MKC Final Form Pics

Definitely on my list.....wanting a CUV, but Escape just doesn't do it for me....this on the other hand.....I likey....A LOT!

Ditto (for the wife). She had an Aviator and likes Lincolns (I had a LS years ago) but the MKX just didn't work back in 08 so we got an Edge. I could live with the Escape but the MKC is so much nicer to me (and to her I think).

There are dash photos included in this older set:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lincoln-mkc.html

I just want them to release the details already! I know I want this to be my next car, but it only works for me if there's a hybrid available in the first half of next year. With all the early termination offers and 2013 clearance specials they are throwing out, it's becoming increasingly hard to wait.

But that won't stop the negatards from calling it a "tarted up" Escape, will it?

That's because Ford - unlike Toyota/Lexus, VW/Audi and Chevrolet/Cadillac - is not allowed to use the same basic platform for two vehicles sold under two brands. Every Lincoln must be built on a platform specifically designed for that vehicle, and shared with no other Ford Motor Company vehicle.

It must offer the acceleration of a Ferrari, the handling of a Porsche and the fit-and-finish of Lexus. And it can't cost more than the competition.

If it doesn't make any money...Ford can be comforted by the thought that the buff books and internet enthusiasts loved it for at least 10 minutes after the official reveal at the auto show.

Edited by grbeck
  • Like 6

Little less camo, and still not impressed, but to be fair I'll wait for the final production version before final judgement is made.

So no one gets this wrong, these comments are MY OPINION. From what I can see now it's okay, but other than the grille/headlights, it doesn't appear it'll stand out from the rest of the CUV crowd. The cabin (greenhouse) does have an Escape resemblance, while most the rest of the sheet metal looks unique. Like most the comments on the autoblog page, this isn't exciting nor wants me to book an order. To each their own I guess. If you like it, great go support Ford. For me, this does nothing for me or my hopes of Lincoln.

Again these are simply my personal opinions, not saying they are fact. Just don't want those certain special individuals to take my comments out of context or get offended because they thought I was implying my opinion was a fact.

• Like 1

V8-X, I'm curious. What CUV currently on the market impresses you? I ask because, based on earlier comments, I don't really see you as a CUV buyer. By the way, this is not a criticism. I'd just like to know what you would look for in a CUV. Thanks.

I like what I see so far, but I am also wanting for the full reveal to form a final opinion.

V8-X, I'm curious. What CUV currently on the market impresses you? I ask because, based on earlier comments, I don't really see you as a CUV buyer. By the way, this is not a criticism. I'd just like to know what you would look for in a CUV. Thanks.

I like what I see so far, but I am also wanting for the full reveal to form a final opinion.

Me personally, I'm not a CUV fan what so ever. To me, too many of the design elements are copy cat of other makes/models and not enough uniqueness between them. If I had to choose a smaller 4-door 5-passenger CUV/SUV, I'd choose something along the lines of the Xterra or newer (2013/2014) Subaru Forester or even the upcoming 2014 Rogue. The vehicles in this segment typically aren't my style or to my liking.

But will say we recently purchased the wife a 2013 Rogue. That is her vehicle not mine, and she liked the Rogue design and drive more than the CX5 and Escape. The only area she really did like the Escape more was the 2.0LEB's power. She really liked the upcoming 2014 Rogue, as do I, but she was unwilling to wait for it to hit showrooms.

Edited by V8-X
  • Like 1

Ok, so its obviously an Escape with a split wing grille. Will be interesting to see the price premium for the Lincoln over the Escape Titanium and what is included for the premium price. If the MKZ is any indication, $10k for 'not much thanks'. The styling alone is not $10k better and Lincoln has a LONG way to go in the service department. Just figure using a local Ford dealer and normal Ford service. Not that bad but no upgrade either.

• Like 1

Me personally, I'm not a CUV fan what so ever.

See, this seems similar to fans of older vehicles who say that modern vehicles 'all look the same', or, conversely, fans of newer vehicles who say that older vehicles 'all look the same.'

I mean, if you know what you're looking at, you can tell Plymouths, Chevrolets and Fords of the 30s apart, but if you don't, they've all got the same basic form factor and the distinguishing characteristics are pretty limited. Ditto the early 50s Fords & Chevys. If you know them well enough to know what you're looking at, you can tell them apart, but if you're not familiar with them it's, "Aaaaah--they all look the same to me."

This^^^.......something just doesn't work with the shape of the Escape IMO. However, it has grown on me since it's debut.

For me, it's the front end. Something just funky about it. Or maybe it's the the way the grey trim on the bottom gets a bit thicker as it goes toward the back? I don't know, I can't really pinpoint it, it's just not as cohesive as the MKC.

Ok, so its obviously an Escape with a split wing grille. Will be interesting to see the price premium for the Lincoln over the Escape Titanium and what is included for the premium price. If the MKZ is any indication, $10k for 'not much thanks'. The styling alone is not $10k better and Lincoln has a LONG way to go in the service department. Just figure using a local Ford dealer and normal Ford service. Not that bad but no upgrade either.

Way to TOTALLY ignore all of the differences between the MKZ and the Fusion. Suspension, adaptive LED headlamps, 3.7L V6, wheels, exterior sheet metal, push button transmission, better leather, real wood, rear sunshade, retractable roof, rear heated seats, cooled front seats, THX audio and I'm sure a few more things.

If you don't like those things and don't think it's worth the premium that's fine but don't say stupid things like 'not much'.

Spot on!

Nice car ownership history btw!

Lincolns are made for people who like them and think that the are worth the price - not for people who have no intention of ever buying one.

There's a huge pool of buyers out there looking for a brand that appeals to them, if Lincoln can catch some of that passing trade, all the better.

While some here may not appreciate the worth of Lincoln, there are buyers wo are prepared to pay remarkably high prices for them

so Ford and Lincoln are obviously doing some things right, things and products it can build upon to further increase sales.

Edited by jpd80