MKC Final Form Pics

In talking to the guys here, they interpret it to leave in some pad room to account for customers' whose needs aren't met by the available Lincoln loaner... Let's say a guy brings in his Mark LT for service and isn't happy with the MKZ they try to give him.. A lot of times, he'd probably be happier with a truck off the used lot.

You know a guy with a Mark LT?? :poke:

Reminds me...there's a Mark LT I see around sometimes on my commute. It's vinyl wrapped in forest camo. :hysterical:

Edited by NickF1011

You know a guy with a Mark LT?? :poke:

Reminds me...there's a Mark LT I see around sometimes on my commute. It's vinyl wrapped in forest camo. :hysterical:

They're still quite common up here, although you have to be careful. It's not unusual to see a Mark LT grille followed up with F-150 badges on the rest of the truck.

We just got back from Mexico, and our resort was in a small, gated town surrounded mostly by expensive vacation homes... There were at least 5 of the 2009+ Mark LTs around us!

Edited by PREMiERdrum

It would also allow for an occasional rush of clients that exceeds the size of the loaner fleet. If you only get more than 8 simultaneous clients a couple of times per year it's probably not worth having 2 or 3 extra vehicles that sit idle the rest of the year.

Seems the Lexus, Infiniti, and BMW dealers near me never have a problem with that.

Because the Lexus, Infiniti, and BMW dealerships near me are all stand-alone dealerships and I've never seen a Toyota, Nissan, or Mini driving around with their dealership loaner decals on the back windows like all of their other loaners do.

They wouldn't have decals - they'd be loaners rented from Enterprise, etc. and you wouldn't know they were loaners.

They wouldn't have decals - they'd be loaners rented from Enterprise, etc. and you wouldn't know they were loaners.

Eh as was said, a local BMW dealer here gives an enterprise rental when bringing the car in for service and there were none available (which seems like every time).

That just strikes me as....weird.

That just strikes me as....weird.

Why? If you were a dealer would you buy 2 extra loaner cars that sit unused 363 days a year? And nobody said the rentals were corollas - I'm sure they would be upscale vehicles. They just wouldn't necessarily be a Lincoln.

Not to mention the folks who want a truck or other non Lincoln vehicle.

Why? If you were a dealer would you buy 2 extra loaner cars that sit unused 363 days a year? And nobody said the rentals were corollas - I'm sure they would be upscale vehicles. They just wouldn't necessarily be a Lincoln.

Not saying it's not a better deal for the dealers. Just not something I would have expected, that's all. I sure hope they'd still be upscale vehicles. I think I recall someone posting on here that the loaner vehicle they got at a Lincoln dealer was a Focus. That's inexcusable.

I think I recall someone posting on here that the loaner vehicle they got at a Lincoln dealer was a Focus. That's inexcusable.

I don't know if I've posted it here, but I did get a Focus as a loaner once while my LS was in the shop. My service adviser wasn't happy about it when she found out, but I didn't really care--I liked taking the extended test drives in different cars. As a matter of fact, I only got a Lincoln as a loaner once; that was a Town Car, and it was tied for my least favorite loaner with an '06 Taurus that sounded like its Vulcan had been replaced with a chainsaw coupled to the transaxle by a can of pebbles. I think my favorite loaner was either the '10 Fusion or '09-ish Mustang (V6), and the Focus was somewhere in the middle of the pack.

I don't know if I've posted it here, but I did get a Focus as a loaner once while my LS was in the shop. My service adviser wasn't happy about it when she found out, but I didn't really care--I liked taking the extended test drives in different cars. As a matter of fact, I only got a Lincoln as a loaner once; that was a Town Car, and it was tied for my least favorite loaner with an '06 Taurus that sounded like its Vulcan had been replaced with a chainsaw coupled to the transaxle by a can of pebbles. I think my favorite loaner was either the '10 Fusion or '09-ish Mustang (V6), and the Focus was somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Well, pretty easy to understand why you didn't like the Town Car. Must have felt like driving a city bus compared to your LS.

Usually Enterprise is what rents out the loaner if I choose to use one if they are doing some late day service that they gotta keep it overnight. So one time the lady stands in front of me, "We have a Corolla", I'm like "NO I value my life", then shes like "We have an Elantra" I'm like 'Hm no I value my life and have them boycotted", then shes like "A Chevy Sonic", I'm like "Please thats a go kart", then she tells me "A Toyota Camry" I'm like "Look I understand we are on the set of the movie Cocoon here at the Lincoln dealership, but I'm not driving that turd, I want a Ford"...Anyhow my service advisor came by and I tell him "Shes offering me cheap, deadly, foreign products with decade or 2 engineering"...so he looked at the screen tells her I'm premier, and then suddenly doors open. She did offer an F150 and ironically I needed to do some yard work so took that. Now I personally dont have a problem being offered other Fords to rent, but I will tell you my mother has a fit at Benz when she brings in a CL for repair of course, and they want her to drive out on a "C-Class" which she always turns down. Lincoln might need to address this.

Bahaha, no....I wouldn't call vehicles such as a Pontiac G6 or a Camry "upscale" lolol. My folks got a VW CC once (the dealer group has a VW dealer right nextdoor), and the most recent time had a 5-series loaner.

Bahaha, no....I wouldn't call vehicles such as a Pontiac G6 or a Camry "upscale" lolol. My folks got a VW CC once (the dealer group has a VW dealer right nextdoor), and the most recent time had a 5-series loaner.

Who says Lincoln will be giving G6s and Camrys as loaners? This is a new Lincoln policy so you can't go by past transgressions. In the past Lincoln didn't even guarantee a loaner much less a Lincoln loaner. All dealers should have a fleet of Lincoln loaners which they did not have before.

• Like 1

Who says Lincoln will be giving G6s and Camrys as loaners? This is a new Lincoln policy so you can't go by past transgressions. In the past Lincoln didn't even guarantee a loaner much less a Lincoln loaner. All dealers should have a fleet of Lincoln loaners which they did not have before.

My apologies....RJ was right, I was referring to my parents' experience with a local BMW dealer.

I agree, however, that in the event there isn't a Lincoln loaner available, that some sort of upscale rental/loaner should be given. To me, in order to fix the brand's reputation, you can't cut corners, and while certain luxury brand customers may not notice or say "oh that's so nice they give me a Lincoln loaner vehicle," they surely will notice if they get stuck in some plain-jane rental.

My apologies....RJ was right, I was referring to my parents' experience with a local BMW dealer.

I agree, however, that in the event there isn't a Lincoln loaner available, that some sort of upscale rental/loaner should be given. To me, in order to fix the brand's reputation, you can't cut corners, and while certain luxury brand customers may not notice or say "oh that's so nice they give me a Lincoln loaner vehicle," they surely will notice if they get stuck in some plain-jane rental.

Agreed.

If they offered me the MKT, I think I would take a Focus before taking that out. Just like when they would offer me the Town Car, or Grand Maquis I'm like "hmmm No sorry, just because the waiting lobby looks like the set of the movie Cocoon, it doesnt mean I need to drive their sleigh of choice".