'13 Malibu 2.0L Turbo 269HP

ANTAUS

Wonder how the Fusions will stack up,...suddenly 240HP isn't looking too hot...

We shall see. If the fuel economy is better, being a tick or two slower 0-60 isn't going to lose them any customers. Of course, without any instrumented testing, we don't even know that it's going to be slower either.

I think the torque curve is better on the Fusion 2.0L but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I agree that fuel economy is more important than a few hp or tenths of a second in a mainstream midsized sedan. If it's slower and doesn't get better fuel economy then that will be disappointing.

• Like 1

Maybe Ford is doing the same thing they did with the 6.7 diesel when it came out. Draw GM out with under inflated hp and torque numbers to see what the competition has in store. They fell for it once and GM is pretty stupid so why not twice? Even if hp and torque are not as good, the Fusion is no doubt the better looking of the two cars. I think it looks fantastic. I've been looking to dump my Buick for something and I think the new Fusion could be it.

Maybe Ford is doing the same thing they did with the 6.7 diesel when it came out. Draw GM out with under inflated hp and torque numbers to see what the competition has in store. They fell for it once and GM is pretty stupid so why not twice? Even if hp and torque are not as good, the Fusion is no doubt the better looking of the two cars. I think it looks fantastic. I've been looking to dump my Buick for something and I think the new Fusion could be it.

I don't think Ford was trying to be crafty with the 6.7L... otherwise the first production trucks would have shipped with the 400/800 tune.

Something just seems off about the 2.0 EB. Lower compression and lower HP/liter than the other EB motors.

• Like 1

I don't think Ford was trying to be crafty with the 6.7L... otherwise the first production trucks would have shipped with the 400/800 tune.

Something just seems off about the 2.0 EB. Lower compression and lower HP/liter than the other EB motors.

So you don't think they had the 400/800 tune ready (or close to it) when the original numbers were released? You don't just bump the numbers up by 10 HP and 65 ft-lbs without a lot of testing.

I'm guessing the 2.0 EB is turned for better fuel economy and the 3.5 EB is tuned to show that you can truly replace a V8 with a V6 while still getting better fuel economy, especially in the F150. Ford HAD to keep the numbers up to win over truck buyers.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how a 2.7 V6 Ecoboost stacks up, 320 hp and around 360 lb ft is going to have broad appeal.

V6 AWD Fusion/Taurus could be the next SHO especially if the weight is down around 3700 lbs...

I can see sales of Fusion and Malibu increasing as Ford and GM go after market share,

and IMO, this is the pick of car segment to be in and Taurus/Impala will be extensions of it.

Edited by jpd80

• 3 weeks later...