnoz on these Acura's, they would look a lot better and would probably sell a lot better. That ZDX in person, with the exception of the grill, actually looks pretty good to me (but I'm a fan of the BMW X6 as well).

If they would fix the schnoz on these Acura's, they would look a lot better and would probably sell a lot better. That ZDX in person, with the exception of the grill, actually looks pretty good to me (but I'm a fan of the BMW X6 as well).

Weird. Cause I find the ZDX styling as horrible, and don't mind the MDX much, it looks much better than the ZDX personally. And I too like the BMX X6.

Trends are finally catching up to Honda, as they have with Toyota recently.

Weird. Cause I find the ZDX styling as horrible, and don't mind the MDX much, it looks much better than the ZDX personally. And I too like the BMX X6.

Trends are finally catching up to Honda, as they have with Toyota recently.

Have you seen one in person? I saw one a month or two ago while I was at Lowe's. It looked good driving around and the exhaust sounded really good for a V6. I've yet to see a picture of it that makes it look good. I would to see what a Mustang based ZDX/X6 type vehicle would look like.

Have you seen one in person? I saw one a month or two ago while I was at Lowe's. It looked good driving around and the exhaust sounded really good for a V6. I've yet to see a picture of it that makes it look good. I would to see what a Mustang based ZDX/X6 type vehicle would look like.

I'll go ahead and admit to being a fan of the X6 (the ZDX's half-aborted-Parrot beak is enough to ruin the whole thing for me), and a RWD 4 door utility coupe with styling language from the new Fiesta/Focus could be pretty bad ass.

I hate the idea of a SUV style Mustang,....but Porsche is maing 4 door cars and SUVs......... :drop:

ZDX - 148.

And people think the MKT is doing poorly.

Acura is probably not the brand that Ford should be aiming for as they re-build Lincoln.:)

The MKT is doing poorly, but every automaker has a bomb now and then and I will never blame Ford for taking a risk. Sometimes styling risks work like the 1986 Taurus/Sable and sometimes they don't like the Pontiac Aztec. I am afraid that the MKT was a styling risk that didn't work, but I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens in the end.

Edited by 2005Explorer

To many buyers, Acura brand is just 'a nicer Honda', or a 'Honda Acura'. Not a cutting edge make at all anymore, just to average commuters who want a CUV for the 'ride height' to see traffic.

The RL is irrelavent, who buys them? I saw one and at first was suprised to actually see it. Smaller than an Accord, too.

Edited by 630land

To many buyers, Acura brand is just 'a nicer Honda', or a 'Honda Acura'. Not a cutting edge make at all anymore, just to average commuters who want a CUV for the 'ride height' to see traffic.

The RL is irrelavent, who buys them? I saw one and at first was suprised to actually see it. Smaller than an Accord, too.

I love how all the non owners blast the shit out of Acura. Definitely not a nicer Honda. I'd call it entry level lux+ and it exists in the same hell that Lincoln does except Acura has a long reputation of safety and reliability. The TSX is a euro accord but everything else in the lineup is unique. Terrible misconceptions and excuses from folks who know they don't have the money to even bother stepping on the lot. None of the "beaky" Acura's photograph worth a shit. They are in-person lookers.

Leave Acura alone. :angry2:

Plus this is about how Honda sales are up so.....