Ford's New Ad Slogan: Go Further

I can already see the marketing campaign with a carousel of words to follow "Go". Go...Faster, Smarter, Smoother, Quieter, Bolder etc... and ultimately ending with the unifying theme of "Further".

Kind of what I was thinking as well. Of course, Nissan already did something similar with that odd shift_drive thing.

I was just about to say that. It was strange going to NJ for the first time and seeing nothing but Pepsi with no Coca-cola in sight.

Where were you in Jersey? I call BS on this one!

Oh and we call it Soda....well at least when I was in NJ...not sure what they call it in backwoods MD where I'm at now ;)

Fountain drink??

It always makes me think of that George Lopez skit.

Man is at drivethrough window and hispanic woman is working the window.

"Yes, may I please find out what fountain drinks you offer?"

"Fountain drink??"

"Yes, you know, a fountain drink."

"What is this, this fountain drink."

"It is a fountain drink."

(mumbling in spanish)

"I be right back."

(goes and talks to another worker)

"SODA!! You mean a soda??!!! What you think I am?? A stupid??!!"

Fountain drink??

It always makes me think of that George Lopez skit.

Man is at drivethrough window and hispanic woman is working the window.

"Yes, may I please find out what fountain drinks you offer?"

"Fountain drink??"

"Yes, you know, a fountain drink."

"What is this, this fountain drink."

"It is a fountain drink."

(mumbling in spanish)

"I be right back."

(goes and talks to another worker)

"SODA!! You mean a soda??!!! What you think I am?? A stupid??!!"

:lol: He included that skit in his sitcom too. Also:

"You like a fren' fry?"

"A what?"

"Fren' fry! Fren' fry! ¡Papa frita!"

:lol:

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

This was in the early 90s so it had to have been around Middletown/Red Bank and Newark. I distinctly remember the soda machines in the hotels and airport being Pepsi only. Haven't been there much lately (thank goodness) so it's probably different now.

Of course being in the South we grew up more on sweet tea than soda. But the store I worked at in high school and college had an old bottled soda coke machine where you pulled out the bottle. They were ice cold and soooooo good on a hot day. And they were only 25 cents (back in 1980).

This was in the early 90s so it had to have been around Middletown/Red Bank and Newark. I distinctly remember the soda machines in the hotels and airport being Pepsi only. Haven't been there much lately (thank goodness) so it's probably different now.

Well I lived 20 minutes from the Middletown/Red Bank area till this past September...i'm sure that it was because of licencing agreements and just dumb luck that you saw nothing but Pepsi machines... or they where just different from the Coke machines thus they stuck out in your mind more...

Its not that bad there...Newark...maybe...but Middletown and Red Bank (well recently) is pretty nice....but very expensive to live there (hello 10K+ a year property taxes!)

Well I lived 20 minutes from the Middletown/Red Bank area till this past September...i'm sure that it was because of licencing agreements and just dumb luck that you saw nothing but Pepsi machines... or they where just different from the Coke machines thus they stuck out in your mind more...

Its not that bad there...Newark...maybe...but Middletown and Red Bank (well recently) is pretty nice....but very expensive to live there (hello 10K+ a year property taxes!)

I also heard at the time that Pepsi was simply more popular in the NorthEast than Coke so it made sense.

Ever eat at "What's your beef?" in Rumson? My favorite steakhouse of all time. You don't order off the menu - you tell the guy at the grill what type of steak you want and he pulls out a hunk of meat and asks where you want it cut. Stings a little when you get the bill but man is it good. Not to mention the chocolate mousse pie.

Pop.

But then you could guess that based on the surprisingly accurate popvssoda.com website and my location.

Also I loved philosophy and did an extensive senior paper on Heidegger's Being and Time.

When I lived In Minnesota, we called it pop. Here in North Texas, we call it Coke, even if it's Pepsi. Driving from here to Minnesota along I-35, it seems to transition from Coke to Soda around Wichita, Kansas and from Soda to Pop around Des Moines, Iowa.

Edited by NLPRacing

When I lived In Minnesota, we called it pop. Here in North Texas, we call it Coke, even if it's Pepsi. Driving from here to Minnesota along I-35, it seems to transition from Coke to Soda around Wichita, Kansas and from Soda to Pop around Des Moines, Iowa.

http://popvssoda.com/images/bigdrawn.gif

Curious. You must pick your spots carefully, as this map suggests it goes straight to 'pop' for most people, with a smattering of soda-ites up to KC.

I've been across Canada (Except Newfoundland) and to the Great White North (North of Edmonton) and I've always heard 'Pop' and 'Coke'(Inevitably, the waiter/waitress asks if Pepsi is okay). I hear 'Soda' or 'Cola', it's usually someone from America. Exception: 'Club Soda'

Oh and we call it Soda....well at least when I was in NJ...not sure what they call it in backwoods MD where I'm at now ;)

Soda in any part of MD I've been to.

Where did you end up moving down here? (that was you that PMed me a few months back asking about the area, right?)