Chrysler 200 exposed

Fgts

Must be filming a commercial. Wonder if this is getting the Superbowl treatment again this year. Looks very upscale in the front from what I can see (which isn't much considering it looks like they shot this with a potato). Can't really make out the body lines in the side shot. Can see some "hip" in the first shot.

011-2015-chrysler-200-spy-shots-1.jpg

012-2015-chrysler-200-spy-shots-1.jpg

009-2015-chrysler-200-spy-shots-1.jpg

007-2015-chrysler-200-spy-shots-1.jpg

DAT Rear end. Nice.

010-2015-chrysler-200-spy-shots-1.jpg

002-2015-chrysler-200-spy-shots-1.jpg

Edited by Intrepidatious

...it looks like they shot this with a potato...

:hysterical::hysterical:

Must be filming a commercial. Wonder if this is getting the Superbowl treatment again this year. Looks very upscale in the front from what I can see (which isn't much considering it looks like they shot this with a potato). Can't really make out the body lines in the side shot.

011-2015-chrysler-200-spy-shots-1.jpg

012-2015-chrysler-200-spy-shots-1.jpg

The front end leaves a lot to be desired (see Cherokee, Jeep), but the rest looks pretty good.

Nice-looking car, but I wish that Chrysler had figured out a way to include a few styling cues that would have tied it more closely to the 300 (vertical taillights, for example).

Supposedly, the next gen 300 is not going to look like a rectangle anymore. It will be more what you see above (aero) then what it currently looks like.

Supposedly, the next gen 300 is not going to look like a rectangle anymore. It will be more what you see above (aero) then what it currently looks like.

I hope that they don't change it too much. The styling of the current 300 stands out nicely in the crowd, and is, in some ways, almost an iconic shape.

Mainstream styling guarantees a good reaction from a wider pool of potential buyers,

providing the quality matches buyer expectations, this 200 could be very successful for Chrysler.

That wider appeal also allows it to be sold internationally to much larger audience in LHD and RHD.

Hmm I think thats going to be a mistake, part of the appeal of the 300 is its in-your-face styling/Bentley type styling. If it looks like some generic sedan like the upcoming 200, I think it might hurt its appeal.

I'm renting a 2013 200 this week. I didn't expect a Chrysler to be so spartan. (even though it is a rental) Other than some shiny bits (including the analog clock), it really differentiates itself little from the Dodge equivalent.

However, the most glaring flaws are far too much wind noise coming from the rear doors/windows (I can't tell which it is) and what seems like a pretty raspy 4-cylinder.

Hopefully (for their customers) this redesign rectifies both..

I had a '99 Intrepid (no, my username is not related to that). Car treated me wonderfully. The second gen styling was striking for the time. I routinely got people asking what kind of car it was. I sold it when it was about 3 years old and I hear the gentleman I sold it to has since passed it down to his college daughter.

Edited by Intrepidatious

OTOH, I had to borrow my brother-in-law's '97 Concorde once. I have never felt less safe driving a vehicle. Between the steering, brakes, and suspension, there wasn't a single aspect of that vehicle I had any confidence in. I drove like an octogenarian with a fused spine, and lived in terror that I would have to stop suddenly (and by suddenly, I mean, from 30MPH to 0 in under half a minute.)

OTOH, I had to borrow my brother-in-law's '97 Concorde once. I have never felt less safe driving a vehicle. Between the steering, brakes, and suspension, there wasn't a single aspect of that vehicle I had any confidence in. I drove like an octogenarian with a fused spine, and lived in terror that I would have to stop suddenly (and by suddenly, I mean, from 30MPH to 0 in under half a minute.)

Yup, I also had a 1st Gen Concorde (totally different car then the 2nd gens). While I had no problems with it, it was not the most confidence inspiring car. They seemed to waste away just by glancing at them sideways.

Edited by Intrepidatious

I had a 2nd generation as a company car-they were one of the first "large cars" that you could get 20plus on the highway. Your right, while not a great handling car it went down the Interstate in a straight line very comfortably! I had zero issues as well. It had 85,000 miles on it when I had to let it go.