MKC pricing starts at $33,995

The Premiere Group is mainly there so they can advertise a low starting price. Most buyers will choose to upgrade to at least the Select group where other options become available such as the bigger engine, navigation, and moon roof, and of course you get real leather in a choice of colors (leatherette only comes in black).

They're obviously going after the lowest possible entry price. I'd prefer to see a more upscale base version but at least they're offering everything on the top model.

me too 2ic5rw7.jpg

feel that way about the MKZ as well - somewhat

&

expect to see upward creep year by year

Edited by 2b2

hooray for "upward creep"! Plush & silent RULES!

I was previously going to pull the trigger on a new rx350 in Jan for my wife, but she is pushing back, saying she loves her 5 year old Accord. Gotta love that girl.

The more i read about the MKC, the more I like the idea of waiting for it.

Anyway, i get the impression that the C is a little bit smaller than the RX350 (i might be wrong about that), and she is barely 5' so the C may fit her better.

Anyone know when the MKC is going to start appearing in auto shows?

Anyone know when the MKC is going to start appearing in auto shows?

There were 2 at the LA Auto show. The white one was rotating on the stand and a second smoked quartz one was off to the side but locked and behind ropes so not only could you not sit in it, you couldn't even get a close up look at the interior.

• Like 1

Westpoint Lincoln, Houston - Carlos Fraifeld / Mike Hungate:

"Karl, Just yesterday we received the order guide and pricing info for the MKC.

We don't plan on seeing the car on the ground until late May to early June, however I'm sure that we'll be taking pre orders.

When you come in for the oil change, look me up and we can place a dummy order to checck on pricing for you."

Pretty much everything these 2 guys told me about my MKZ was right on the money. A real pleasure to deal with.

We'll see how soon it shows up, eh?

Yup, but there was some questions last month at the intro whether or not leather was standard equipment or not. It isn't.

We Haven't built one without anything but Leather in it Yet. Only seating option I know of is Cooled seats or not Cooled. BTW I install them( Seats)

Edited by Jr.f

We Haven't built one without anything but Leather in it Yet. Only seating option I know of is Cooled seats or not Cooled. BTW I install them( Seats)

I bet you have installed the soft touch seats and haven't even realized it. When designed properly, they should be virtually indistinguishable from real leather.

I remember years ago reading that this would be the era when we'd see the end of leather surfaces (and other traditional materials). The reasoning was that synthetics were soon going to look better, feel better, be softer, more durable, and even smell better and have better temperature control. Not to mention also being cheaper. I guess we aren't quite there yet.

If Lincoln (or any maker) were the achieve the above, I'd be very happy to trade it for the "real"stuff myself...

^ I'd agree with 3 provisos (good thought tho, Iiari thumb.gif)

- no petroleum ingredients (or other non-renewables)

- not an eventual carcinogen (nor during production)

- they develop new texturing (sometimes sitting on "skin" creeps me out)

I bet you have installed the soft touch seats and haven't even realized it. When designed properly, they should be virtually indistinguishable from real leather.

I remember years ago reading that this would be the era when we'd see the end of leather surfaces (and other traditional materials). The reasoning was that synthetics were soon going to look better, feel better, be softer, more durable, and even smell better and have better temperature control. Not to mention also being cheaper. I guess we aren't quite there yet.

If Lincoln (or any maker) were the achieve the above, I'd be very happy to trade it for the "real"stuff myself...

This would be really awesome to have a better, synthetic replacement for leather. If that is the case, I would then think the synthetic material would be the one that would/should be the premium seating offering, not the leather. :) One can only hope.

This would be really awesome to have a better, synthetic replacement for leather. If that is the case, I would then think the synthetic material would be the one that would/should be the premium seating offering, not the leather. :) One can only hope.

I've heard that many decades ago, cloth velour seats were a premium option while leather would be standard. In any case, you see the leading luxury car makers like M-B, BMW, Lexus, etc offering synthetic leather on vehicles stickering well over $50K. Good on Lincoln for providing the option, there are some folks who appreciate having non-leather seats.

I've heard that many decades ago, cloth velour seats were a premium option while leather would be standard. In any case, you see the leading luxury car makers like M-B, BMW, Lexus, etc offering synthetic leather on vehicles stickering well over $50K. Good on Lincoln for providing the option, there are some folks who appreciate having non-leather seats.

I wouldn't really say any of those automakers are offering them as an "option", as they are only available in base trims. In other words, the only "option" they are giving you is to be cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Decades ago, cloth trim was a new option to most manufacturers who would have charged a premium for the new processes over existing seating.

Today, not so much....

I remember back in 1969, we bought a new car for my mom to replace her 65 Mustang (my dad took it over to replace his 57 T-Bird). It was a fully loaded 2-door LTD with the Brougham option (IIRC, it didn't become a separate model until 1970). It was the only model with cloth seats and cut-pile carpeting. Back then, the only model from the Ford division that had leather available was the Thunderbird. One of my favorite Mustangs from that time was the Grande with it's hopsack cloth seats.

Edited by StevenCaylor