2015 Mustang clay models

Some interesting stuff. but those background photos are obliviously shots of the 2013 Fusion styling development. If those photos where taken in 2010, there is alot of changes that most likely happened between now and then. The final car doesn't get locked in till about 18 months before production starts, which by my time table assuming a Summer 2014 launch means the car wasn't styling wised nailed down till late 2012.

Some interesting stuff. but those background photos are obliviously shots of the 2013 Fusion styling development. If those photos where taken in 2010, there is alot of changes that most likely happened between now and then. The final car doesn't get locked in till about 18 months before production starts, which by my time table assuming a Summer 2014 launch means the car wasn't styling wised nailed down till late 2012.

Some of the photos show the 427 concept too. They may have past projects on the wall for inspiration. I hope they go with a modern version of tradition like Porsche does with the 911 and they do not throw the baby out with the bathwater. These clay models give me hope.

Those clay models do look pretty raw though. Many of the front and rear details will be defined very late in the design cycle, but I think the overall profile and stance get locked in relatively early, since many of the aspects of those design elements are dictated by hard points that need to be engineered into the vehicle structure.

A couple of the posters comment on how the fastback design is Mach 1 inspired. LOL! I guess they don't realize that the Mach 1 was bodywise just a fatback mustang.

Yeah, but it was probably the trim level most associated with the fastback body style. Probably all they are getting at with it.

In the comment section they bring up the fact the one of the models has Lincoln symbols embedded in the clay, could this be the Lincoln personal coupe as well?

That's exceedingly unlikely. Even if it had been at the time, it would no longer be--that would be done in Lincoln's studio under Wolff's direction, and it's unlikely that anything done under his direction would bear that much resemblance to a Mustang. Personally, I think someone was just seeing a false pattern in the random marks in the clay--the "Lincoln star" in the clay is too far off center to be an actual Lincoln star, IMHO.

Edited by SoonerLS

In the comment section they bring up the fact the one of the models has Lincoln symbols embedded in the clay, could this be the Lincoln personal coupe as well?

The "symbols" look more like unintentional scrapes in the clay.

But yeah, overall, nothing to see here. If they are anything at all, they are verrrrrry early models.