Glimpse of 2013 Escape Interior

I think that line of making the interior a bit "quirky' is being pushed a bit harder in this. I dont care for the Focus like vertical airvents, and the quirky line running to the side airvent, just seems a bit too much. The shift level will be critisized with blocking the A/C control. I'm hoping the interior lighting is blue, and not red. The cigarette/12v placement seems as an afterthought. Am I seeing a parking brake handle, instead of a foot operated one?

I don't like that Honda-esque center stack.

Not the least of my issues stems from the apparent placement of the hazard button (once again) in a spot where it will be hit frequently by accident (unless that button on the lower left side of the joystick/knob thingy that appears to have a pair of red triangles on it does not in fact have a pair of red triangles on it.)

And, OMG, it's got a cigarette lighter in it.

Whoa. I feel like I'm in a timewarp. I saw some guy actually use a cigarette lighter to light a cigarette a few weeks ago. It was weird.

Likely the EU-spec interior (aren't cigarette lighters still normal over there?), I'd expect to see a simple plug cover in its place on our shores. How long has it been since a US Ford was sold with a lighter?

CD slot placement is odd, especially since fewer and fewer people will be using them at all going forward. Otherwise, I like it.

Its the same on the C-max.

FRD2010121982353_PV.jpg

I got a feeling that it won't stay there.

it will.

I don't like that Honda-esque center stack.

Not the least of my issues stems from the apparent placement of the hazard button (once again) in a spot where it will be hit frequently by accident (unless that button on the lower left side of the joystick/knob thingy that appears to have a pair of red triangles on it does not in fact have a pair of red triangles on it.)

how is it hondaesque? it look like the focus and Cmax. Are the focus and C-max honda esque as well?

Where are you seeing a cigarette lighter in the shot? All I see is 12V power port to the left of the center dash and a possible terrain management system like the Explorer has in the center stack in between the seats.

Who cares about the CD player slot? How many people still use those things? LOL I think in the past 5+ years I've had my Mustang I've played (loaded and unloaded) with it less then a half of dozen times. More important is where you plug in your Mp3 player or if it has Sat Radio LOL

Who cares about the CD player slot? How many people still use those things?

I still use my CD slot. Just long enough to put in a CD with 700 Megs of MP3's. Then it stays in there for the next six months until I figure out my next batch of songs to change to.

I hope that knob between the shifter and the cup holders is a terrain management system. That would be nice. I wonder if that's the piece some are thinking is the cigarette lighter? In the second shot, you can see what is maybe a power point on the drivers side of the console. You see it between the spokes of the steering wheel. Kind of an odd spot. I hope there is a better on in a center arm rest. Can't see a center armrest in the shots. I hope they didn't "Fiesta" that arm rest. :-)

It is a cigarette lighter. Click on the photo, it will open up a huge version of the pic, and you'll clearly see that it's a cigarette lighter.

Yep, you're right. Please replace with Terrain Management Knob Ford!

So are those still door lock buttons next to it then? Look like buttons. Can't read the icons.

Yep, you're right. Please replace with Terrain Management Knob Ford!

So are those still door lock buttons next to it then? Look like buttons. Can't read the icons.

I dunno, here is a shot of the C-Max interior, which looks nearly identical to the Escape....as for the buttons next to them, on the C-Max, they look to be the butt warmer switches

image_cd_gallery_zoomed.jpg

Edited by silvrsvt

What are the two buttons to the right of the headlamp knob for? The one of the left appears to be for the fogs and it's nice to see you don't have to pull on the knob anymore. Can't make out what the other two are though. They almost look like some sort of cruise control buttons.

Looking at pics of these spy shots and new C-Max in detail, it looks to me like the new Escape will share the same exact dash with the C-Max, even the door panels are the same! Bit of a let down, I'd like to see a unique dash/interior for the Escape, same theme but still different. Unless the production car will be different, hence no cover-up in these prototypes?

Also, anyone notice the mule shown in this Inside Line video..... Escape spy vid

The mule thats shown before the video is played, it's almost all uncovered....the roof line, sides, all except the front isnt camo'ed. It looks very much like a C-Max...maybe they are using C-Max mules, with different fronts? Its hard to say, the new euro Fords all share similar styling! If this isnt a C-Max based mule, then this appears to be a significant shot! (its not the current Kuga, look at the door handle location)

Nice interior. I'm not to fussy about the CD Slot on top. The swtiches on the right of the headlights is the interior lighting control. Hazard switch is by the manual MFT controls and it can be switched on by accident as I have done on my Fiesta, but after a while it's not enough to kick up a fuss. Lock controls on the doors again is logical, I have no issues either way. Even if it's a C-Max mule, then the C-Max interior is nice.

I believe a 'Smokers Package' is still availible so I'm not surprised by the lighter.

I think that line of making the interior a bit "quirky' is being pushed a bit harder in this. I dont care for the Focus like vertical airvents, and the quirky line running to the side airvent, just seems a bit too much. The shift level will be critisized with blocking the A/C control. I'm hoping the interior lighting is blue, and not red. The cigarette/12v placement seems as an afterthought. Am I seeing a parking brake handle, instead of a foot operated one?

I have to agree, I think the passenger dash is overly designed.

Where are you seeing a cigarette lighter in the shot? All I see is 12V power port to the left of the center dash and a possible terrain management system like the Explorer has in the center stack in between the seats.

That thing you're thinking is the terrain management knob IS the cigarette lighter.

What are the two buttons to the right of the headlamp knob for? The one of the left appears to be for the fogs and it's nice to see you don't have to pull on the knob anymore. Can't make out what the other two are though. They almost look like some sort of cruise control buttons.

The two on the right look like clocks with arrows up and down to me. So I'm guessing interior light controls? My Montego had a roller I would roll up and down to control interior light intensity and timer.

Yes, 92merc has it right - instead of the "roller" switch for the interior light timing, it's been replaced by two buttons (up, down).

The two on the right look like clocks with arrows up and down to me. So I'm guessing interior light controls? My Montego had a roller I would roll up and down to control interior light intensity and timer.

they are the dimmer for the instrument lighting.