2013 Lincoln MKS World Debut

And here she is!

01-2013-lincoln-mks-press-628.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/17/2013-lincoln-mks-evolves-new-nose-bigger-brakes/

On the tech front, the MKS comes equipped with the recently reworked MyLincoln Touch system, with standard Operator Assist, WiFi hotspot functionality and a tweaked UI to match the updated interior. Also included for 2013 is the new Lane Keeping System and Lane Keeping Aid, which alerts the driver if he or she is drifiting out of a lane and applies a small amount of torque to the wheel to bring things back in line.
Edited by BORG

That is awful. The last nose was far prettier. This is just awkward.

Sad we wasted a week of watching the Lincoln Facebook site for this.

Lincoln

The next step for Lincoln...forward-looking and more elegantly crafted. Now it gets interesting.

Uh-huh.

Edited by Boss444
  • Like 1

I think the undersized and too high Lincoln star throws the whole thing off. The hood's cut line should've been at the bottom of the upper grille, following that same horizontal line there, not in the middle of it like it is. The star could've then been centered between the grille and slightly upsized as it should've been.

The MKS makes the newly refined look work. The MKT? Not so much.

Here's my take:

Ford has officially unveiled the updated 2013 Lincoln MKS sedan and MKT crossover at the LA Auto Show, but the freshened vehicles are only part of the story. The Lincon brand is at the beginning of a major upgrade, which will ultimately overhaul the marketing, customer touchpoints, dealer experience, and most importantly, product. Dealerships have been consolidated, closed, and renovated, new Lincoln-specific customer touchpoints have been created, and now the product renaissance begins.

Far from the totally-new MKZ and "compact sports crossover" coming next near; the freshened MKS and MKT come closer into the realm of what Lincoln wants to be.

Continued at LINK - The Alternator Blog

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Have they lost their freaking minds?!?! The first Gen MkS was just starting to grow on me, and then they go and foist this abomination upon the buying public! Can I have the tech and drivetrain upgrades on the Gen 1 skin please? The grill seems to sit higher and looks, and I can't even believe I'm saying this, too small for the schnoz that this thing has. The tail is fundamentally clean, but looks so much like the Neon's rear end to me (mainly around the lights) that I can't really like it. It doesn't fall to MkT ugly standards, but this definitely looks worse than the previous gen did.

I do think that the MkS ecoboost is one heck of an interesting ride though.

They should have left the styling alone and just added the content. All the content in the world cannot make that front-end palatable.

I'm extremely disappointed. The media is going to have a field day (as they should).

Ford's been firing on all 8 cylinders lately...but they just threw a rod.

Edited by Boss444

I actually don't mind this redesign too much and I particularly like what they did with the rear end. I think the color isn't particularly flattering for this car, and will reserve final assessment till I see some live photo shots of the car in other colors tomorrow. As of what I see right now I wouldn't have too much of an issue replacing my current MKS with this refreshed model.

Are some of you seeing the same car I am??

The current MKS is a nice looking car. This one is much better.

It is all in the details. The detailing on the front is much finer and more elegant. At the same time, it manages to look more aggressive.

Frankly, I am surprised that I like it so much. I fully expect the car to look much better in the flesh, as press photos always suck. So, it should be a very good looking car.

I'm just speechless, I really didn't think they would be taking a step back. Last nose was fine, this one seems higher and a tad small, pug nosed. The rear I agree, looks like a Neon\,very forgetable and featureless. A few streaks and lines were thrown in there for decoration but it's not altogether flattering. I'm just over it, I truely am...I'll wait for the MKZ and see how that will evolve but this is truely a disappointment to me.

I'm really reserved on this for two reason. One, I HATED the Taurus MCE when I saw it in pictures but in person I fell in love. So there's a real possibility this looks a whole lot better (or possibly even worse) in person. Two, this is a nose (and butt) job on a product on the back side of its product cycle, with the New Look is coming on the MKZ there's not a whole lotta reason to get worked up about this.

I think this design works and I guarantee you that this will impress favorably in person. This one shot here does a much better job communicating the design (no inhuman angles or lens distortion).

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-lincoln-mks-0/full/#photo-4616097

And what's being overlooked is the amazing chassis and camera technology that accompanies the new vehicle.

Edited by BORG

I think this design works and I guarantee you that this will impress favorably in person. This one shot here does a much better job communicating the design (no inhuman angles or lens distortion).

http://www.autoblog..../#photo-4616097

And what's being overlooked is the amazing chassis and camera technology that accompanies the new vehicle.

The more I look at the MKS at it from this site... the more I like it... or maybe it is the less that I dislike it.:confused:

Funny observation.... Ford is removing many of the buttons from the Center Console, but adding them to the steering wheel.

The steering wheel is starting to look like a Instrument Panel from a aircraft.

How many buttons and switches are to many?