New Agreement

Empire

The new agreement is by far the best I have seen for jobs, our benefits and bonuses. The contract insures 6 billion dollars invested in our plants (6,000,000,000,000) and keeps our pension and benefits merely unchanged.

What many fail to understand is our labor rates are like a filled bucket. $58 per hour. To get back cola or Monday after Easter would be attainable but something else would have to come out of the bucket. Example; higher co pays and office visits or less vacation time. These labor rates are the very reason the UAW was able to gain all of this 6 Billion in investments for our job security.

So to satisfy every ones “need” to vote no to think the IUAW will get “something better” will not happen.

The bucket for labor rates is full at ($58) just like our plants will be….

Voting no will just take something else away that we now currently benefit from to get something back of the same value

The IUAW has the ultimate responsibility to protect all of us with Jobs………… For without jobs there is nothing to fight for…….

This agreement is a good agreement for our futures, The IUAW has upheld its responsibility

• Like 11

The new agreement is by far the best I have seen for jobs, our benefits and bonuses. The contract insures 6 billion dollars invested in our plants (6,000,000,000,000) and keeps our pension and benefits merely unchanged.

What many fail to understand is our labor rates are like a filled bucket. $58 per hour. To get back cola or Monday after Easter would be attainable but something else would have to come out of the bucket. Example; higher co pays and office visits or less vacation time. These labor rates are the very reason the UAW was able to gain all of this 6 Billion in investments for our job security.

So to satisfy every ones “need” to vote no to think the IUAW will get “something better” will not happen.

Voting no will just take something else away that we now currently benefit from to get something back of the same value

The IUAW has the ultimate responsibility to protect all of us with Jobs………… For without jobs there is nothing to fight for…….

This agreement is a good agreement for our futures, The IUAW has upheld its responsibility

I agree with this post though I do not think the majority of the posters on bon would agree. Ford still has the highest labor costs of all automakers so the UAW was able to sustain what we have monetarily

For everyone that wants all concessions returned and are willing to vote no, what do you think will happen if we do vote no, go on strike, whatever...Sure we will gain something back but at what cost? In my opinion, you will see investments for Flat Rock and OHAP dry up. This is work from mexico!! This is a huge win. So yea, enjoy your 3% raise, COLA or whatever else you are willing to go out for but it will come at the expenses of more UAW jobs lost.

I am sure this thread will go south real fast but oh well, fuck it, thats my opinion on things.

• Like 3

I agree with this post though I do not think the majority of the posters on bon would agree. Ford still has the highest labor costs of all automakers so the UAW was able to sustain what we have monetarily

For everyone that wants all concessions returned and are willing to vote no, what do you think will happen if we do vote no, go on strike, whatever...Sure we will gain something back but at what cost? In my opinion, you will see investments for Flat Rock and OHAP dry up. This is work from mexico!! This is a huge win. So yea, enjoy your 3% raise, COLA or whatever else you are willing to go out for but it will come at the expenses of more UAW jobs lost.

I am sure this thread will go south real fast but oh well, fuck it, thats my opinion on things.

How many of us have ever went on strike? Most of us have reaped the benefits of our parents and grandparents who actually did go on strike. The NO voters think the IUAW is going to go back and get more. LOL--I don't think so. I think we are on the picket line for $200 a week. Maybe even Ford will lock us out. There will be people lining up for miles to get even Entry Level wages and benefits. These union haters are living in a dream world.

• Like 5

So to satisfy every ones "need" to vote no to think the IUAW will get "something better" will not happen.

good points and well said!!
  • Like 2

How many of us have ever went on strike? Most of us have reaped the benefits of our parents and grandparents who actually did go on strike. The NO voters think the IUAW is going to go back and get more. LOL--I don't think so. I think we are on the picket line for $200 a week. Maybe even Ford will lock us out. There will be people lining up for miles to get even Entry Level wages and benefits. These union haters are living in a dream world.

Yes assclown, we do reap the benefits of our fathers/grandfathers work, and my family that was at Ford before me must be rolling over in their fucking grave when we give it back, then act like the $IUAW$ is really doing us a favor by getting us a fraction of what we gave up.

$FORD$ and the $IUAW$ are in bed together and do what is best to make them money, not the workers.

• Like 3

I will not sell out me brother trades for any amount 6000 or 60000. Get trade wage for trades reduced to production or it's a NO Vote. The other two companys have it why not us.

I agree 100%

I think Bob King has been drinking the corporate Cool-Aid for a long time as far as trades are concerned.

• Like 2

So to satisfy every ones "need" to vote no to think the IUAW will get "something better" will not happen.

LETS SEE......

1. NEW MEMBER
  2. GLOWING MULTIPLE POSTS ON HOW FANTASTIC THE AGREEMENT IS
  3. DOOM AND GLOOM IF WE VOTE NO

HUH, COULDNT BE P.R. SPIN CONTROL COULD IT?

• Like 3

Very good, you are correct in your suggesting that all cant be satisfied. There is only so much to go in the bucket before this work is sourced else where.

Not everyone can be satisfied, this agreement is proactive in protecting the entire UAW Ford membership and solid in job security achievements.

Mission accomplished

• Like 3

Very good, you are correct in your suggesting that all cant be satisfied. There is only so much to go in the bucket before this work is sourced else where.

Not everyone can be satisfied, this agreement is proactive in protecting the entire UAW Ford membership and solid in job security achievements.

Mission accomplished

There is good and bad in most things. If you look at all the work that we are getting, that is very good. IMO, I place work and job security above most other things. So on my scale, that is a good thing.

• Like 1

Very Well said I agree with you. Thanks IUAW for your hard work and sacrifices like being away from family and home during negotiation

• Like 1

Very Well said I agree with you. Thanks IUAW for your hard work and sacrifices like being away from family and home during negotiation

Good work for what getting themselves a bigger bonus? I'm positive that they never gave up anything but the people who work their asses off on a daily basis are suppose to give everything up. As far as the 6000 new jobs they already planned on that like 6 months ago or more. So that was already going to happen. Theirs some good but people feel like they are getting slapped in the face over & over again.

• Like 1

So to satisfy every ones need to vote no to think the IUAW will get something better will not happen.

True

The actual total US investment over the next 4 years is $16 Billion. Thats $10 BILLION more that what you quoted

$16 BILLION DOLLARS of investment will give most of us the job security we all strive for in every zone.

Edited by Armstrong
  • Like 2

True

The actual total US investment over the next 4 years is $16 Billion. Thats $10 BILLION more that what you quoted

$16 BILLION DOLLARS of investment will give most of us the job security we all strive for in every zone.

Most of us have been talking about jobs, jobs, jobs and investments for the past few years and the negotiators got it. We should be very happy with what they did.

• Like 2

This is a good agreement.

UAW will not strike with this tentative. The public will despise us the media will tear us up and market share will tank if this is voted down.

There is nothing wrong with this agreement, expectations exceeded

• Like 3

This is a good agreement.

UAW will not strike with this tentative. The public will despise us the media will tear us up and market share will tank if this is voted down.

There is nothing wrong with this agreement, expectations exceeded

Amen my brother! To vote this down and send it back for a "better" contract is a pipe dream. First, this is a great deal and to vote no is just ignorant and stupid. Secondly, we as members, have no idea of the UAW will put us on strike or not. I prefer my hourly wage and the at least $10000 before Christmas than $200 a week on a picket line. Last, the negotiators probably won't get more--they have been there for 3 months and then we will have to go on strike.

Great job on this agreement and a yes vote here.

• Like 2

Everybody has a right to their opinion. The contract is as another poster put it “what we have asked them to do” if you’re a Union Brother that was and is about jobs first. Even if you’re not about “your brother” it has things for you as well. I guess it’s all about what you think is right. If you wanted everything returned, then you’re willing to let the product and the jobs go and the 2nd tier wage increase go. If you think that they will do both and put us back at nearly $72 an hour (all inclusive) then guess again brother because that’s not going to happen. We as a Union don’t want that to happen, because it cost us more jobs.

Did you get 10k for signing, no you got 6k. Did you get COLA, no you got inflation lump sums, but I must add that this is guaranteed money and not based off what the State says. In other words, it’s around .78 cents an hour.

But the main topic should be, IN-SOURCED WORK. How long does anyone think the Government would allow us to picket Ford’s if we struck? Think about it, even our President is on the News sticking his foot in Congress’s ass about “JOBS”. Can you imagine his reaction if he heard that the Union members at Ford turn down a contract that brought back work from foreign countries. A contract that brought added jobs in the tune of 1200. A contract that gives aprox 4 more dollars an hour for new hires. And was turned down because they felt that 6k wasn’t enough. Are you kidding me? He would lose his mind. Talk about slapped in the face. The man backs us, he is about American jobs and we need to be standing with him and show him that we are to.

Our IUAW has done what most true Unionist expected and then some. I’m an advocate of jobs above all else and to see that they have obtained work returned to the States, is awesome to me. Name one other President and Vice President negotiating team that has accomplished this, even when we were on top and Fords was spending money on “anything” we didn’t see work returned from off shore.

Please don’t get me wrong. I’m not about losing more pay and losing more benefits to say we have a job. We didn’t lose any more pay or benefits, we will gain some back. It’s about jobs this time, and we are gaining them. This in turn will make our Union stronger and show the general public what we are truly about.

Read the contract, vote on your own merit.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body

Vice President & Bargaining Representative

• Like 3