MKC Final Form Pics

^ interesting phrasing there, Jr.f

unsure.gif

I don't think Ford has made a decision yet on the next Explorer but personally, I don't see D3 sticking around for the long haul. If you add up the volume of Explorer, Flex, Territory, and MKT, you are still talking about way under 1 million units annually, which I believe is what the auto industry considers the magic volume where unique platform starts to make sense. The combined volume of all these SUV name plates is also paradoxically too high to take a "boutique" approach that Ford is doing with Mustang.

WHAT IF we/they take the only volume model, the Explorer (as it goes CD4+), out of that equation,

add one-or-both Interceptors,

& consolidate all production to one plant?

Could that work for a nextgen D3/4?

Looks like 2.0 and 2.4 L fours will be the only choices. 200 and 240 hp respectively.

Heh. Looks like the 2.3 is an all new engine - I don't believe Ford currently makes a V4. ;)

Interesting that the MkZ is listed as having a "High Output" and "Low Output" 2.0 Ecoboost.

Edited by sullynd

I'm not convinced that a reguarily aspirated 2.3I4 will find its way into the MKC...but I could see the EcoBoost version going in there. But I am intrigued that this evidence possibly supports my theory that a base 2.3I4 will replace the 2.5I4 in the Fusion and Escape, etc.

I'm not convinced that a reguarily aspirated 2.3I4 will find its way into the MKC...but I could see the EcoBoost version going in there. But I am intrigued that this evidence possibly supports my theory that a base 2.3I4 will replace the 2.5I4 in the Fusion and Escape, etc.

The as yet released 2.3L I-4 is listed as having 200HP...if it is indeed naturally aspirated then it would trump the current 2.5L I-4 with a rated 175HP would pale in comparison....possibly the 2.3L has direct gas injection without the turbo?

Heh. Looks like the 2.3 is an all new engine - I don't believe Ford currently makes a V4. ;)

Interesting that the MkZ is listed as having a "High Output" and "Low Output" 2.0 Ecoboost.

Fusion has a low output 2.0T engine code too. Kind of strange to have another version in between 2.5 I4 (175hp), 1.5T (should be around 175hp), 1.6T (178hp), and the existing 2.0T (240). The only thing I can think of is that the low output 2.0T is for export markets where Ford does have a 200hp version of the 2.0T and where CO2 emission tax makes such things very important.

The as yet released 2.3L I-4 is listed as having 200HP...if it is indeed naturally aspirated then it would trump the current 2.5L I-4 with a rated 175HP would pale in comparison....possibly the 2.3L has direct gas injection without the turbo?

If 2.3 is a new design, then I'm sure direct injection is a given. However, as I noted in the post above... Ford could easily just use the 200hp version of the 2.0T as base engine. The only reason why they'd want 2.3 is if it is Ecoboost and an optional engine above the 2.0T.

And considering Ford's target with MKC, I would think they will NEED a more powerful engine than the 2.0 (240hp) Ecoboost.

Edited by bzcat

If 2.3 is a new design, then I'm sure direct injection is a given. However, as I noted in the post above... Ford could easily just use the 200hp version of the 2.0T as base engine. The only reason why they'd want 2.3 is if it is Ecoboost and an optional engine above the 2.0T.

And considering Ford's target with MKC, I would think they will NEED a more powerful engine than the 2.0 (240hp) Ecoboost.

I have a naturally aspirated 2.5L / six speed auto set up in my 2012 Fusion SEL...it is more than adequate for daily driving and it gets good MPG's too....I could see the new 2.3L naturally aspirated with a 7-8 speed trans as the new "volume unit" for Ford and Lincoln....

It's official:

http://now.lincoln.com/2013/11/introducing-the-2015-lincoln-mkc/#prclt-PTvJ1uiH

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2015-lincoln-mkc-photos-and-info-news

a few interesting features:

2.3 EB 275hp/300ft-lb

illuminated door handles

mirrors project the lincoln logo on the ground at night

new higher quality "deep soft" leather

$33,995 base price

On display at the LA Auto Show.

Edited by jesster1228

The Seating profile is different than the Escape You sit Lower in the new Seats. It Shares none of the Escape Sheet Metal. The Fininsh on the inside is Way Nice wood Grain and all. Oh and push Button Shifting no Shifter On this One. And Yes Today is the Unveiling of it.

Edited by Jr.f

The Seating profile is different than the Escape You sit Lower in the new Seats. It Shares none of the Escape Sheet Metal. The Fininsh on the inside is Way Nice wood Grain and all. Oh and push Button Shifting no Shifter On this One. And Yes Today is the Unveiling of it.

Hopefully, this is the Lincoln that ends the "gussied up Ford" taunts...

Edited by jpd80

Hopefully, this is the Lincoln that ends the "gussied up Ford" taunts...

Unlikely. The first review noted its Ford platform mates already. Meanwhile they give a pass to Cadillac (again) for its "brand-exclusive" platforms (you mean until the new Camaro comes out, right??).

Overall though, a fairly kind first appraisal. This detail bugged me though:

A panoramic sunroof is an extra-cost option, as is leather upholstery. Vinyl surfaces are standard.

Unlikely. The first review noted its Ford platform mates already. Meanwhile they give a pass to Cadillac (again) for its "brand-exclusive" platforms (you mean until the new Camaro comes out, right??).

Overall though, a fairly kind first appraisal. This detail bugged me though:

The average buyer doesn't give a hoot about platform sharing, as long as there is sufficient differentiation in exterior and interior styling between the vehicles in question, and some difference in the driving experience. This vehicle looks nothing like an Escape to me.

A panoramic sunroof is an extra-cost option, as is leather upholstery. Vinyl surfaces are standard.

Does this mean we have to stop complaining about BMW doing it? Harumph.

OTOH, hopefully this means they are trying to be aggressive with pricing to keep this thing moving at all levels. As long as it doesn't have stupid little spacers where the "upper trim" fog lights go, a la the "luxury" SRX, I'll be fine.

The average buyer doesn't give a hoot about platform sharing, as long as there is sufficient differentiation in exterior and interior styling between the vehicles in question, and some difference in the driving experience. This vehicle looks nothing like an Escape to me.

It doesn't share one dimension with the Escape either, except perhaps the wheelbase?