Lincoln Tweets Navigator Teaser?

It does look much better in the video... The relative bluntness of the front end is only exacerbated in still photography but softened in motion (and, likely, in person). The stance is good and the overall proportions look good. The rear end looks good, too, even if a bit derivative.

Interior looks okay, though not as big of a departure as I was lead to believe, and the cowls and hardpoints are still identical to the 2003 model.

For a 2 year bandaid, these changes should get along just fine.

And, just for reference...

2015navigator_zps0f6f87a9.png

2015-Cadillac-Escalade-live-photos-11.jp

2015navigator2_zpsb3495fa6.png

cadillac.jpg

lincoln-navigator-interior-2015-660.jpg

2015-Cadillac-Escalade-Interior-1.jpg

I don't think there's a ton of disparity, all things considered. Navigator already starts, what, $10-$15k lower than the Escalade?

We know this pig-in-a-tuxedo Lincoln will only be around for a couple years. How long will Caddy be pushing this Escalade?

Edited by PREMiERdrum
  • Like 1

Perhaps they were simply turned off (DRL setting?). I've noticed the LED running lights a lot of cars have sometimes don't show up well in video (they'll blink quickly), so perhaps this has something to do with it?

I've noticed that, too, particularly when they're in a string like those. I'd guess they had them disabled rather than have them flashing in the video.

Worst facelift ever...

This reinforces my opinion that Ford should have just buried the 2015 update and accelerate the brand new 2017 model.

It does look much better in the video... The relative bluntness of the front end is only exacerbated in still photography but softened in motion (and, likely, in person). The stance is good and the overall proportions look good. The rear end looks good, too, even if a bit derivative.

Interior looks okay, though not as big of a departure as I was lead to believe, and the cowls and hardpoints are still identical to the 2003 model.

For a 2 year bandaid, these changes should get along just fine.

The problem is, the earliest you MIGHT see the all new Navi. would be CY 2017. The "4 in 4 years" Lincoln plan calls for '13-MKZ, '14-MKC, '15-MKX and '16-MKS. By '17, other new models may have come along and push the Navi. down even further. It's just not a core Lincoln any more.

I actually went back and looked at the 2015 Escalade and you know what, I would take the refreshed Navigator over it any day. The short wheelbase Escalade looks absolutely hideous to me. The front is too much, the wheel design doesn't work, and the rear tail lights are way too big. The LWB ESV looks a little better because there is more surface separating everything going on with the front and the back, but overall I like the clean upright lines of the Navigator way more. The Escalade looks portly and bloated, the Nav just looks rectangular and bold, but conservative. It looks classier to me. My .02

• Like 1

This is just a quick "facelift" until it the Navigaor can be redesigned with a complete aluminum body which could be another 2+ years. I wonder if the Expedition is going to get a quick facelift and 3.5EB also.

It looks like 2014MY will be the "swan song" for the Modular V8 twins (4.6L and 5.4L). Super Duty is either 6.2L, 6.8L (V10) or PowerStroke diesel. E-Series uses the 6.8L. Commercial (F550/650/750) is either 6.8L or Cummins ISB 6.7L.

My gut says don't hold your breathe on a Coyote EcoBoost.

Edited by theoldwizard

This is just a quick "facelift" until it the Navigaor can be redesigned with a complete aluminum body which could be another 2+ years. I wonder if the Expedition is going to get a quick facelift and 3.5EB also.

Expedition gets a similar treatment for 2015.

These MCEs were planned to roll out years ago, but were shelved back when the Expedition/Navigator program was put under review. This also halted development of the "all new" models, based on the 2015 F-150, which I believe were planned to launch in CY2015 for MY2016.

And, just for reference...

2015navigator_zps0f6f87a9.png

2015navigator2_zpsb3495fa6.png

lincoln-navigator-interior-2015-660.jpg

2015-Cadillac-Escalade-Interior-1.jpg

Don't like the lack of shiny bits on the Navigator's interior compared to the Escalade. Sort of a common thing on all Lincoln interiors right now. Could use a bit more surface treatment instead of gray plastic.

Exterior wise, as a whole, the front end looks far less gaudy than the brace face, so well done designers on that. Certainly better than the first leaked photo indicated.

Edited by NickF1011

Don't like the lack of shiny bits on the Navigator's interior compared to the Escalade. Sort of a common thing on all Lincoln interiors right now. Could use a bit more surface treatment instead of gray plastic.

Exterior wise, as a whole, the front end looks far less gaudy than the brace face, so well done designers on that. Certainly better than the first leaked photo indicated.

Oh I'm exactly the opposite.. I hate all the shiny crap.

So the interior is not all new like the rumor suggested. It's the same as the current Navigator with minor updates.

Color me underwhelmed.

Well, doubt they had the budget to go as far as redesigning the entire dash support. I'm not blown away either, especially in comparison to other new Lincoln interiors.

So the interior is not all new like the rumor suggested. It's the same as the current Navigator with minor updates.

Color me underwhelmed.

New gauges, a new steering wheel, a new center stack wth MLT plus push button start is more than just "minor updates" in my book. Not earth shattering, but not minor.

You're just going out of your way to criticize it.

a new steering wheel,

The wheel may be new to the Navigator, but that's basically the same wheel that's in my '13 F150, just with the directional pads, leather, wood, and the Lincoln star. Not that I'm complaining, mind you; I like the wheel in my truck, though I wouldn't mind having the leather and wood. I wonder if I can retrofit one... :play:

Maybe a trim package could please everybody. I love the gloss console and dash appliques in my Edge. Chrome vent surrounds and other little touches missing from this Navigator also cheapen its look in my eyes.

Yeah, I too prefer the look of the glossy black trim to the plain plastic. Though yes, it'd get fingerprints on it, I think it looks better.

The wheel may be new to the Navigator, but that's basically the same wheel that's in my '13 F150, just with the directional pads, leather, wood, and the Lincoln star. Not that I'm complaining, mind you; I like the wheel in my truck, though I wouldn't mind having the leather and wood. I wonder if I can retrofit one... :play:

But new to the Navigator compared to the current one. In response to "they didn't even change the interior".