New Expedition, Navigator greenlit

I know someone who built a garage addition yet didn't take their trunks size into consideration. And the difference is just ONE INCH...so being it's concrete block construction he was able to make up for it by removing the furring strips, insulation or drywall which is how he was able to fit it in with 1/2 inch to spare. So literally he "hits" the wall and thats how he knows he can close his garage door. Oh yeah he also had to get rid of the vanity plate on the truck, that was another inch gained.

I have a 3-car garage and I can park an Edge, MKX, and F-150 in there, but the big problem is width, all three of those vehicles are extra wide.

Most of my neighbors park in the garage, those that don't are hoarders.

Edited by BORG

My garage has character, I put in shower heads over the one of the parking spots, thats my "car wash". I have a elementary school across the street so as the parents are waiting to pickup their kids, some have stopped over in awe just looking at how I was easily able to make that happen.

I'm amazed at how many people hoard so much worthless crap in their garage. Here they have a car on the driveway, in the full FL sun in which they are making monthly payments on, and it's depreciating yet their garage has a bunch of useless worthless junk being protected. Even with the rentals I have nearby, I would say just 5 of them park inside the garage...geesh....

We have a 2.5 car garage, with an additional parking "pad" up beside the garage, as well as parking for 3 across in the driveway. Escape lives in the garage, along with Cozy Coupes, Power Wheels, strollers, and bikes. I have a workshop area out there as well. Fusion is fine to stay in the driveway.

At our last place, which those of you with whom I'm Facebook friends remember as "the house with the awful neighbors", we never once got a car in the garage. We lost so much square footage in the move that we never downsized our stuff to fit the house. Thankfully we made it all up, and then some, with the house we just bought.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

I'm amazed at how many people hoard so much worthless crap in their garage. Here they have a car on the driveway, in the full FL sun in which they are making monthly payments on, and it's depreciating yet their garage has a bunch of useless worthless junk being protected. Even with the rentals I have nearby, I would say just 5 of them park inside the garage...geesh....

That was the number one thing I wanted in a house besides a basement....was a 2 car garage. My garage fits my Mustang and Escape with no problem, and I even have a little space left over to store stuff and put a nice wheeled toolbox to work off of.

In the neighborhood I live in, I'd say less then 25% of the people park in their garages. I even have a guy who has a CLS down the street (assuming its a lease, since houses where I live at start only at 220K) is sitting out in his driveway. My house is nicer then the newer units being put in, since I got a hell of a deal on it since it was built in the height of the Recession and was vacant for nearly 2 years.

We have a single-car garage in the house and that is where the Flex goes. The downstairs garage is too small to fit my truck so it has bikes and such and is my workshop.

My truck goes next to my utility trailer, tractor, ATV, and our fifth wheel in our detached, 3-bay garage. Some people are thrown off by the 12' wide x 14' tall garage door on the lower bay. "Do you have a semi?" "No, it's for our fifth wheel." :)

Edited by fordmantpw
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Any body heard any updates concerning the next Expedition recently?

I've been wondering...

Do most people in your neighborhoods park in the garage?

We only have one car garages in our neighborhood so only a couple people park inside.

A lot of people do and a lot of people don't, it's about 50/50. Most of the houses have at least a 2 car garage and some have 3. I have a "2 + 1" type setup. When I built my house, I made sure the 2 car garage could fit an 2000 E150 and 2001 F150 SuperCrew and the 3rd car stall was my "man cave" for the race car. Currently the Mustang is in the "man cave" (which is more of a sh!t collector) and the 2 car side has too many bikes & riding toys to fit a vehicle in it on a regular basis. But, in case of a pending hail storm, all the crap gets slid to one side and the Expedition EL goes in.

Any body heard any updates concerning the next Expedition recently?

Job 1 for the 2014 is middle of Aug - I don't see there being any big changes. Unless Ford decided to launch the next platform with the Expedition to work out any issues that might come up by the time the F-150 comes out next year.

Seems to me I read somewhere that Orkin (or one of the big extermination companies) is planning on switching to the TC. But maybe I'm mis-remembering...

THAT will be interesting , as one of the reasons they used the Pickups was total seperation of drivers from hazardous chemicals....

Edited by Deanh

• 1 month later...

Not sure about the engines in the first post, but the Arlington Heights Ford link is complete BS. I'm pretty sure this is the same dealership that wrote that the Escape Hybrid was coming back for 2014. They invent rumors and thinly disguise them as facts.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Coyote mill appear in the Expedition and Navigator in 2014, 2015 at the outside--I bet Ford wants to drop production of the old Mod Motors ASAP, and the Expedition, Navigator, and E-Series are the last hold-outs.

Especially with E-series van going by the wayside. They accounted for the bulk of remaining mod motor usage. Don't the remaining E-series cutaways only use the 6.8 V10 or the Powerstroke?