Upgrade SE Tail lights?

deadman64

I agree they could have differentiated them somehow but they can't do that with every single small difference between trim levels. That's why it's risky to buy a pre-production vehicle before you ever see it in person.

I didn't buy the Fusion based on the pre-production model, I ordered the car after seeing them in person at the dealership. I have a bad memory but I swear I remember the SE lighting up the whole tail Light when opening the door, so I'm not sure what happened. If I get some time in the bear future I'll stop by the dealership and check again.

• Like 1

I didn't buy the Fusion based on the pre-production model, I ordered the car after seeing them in person at the dealership. I have a bad memory but I swear I remember the SE lighting up the whole tail Light when opening the door, so I'm not sure what happened. If I get some time in the bear future I'll stop by the dealership and check again.

Please do.

I did the Ford online chat yesterday and they told me the SE tail lights were the same as the Titanium. I know we should take their info with a grain of salt (and all the pictures people have posted say otherwise). But they also told me SE with the 2.0L will have dual exhaust and they were correct in that case....

Please do.

I did the Ford online chat yesterday and they told me the SE tail lights were the same as the Titanium. I know we should take their info with a grain of salt (and all the pictures people have posted say otherwise). But they also told me SE with the 2.0L will have dual exhaust and they were correct in that case....

Who from Ford was doing the live chat?

And where did the live chat take place, is there a link with the history of the conversations?

OK, I just picked up my 2010 Furion from the dealer today - I had it detailed. I looked at both the Titanium and SE as they had both in the showroom. Two salesmen stepped on the brakes and I really couldn't tell the difference.

Its actually not the brake lights. They are supposedly different when the parking lights or headlights are on.

SE tail lamp illumination with headlamps turned on

2013-Ford-Fusion-Hybrid_6.jpg

Titanium tail light illumination with head lights on (I had to use a Mondeo as google search only produced

pre-production SE models showing the LED outer lens strip as offered only on production Titanium trim)

2013-Ford-Mondeo-Paris-2012-01-640x424.jpg

Brake lighting illumination is the same on both Titanium and SE

IMG_3011.jpg

The SE illumination design is quite nice and creative. Just too bad Ford decided not to show any images showing that their is

a different set up between the trim lines.

With auto makers using LED exterior lighting design as another way to recognize the brand in a very distinct way, I do find it odd that Ford is

not focusing it more in its marketing material.

You have to admit that Audi,Volvo, Kia, Hyundai and others are quite easy to recognize in the dead of night, with the styling they are using with their LED exterior lighting.

Brand identity is a big thing for any product, and I would image the people in charge of how Ford plans to use LED exterior lighting will have a plan on how the illumination pattern will establish the Blue Oval products.

Edited by MKII

I wish Ford would have allowed a guy like me to order the upgraded tail lights. That would be a Titanium with the optional "brake pedal in the middle" feature. :rockon: Seriously, I'm already very pleased that the "optional" stick is available in the SE again with high trim level options.

Save the manuals!