'15 Mustang Dealer Order Guide

Deanh... You're right! I just took a look at FMCDealer.com and it's been taken down. Interesting as it's already all over the media reports and various online sites. Maybe they're making further changes, especially to the "Major Product Changes" page saying there are none!

Deanh... You're right! I just took a look at FMCDealer.com and it's been taken down. Interesting as it's already all over the media reports and various online sites. Maybe they're making further changes, especially to the "Major Product Changes" page saying there are none!

we have the same issue with the 2015 Fusion order guide...yet the Energi version is up and running...

They're really going to call the 2.3 version the Mustang EcoBoost? Come on Ford.

What else would they call it? It's likely only just for ordering purposes anyway. I doubt it'll have big "Ecoboost" lettering across the rear decklid panel in place of the running horse.

• Like 1

What else would they call it? It's likely only just for ordering purposes anyway. I doubt it'll have big "Ecoboost" lettering across the rear decklid panel in place of the running horse.

ST, SVT, anything but Eco boost but you gotta keep the green nut jobs happy I guess. Ecoboost is just sounds gay and lame to me especially on of all things a Mustang. Grow some balls Ford!

ST, SVT, anything but Eco boost but you gotta keep the green nut jobs happy I guess. Ecoboost is just sounds gay and lame to me especially on of all things a Mustang. Grow some balls Ford!

Yes, its the gay-lame persons F150 engine of choice ;) It fits the brands startegy of bing the mid range engine or top engine of the entire Ford product line. Dont worry, if someone has a problem with that badge on the rear, thats all most cars will ever see when it matters - or get a Hemi if you need to feel like a MAN.

• Like 1

I have to go with Chevys on this. EcoBoost sounds like an energy drink or something they offer where you can also buy banana smoothies. It's just not a name I would associate Mustang with. I'd much rather see them bring back the SVT moniker. Don't get me wrong, I'm very interested to see how the 2.3 Mustang preforms but calling it "Mustang EcoBoost" just sounds wrong somehow.

I have to go with Chevys on this. EcoBoost sounds like an energy drink or something they offer where you can also buy banana smoothies. It's just not a name I would associate Mustang with. I'd much rather see them bring back the SVT moniker. Don't get me wrong, I'm very interested to see how the 2.3 Mustang preforms but calling it "Mustang EcoBoost" just sounds wrong somehow.

I say just put the numbers 2.3 on the back.

Why not just tag it S.V.O. or EB23 in stylized letters, maybe with the colors already used on the Ecoboost tags they currently use?

SVO WOULD BE GREAT ....However, IMO unless the car gets 350hp, it wouldnt be justified....

If I remember correctly when Ford chose the Ecoboost name the other option was Twin Force, they went with Ecoboost because it sounded more environmentally friendly.

Would Twin Force sound better for high performance vehicles?

Maybe Twinforce on the Mustang?.....I dont think Fords performance Jewel should have the word ECO in it anywhere....

I tend to agree. I could even see going with either EB 2.3 or 2.3 EB as fairmont suggested. But just putting the word EcoBoost on the car won't look right at all and it doesn't sound right for a Mustang.

• Like 1

While the EcoBoost moniker may not sound performance oriented, it certainly is just that. Let's not forget that this engine powers some pretty sweet race cars too.

What about us Mustang owners who aren't that thrilled with the idea? lol

I've been up, close and personal with the 2015 Mustang 2.3L and it's pretty radical. I know a few Mustang engineers who are getting one and I am really thinking about it too.

SVO WOULD BE GREAT ....However, IMO unless the car gets 350hp, it wouldnt be justified....

Nobody ever said that they were not going to use the SVO nameplate on the 2015+ Mustang.