Ford Spells Out New Lincoln Dealer Standards

1 down, 1999 to go.

Actually, the color and wheels are very sharp. And to think you can buy one for just a few more bucks than a new AWD Explorer with less features. Maybe Ford needs to advertise this price nationally and sell more than 500/month. It does look nice in Kona Blue, and his photo is great. I would probably take an MKT over a Explorer given the price he got. I can live with the overdone grille.

Current Vehicles:

2002 Ford Taurus SES Sport

2002 Porsche Boxster

Congradulations on your new Lincoln.

AND Lincoln dealers are hurting / willing to dicker. Ended up with a fully loaded MKT for $47k and change. About $1500 more than the Explorer but ALOT more equipment

You got a great deal, Lincoln MKT Ecoboost fully loaded MSRP is over $55,000! With Ford transaction prices holding close to sticker Lincolns deep discounts make them bargains. Soon buyers will be able to shop both in the same location, should be interresting.

Enjoy your new ride and welcome to the forum.

Edited by F250

They've purposely cut back on sales volume to prevent heavy discounting and I believe to force the remaining marginal dealers out the door. Even if you double the sales volume Lincoln still has way too many dealers and have for years now.

See above example of heavy Lincoln discounting.

By the way resorting to heavy discounting to make the sale hurts the dealer (less profit per unit) not the manufacturer.

Manufacturers cut production because of lack of sales (demand is low)

And every stand alone Lincoln dealer is marginal right now.

Thanks for the nice comment guys. Yes the window sticker was over $55k. Kind of scared us off at first but when the salesman heard what we had been looking at, he told us up front we could get much closer to the Explorer price point. The front end takes some getting used to. Its growing on us. The heated and cooled REAR seats and the refrigerator in the center console have turned out to be more useful that we ever thought. So far, build qualtiy and even the Sync system have been top notch.

Its getting its front hidden hitch for being towed this weekend.

Thanks for the nice comment guys. Yes the window sticker was over $55k. Kind of scared us off at first but when the salesman heard what we had been looking at, he told us up front we could get much closer to the Explorer price point. The front end takes some getting used to. Its growing on us. The heated and cooled REAR seats and the refrigerator in the center console have turned out to be more useful that we ever thought. So far, build qualtiy and even the Sync system have been top notch.

Its getting its front hidden hitch for being towed this weekend.

2010 or 2011? What zip code? I don't see any more than $2K rebates for any MKT in my zip code. Had it been on the lot for a long time?

2011 and it was one of only 3 blue ecoboost MKTs in the country. Kona blue is new for 2011. We are in Houston, truck was in Milwakee. The other two were in Detroit. Rebates were $2500 the rest was the dealer. I also know some $$ changed hands to get it from Uptown in Milwakee. Uptown had only had the truck a few weeks. Build date in late November. I don't think the dealer made a lot on the sale. None the less, they were great to deal with and we did not have to 'fight' at all to get the deal. A little back n forth on the trade value but a 2002 explorer is not worth much more than the 3800 they gave us. The price on the MKT is pretty much thier first offer and then we removed some dealer installed fluff (paint protectant, security etching and documentation fees) all without argument and the deal was done. Other than times are slow, not sure what prompted them to be so easy on the pricing.

Our dealer had never seen one in Kona Blue before ours. They now have one on order for the show room. Its a color that needs to be seen as deep blue is not traditional for Lincoln but attacted us and likely will other non-traditional buyers. If they see it.

Edited by jcthorne