Cadillac XTS

ANTAUS

My link

The reason why the Lincoln MKS will have to improve...

Have you looked at MKS sales lately? That should be reason enough to completely redo it. The $100,000 plus Porsche Panamera outsells it with over 1,000 less dealerships. That is reason enough to blow the MKS up and start over with clean sheet of paper.

Have you looked at MKS sales lately? That should be reason enough to completely redo it. The $100,000 plus Porsche Panamera outsells it with over 1,000 less dealerships. That is reason enough to blow the MKS up and start over with clean sheet of paper.

I shouldn't bother asking, but what the hell do a $50,000 Lincoln and a $100,000 Porsche have to do with each other? :banghead:

Im intrested in how will this stack up to the upgraded / upsized MKS?. I do like just a new large sedan from Caddy or Lincoln that's impressive and well built though i don't like the fwd part. If GM/Ford can pull it off they could pull some large Benz/BMW buyers away.

I didn't include the 300 due to a deck-out 300 don't cost as much as a current MKS and DTS and it's high powered rwd options.

While on the subject the next Impala is supose to be a XTS "clone" but in a good way (AWD, it's own sheetmetal, premium interior but less advance supension) while maintaining current sales levels. I think big cars make a comback as the next "hot "segment as good looking cars like Charger, Taurus, XTS are made.

Well, we all know what it'll look like.......(HINT - like every single other Cadillac).

Excatly...I wish Caddy would show some new styling going forward...the Interior looks pretty nice though...like it

While on the subject the next Impala is supose to be a XTS "clone" but in a good way (AWD, it's own sheetmetal, premium interior but less advance supension) while maintaining current sales levels. I think big cars make a comback as the next "hot "segment as good looking cars like Charger, Taurus, XTS are made.

Fleet...cough...fleet sales...cough....:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I shouldn't bother asking, but what the hell do a $50,000 Lincoln and a $100,000 Porsche have to do with each other? :banghead:

He's trying to make a point that Porsche should be more rare especially at a 100,000 dollar price point than a Lincoln because it is tougher to sell a car that pricey.

But, the other shoe that drops is that there are far fewer car makers selling cars in that price point. It should be Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus (direct competition) that should be embarrassed by that, not Lincoln.

He's trying to make a point that Porsche should be more rare especially at a 100,000 dollar price point than a Lincoln because it is tougher to sell a car that pricey.

But, the other shoe that drops is that there are far fewer car makers selling cars in that price point. It should be Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus (direct competition) that should be embarrassed by that, not Lincoln.

And boy, isn't it egg on the face of Toyota who can't even sell 1000 Scion xD's a month! :stirpot:

• Like 1

Actually, that is pretty bad. Lexus should be embarrassed by that level of sales.

It's always been pretty low. At one time the MKS was outselling the majority of luxury sedans with the exception of the E class and 5 series. I think the Genesis may have passed it but not sure about the rest.

It's not the largest market segment to begin with especially if you take out the loyal MB and BMW buyers.

Really difficult to tell, as Hyundai doesn't break out sales of the sedan and coupe separately. I doubt either one of them on its own is outselling the MKS.

Good point - I keep forgetting that they include the coupe.

I still think Lincoln is purposefully keeping profits high and volumes low until they get the dealers squared away and new products out the door. They could easily drop a few thou on the hood and double sales but what purpose would that serve?

Well, for one, it might shut Fordbuyer up....

Naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There is always March, 2011 MKS sales to critique. Another depressing sales month for Lincoln. :stirpot: Things are so bad for MKS sales I don't even think Ford bothers marketing the vehicle anymore. Most of the marketing dollars are geared to MKZ and MKX.

There is always March, 2011 MKS sales to critique. Another depressing sales month for Lincoln. :stirpot: Things are so bad for MKS sales I don't even think Ford bothers marketing the vehicle anymore. Most of the marketing dollars are geared to MKZ and MKX.

Ask yourself this - if Lincoln got aggressive to increase sales - would that make it harder or easier to eliminate borderline Lincoln dealers?

Fleet...cough...fleet sales...cough....:rolleyes:

So what should you suggest for a GM fleet car since its "soooooo baad" to make one?. The Impala is old platformwise is the only thing against it. An all new Buick-Caddy based Impala with AWD should be better but I bet it cost more then the current version.