2012 Focus at Dealer

At the local Ford dealer three blocks from my home, there are three three Focus SE's sitting there, two out front and one in showroom. All sticker for $19,400 including destination charges and have two options, 6 speed auto and Rapid Spec convenience package that includes cruise control. None had Sync. One is Race red, another Kona blue, and one in showroom I gather was a Grabber blue. Suprised to see that the red one had big ol' ding in middle of hood. I sure hope that damage was done in transit and not shipped that way from MAP. Other than that, fit and finish was nice along with very nice paint job. I have to say I'm not real impressed with the new Focus in SE trim. Looks like one has to go for SES trim package to get alloys and more standout features. SE comes with plastic hub caps only and a little too pedestrian looking for my tastes. About $22,000 should be enough to get a more exciting one. All had black interior and interior vast improvement over 2011.

At the local Ford dealer three blocks from my home, there are three three Focus SE's sitting there, two out front and one in showroom. All sticker for $19,400 including destination charges and have two options, 6 speed auto and Rapid Spec convenience package that includes cruise control. None had Sync. One is Race red, another Kona blue, and one in showroom I gather was a Grabber blue. Suprised to see that the red one had big ol' ding in middle of hood. I sure hope that damage was done in transit and not shipped that way from MAP. Other than that, fit and finish was nice along with very nice paint job. I have to say I'm not real impressed with the new Focus in SE trim. Looks like one has to go for SES trim package to get alloys and more standout features. SE comes with plastic hub caps only and a little too pedestrian looking for my tastes. About $22,000 should be enough to get a more exciting one. All had black interior and interior vast improvement over 2011.

Got a $20,000 Cruze LT in the washbay with hub caps. What do you expect?

Wanna see a cheap POS? http://jalopnik.com/#!5783395/this-is-what-a-new-14000-vw-jetta-actually-looks-like

Btw, all three are sedans as I believe the hatchback is extra cost option like on Fiesta. Also, fog lights are standard on the SE. Interesting, on the 2011 alloys are standard on the SE with fog lights being optional. On the 2012, you get plastic hub caps, and fog lights are standard. EPA for SE with auto is 28mpg city and 38mpg highway. Ford has really improved fuel mileage on its Focus. I love how every model year the automakers giveth and taketh away on the option list. For comparison take, all three SES Fiestas sitting nearby with manual trans listed for more than the three 2012 Focus SE with 6 speed auto. And the three Fiestas got 37mpg highway while the bigger Focus got 38mpg highway. And I know a Fiesta SE costs less than these three $19,400 Focus SE's.

Unfortunately, our dealership is still about two weeks from receiving the first 2012 Focus vehicles. On the plus side, we're getting close to running out of 2011 Focus models so the timing will work out OK as we won't have to worry about selling down the 2011's.

we ran out last weekend (usually stock 30-40) and other dealers will not give them up in trade. come on '12 focus! :shades:

Our dealer just got a 2012 Focus SE sedan in black with the Sport Package and the Sync & MyFord Package. It looks awesome, except I'm not too fond of the black and white seats that the Sport Package brings. All black would look much more "sporty" personally.

And they've got 3 2012 Mustangs - a Kona Blue V6, a black GT, and a black w/red BOSS 302 Laguna Seca VIN ...00001 - Jim Farley's new car.

Edited by ibinubu12

You sure you mean MyFord Touch? I thought Sync was more or less standard on all cars now...

the 2012 has two versions of Sync.

MyFord- dual color screens. one in IC and a larger 5in screen in the center stack.

Myford touch- sinlgle non touch screen in the IC, and 8in touch screen in the center stack

the 2012 has two versions of Sync.

MyFord- dual color screens. one in IC and a larger 5in screen in the center stack.

Myford touch- sinlgle non touch screen in the IC, and 8in touch screen in the center stack

Actually, Sync is available without MyFord or MyFord Touch and it is standard on SEs - it's part of the base package. It's not available at all on S models.

S - no Sync or MyFord or MyFord Touch

SE - standard Sync elements w/usb, MyFord optional

SEL - standard Sync, MyFord, MyFordTouch optional

Titanium - standard Sync and MyFordTouch

Our dealer just got a 2012 Focus SE sedan in black with the Sport Package and the Sync & MyFord Package. It looks awesome, except I'm not too fond of the black and white seats that the Sport Package brings. All black would look much more "sporty" personally.

And they've got 3 2012 Mustangs - a Kona Blue V6, a black GT, and a black w/red BOSS 302 Laguna Seca VIN ...00001 - Jim Farley's new car.

Isn't the SE Sport package seats black & metal gray? Not black & white.

The MyFord without touch is called MyFord driver-connect technology which is standard on SEL, and optional on SE 202A option group MyFord & SYNC package.

On the USA build it function there is no mention of SYNC in the base SE feature list

Edited by MKII

The MyFord without touch is called MyFord driver-connect technology which is standard on SEL, and optional on SE 202A option group MyFord & SYNC package.

On the USA build it function there is no mention of SYNC in the base SE feature list

I certainly would say they look white. "Metal Gray" to me is a dark gray, which would look good in my book. These seats were very high contrast.

It's part of the 200A "base" package.

It's part of the 200A "base" package.

then theres the leather Artic White interior....where the hell do they come up with this stuff...my advice...KEEP IT SUBTLE...I know for sure we wont be ordering any of those disco interiors for stock...eeeek!

Actually, Sync is available without MyFord or MyFord Touch and it is standard on SEs - it's part of the base package. It's not available at all on S models.

S - no Sync or MyFord or MyFord Touch

SE - standard Sync elements w/usb, MyFord optional

SEL - standard Sync, MyFord, MyFordTouch optional

Titanium - standard Sync and MyFordTouch

UH AK- I looked at the order guide and maybe I misunderstood what you said, but SYC is not standard in the SE--it's only available with the 202A package. The base 200A and 201A packages do not include it. Is that what you meant?

then theres the leather Artic White interior....where the hell do they come up with this stuff...my advice...KEEP IT SUBTLE...I know for sure we wont be ordering any of those disco interiors for stock...eeeek!

The White inserts aren't bad looking on the Titainium models vs the optional red color that carries up onto the center stack...YUCK! I'm just suprised they got rid of the contrasting stitching which would look nice on black leather seats

The White inserts aren't bad looking on the Titainium models vs the optional red color that carries up onto the center stack...YUCK! I'm just suprised they got rid of the contrasting stitching which would look nice on black leather seats

They have white stiching on black leather in this Titanium model. Taken at the detroit auto show this year.

post-27929-0-36580100-1300738595_thumb.jpg

when is that from? i just tried building both an se 4 door and an se 5 door. both required 202a to get sync. i couldn't get sync without myford.

Hmmm.....that came directly from the ford.com website (click on Focus, Models, SE). But you're right - build and price says it's not included. So one of them is wrong.