2013 Fusion Titanium on Ebay Motors Facebook page

Looks great! If what Dean is saying about the brown not available on the Titanium, I still ask the question why is black all you can get on the top trim Fords these days? Not everyone wants black.....returning to the days of 'you can get it in any color as long it's black" I guess lol....

Edited by rmc523

Looks great! If what Dean is saying about the brown not available on the Titanium, I still as the question why is black all you can get on the top trim Fords these days? Not everyone wants black.....returning to the days of 'you can get it in any color as long it's black" I guess lol....

I question it too, ESPECIALLY in the resurgence I have seen regarding lighter interiors being requested in the Edge and Explorer.....
  • Like 1

Well take this with a grain of salt but I was talking to one my my neighbors (he had a C-max and I stopped to talk to him about it, and I saw a 2013 Fusion over there a few weeks ago) today when I was out for my run and he was saying the 2013 Fusion was going to be a shorter model year and that 2014 will launch early next spring when Flat Rock Starts production. He said there will be other exclusive models that will be built at Flat Rock and that Mexico will build Hybrid and Energi Models, he wouldn't say if that was a wagon/hatch/ST. He also said that some changes to packages and even more content is coming in the 2014 model year and that more colors combinations could become available.

Ford knows if they want to play in the high volume numbers 300K+ it needs to have many more choices available - they also want to reduce the time for custom ordered cars so that customers can get exactly what they want. People that order their car vs buying one off the lot tend to score the vehicle much higher on quality surveys and are more likely to be repeat brand buyers, Ford is expecting a lot of volume out of the Fusion.

The plan is that Mexico will make regular gas vehicles for West and South East, Flat Rock vehicles for the Midwest, Northeast and Canada. There also is possibility a MKZ Energi may be launched sooner than later.

Edited by jasonj80

Well take this with a grain of salt but I was talking to one my my neighbors (he had a C-max and I stopped to talk to him about it, and I saw a 2013 Fusion over there a few weeks ago) today when I was out for my run and he was saying the 2013 Fusion was going to be a shorter model year and that 2014 will launch early next spring when Flat Rock Starts production. He said there will be other exclusive models that will be built at Flat Rock and that Mexico will build Hybrid and Energi Models, he wouldn't say if that was a wagon/hatch/ST. He also said that some changes to packages and even more content is coming in the 2014 model year and that more colors combinations could become available.

With production split between two plants, I imagine that would make it quite a bit easier for them to produce more combinations more efficiently.

I question it too, ESPECIALLY in the resurgence I have seen regarding lighter interiors being requested in the Edge and Explorer.....

Glad to hear that coming from someone who sells them. I guess since there's no option people like me would have to go with black interior if choosing the top trim. Aside from simply preferring the lighter/two tone look, black interiors are so hot down here, especially in the summertime. My dad is facing this dilemma right now - he wants to get a new '13 F-150 (really likes the Raptor, but feels for everyday use the ride/noise won't be as comfortable as the other trims, and he wants the EB35 which isn't available on the Raptor) and he usually gets the top trim available. His current '04 is a Lariat (top trim then) and had most of the options at the time. He likes how the new Limited looks but doesn't like the black/red interior. The Limited model, I might add, used to essentially be a white/tan interior Harley F-150....I guess since there's no Harley this year that means they had to give it black interior? Even the Platinum interior dropped the stone (or whatever the lighter color was called) interior for 2013 - your options? Black and a dark brown? I mean come on.....I'm not sure if they are but it wouldn't surprise me if the King Ranch models were now a black interior environment with the chaparral seats, unlike they used to be. I guess it's easier for Ford to build one color interior on these trucks but I think they're taking it a bit too far.

Well that's my rant for the day lol :soapbox:

black interiors are so hot down here, especially in the summertime.

This seems to largely be an exaggerated issue that has been propogated as truth for so long that most everyone takes it as gospel. However, I've seen several studies on this recently and the average temperature variation between a white car with tan interior and a black car with black interior left out in the sun typically fell somewhere in the 5-8 degree range. Not exactly a staggering difference.

This seems to largely be an exaggerated issue that has been propogated as truth for so long that most everyone takes it as gospel. However, I've seen several studies on this recently and the average temperature variation between a white car with tan interior and a black car with black interior left out in the sun typically fell somewhere in the 5-8 degree range. Not exactly a staggering difference.

The surface temperature of a black car is hotter, and the surface of the material for a black interior is hotter, but other than that, the differences are negligible.

The surface temperature of a black car is hotter, and the surface of the material for a black interior is hotter, but other than that, the differences are negligible.

Even the differences in surface temperature probably aren't as dramatic as most might assume.

My dad is facing this dilemma right now - he wants to get a new '13 F-150 (really likes the Raptor, but feels for everyday use the ride/noise won't be as comfortable as the other trims, and he wants the EB35 which isn't available on the Raptor) and he usually gets the top trim available.

The Ride in the Raptor is fantastic -- actually better than the regular f-150 the suspension has more travel and is much softer. The turn radius isn't that bad as you just drive over whatever when you turn around though sometimes parking lots are a challange. Noise however is loud on the freeway as the engine is just running at a high RPM and the exhaust is loud. Driving at 80 you'll keep the radio up. Trust me though -- tell him to get the Raptor, he will smile every time he drives it. I really want the 2013 Projector Headlights for mine.

The reason i didn't buy a Ford Edge Sport is because the interior was only available in black. However I will say that most Fords with lighter interiors don't use high quality leather so they age badly, especially in cars below the Edge or Taurus. Lighter colors hold up better in my Lincolns for example.

Edited by BORG

The reason i didn't buy a Ford Edge Sport is because the interior was only available in black. However I will say that most Fords with lighter interiors don't use high quality leather so they age badly, especially in cars below the Edge or Taurus. Lighter colors hold up better in my Lincolns for example.

Leather still looks just fine in my Edge so far, TYVM. :P

And FWIW, if I ended up in an MKX, I would have opted for a black interior in that also. I am struck by the lighter interior in the new MKZ though.

Edited by NickF1011

Ford knows if they want to play in the high volume numbers 300K+ it needs to have many more choices available - they also want to reduce the time for custom ordered cars so that customers can get exactly what they want. People that order their car vs buying one off the lot tend to score the vehicle much higher on quality surveys and are more likely to be repeat brand buyers, Ford is expecting a lot of volume out of the Fusion.

The plan is that Mexico will make regular gas vehicles for West and South East, Flat Rock vehicles for the Midwest, Northeast and Canada. There also is possibility a MKZ Energi may be launched sooner than later.

those exclusive models may be the ST model?....still lusting for a version of the AWD 3.5 eco mule.and a halo car in the Fusion line would IMO be a GOOD thing.. Edited by Deanh

Well maybe its more personal preference than the heat being an "actual" issue. Point still stands that not everyone wants a black interior.

The Ride in the Raptor is fantastic -- actually better than the regular f-150 the suspension has more travel and is much softer. The turn radius isn't that bad as you just drive over whatever when you turn around though sometimes parking lots are a challange. Noise however is loud on the freeway as the engine is just running at a high RPM and the exhaust is loud. Driving at 80 you'll keep the radio up. Trust me though -- tell him to get the Raptor, he will smile every time he drives it. I really want the 2013 Projector Headlights for mine.

I'd rather he get a Raptor than the Limited as well.....this one (but a 2013 with the HIDs like you mentioned):

raptor.png

but we'll see. Like I also mentioned, the EcoBoost motor is also a factor, which isn't available on the Raptor (my mom has a 2010 Flex w/ EcoBoost and he loves it lol).

Here's his current one if you all are curious:

f-150.jpg

f-150-2.jpg

And of course the Whipple supercharger lol....

f-150-4.jpg

Notice the tan interior haha

7e091918.jpg

Edited by rmc523

those exclusive models may be the ST model?....still lusting for a version of the AWD 3.5 eco mule.and a halo car in the Fusion line would IMO be a GOOD thing..

I would guess ST the time table makes sense too -- ST gets shown in LA/Detroit/Chicago and production for 2014. I still haven't seen a Fusion/Mondeo Wagon or Hatch yet though. either of those could be interesting additions to the midsized market. I think a Fusion Wagon could finally give Subaru owners an alternative, and would be a big seller in Canada. I'm always amazed when I'm over there how many Passat and BMW wagons I see.