'15 Mustang Dealer Order Guide

While the EcoBoost moniker may not sound performance oriented, it certainly is just that. Let's not forget that this engine powers some pretty sweet race cars too.

I've been up, close and personal with the 2015 Mustang 2.3L and it's pretty radical. I know a few Mustang engineers who are getting one and I am really thinking about it too.

Nobody ever said that they were not going to use the SVO nameplate on the 2015+ Mustang.

dont make me read into that Robert....lol

• Like 1

we dont need no stinkin badges...hell, i took the ST off the Fiesta because its a pain to clean around...that said, one can spot the STs by slightly different body features...why not do the same on the 2.3 Mustang?....also theres a couple of companies tweeking the STs engine and gaining some nice Torque and HP, Mountune is actually working with ford to get its 215 kit oked, and signed off on by Ford and the Feds, and CARB of course, to have the kit installed at a dealer level WITHOUT voiding the factory warranty....so maybe, just maybe we will see tha same on the 2.3....DROOL

Edited by Deanh

As a potential buyer, i couldn't care less. i will be looking to replace my current A4 convertible with the 2.3 L mustang convertible soon, a lot will depend the interior and the driving dynamics. I am hoping that this mustang is really connected to the road.

• Like 1

So no one wants to actually talk about the order guide? :finger:

Some interesting titbits...

• 5 trim levels: "V6" (050A), Ecoboost (100A), Ecoboost Premium (200A), GT (300A), GT Premium (400A) - since the V6 has no retail-friendly step-up premium version and almost completely lack of options, it seems pretty obvious that Ford will reserve that mainly for rental car fleet sale. I expect retail mix for the "V6" to be around 10% of the volume... which is similar to Fusion and Escape 2.5 I4.
  • There is also an initial limited edition 50th anniversary model (500A) which is fully loaded.
  • Standard HID headlight and LED tail light across the range... that's a first for Ford I believe.
  • Standard "intelligent access" keyless entry and push button start across the range.
  • Ecoboost trim, which is likely the most popular retail model has standard power seats and LED fog lights not found in the "V6".
Edited by bzcat

As a potential buyer, i couldn't care less. i will be looking to replace my current A4 convertible with the 2.3 L mustang convertible soon, a lot will depend the interior and the driving dynamics. I am hoping that this mustang is really connected to the road.

Indications from the Motortrend article are that it will be quite the handler. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

So no one wants to actually talk about the order guide? :finger:

• Standard HID headlight and LED tail light across the range... that's a first for Ford I believe.

The are Std on the current car, I do like the current LED taillight design better. Much more noticeable at night.

Yes, its the gay-lame persons F150 engine of choice ;) It fits the brands startegy of bing the mid range engine or top engine of the entire Ford product line. Dont worry, if someone has a problem with that badge on the rear, thats all most cars will ever see when it matters - or get a Hemi if you need to feel like a MAN.

It may fit the rest of the brand but the closest thing Ford has to being a stand alone brand is the Mustang and "Eco" and "Mustang" dont go together. It might be the top dog in the F series but its playing second fiddle in the Mustang.

If I remember correctly when Ford chose the Ecoboost name the other option was Twin Force, they went with Ecoboost because it sounded more environmentally friendly.

Would Twin Force sound better for high performance vehicles?

Yeah, and they could come up with a different name for their cars and trucks. No need to call them both Fords (just kidding--but seriously, why complicate things?)

Well, 'everyone' is a bit of an overstatement....

Having owned almost every version of the 2.3 the past 30 years minus the turbo, seeing that on the back wouldn't be enticing for me. Maybe if it was 2.3T or 2.3T squared that might be okay. Not everyone who buys the top end rides is a gearhead or car person, some are just people with disposable cash and a desire to have what everyone else thinks is cool.

I have to go with Chevys on this. EcoBoost sounds like an energy drink or something they offer where you can also buy banana smoothies. It's just not a name I would associate Mustang with. I'd much rather see them bring back the SVT moniker. Don't get me wrong, I'm very interested to see how the 2.3 Mustang preforms but calling it "Mustang EcoBoost" just sounds wrong somehow.

Why would you bring back the SVT moniker on a car that SVT had nothing to do with? And well, the SVT moniker has always carried over on the GT500. Look at the wheels sometime.

As for the EcoBoost, I doubt it'll get anything more to visually distinguish it from its V6 brethren than a little badge on the trunk lid like all the other EcoBoost vehicles (and apparently some LED detailing). I think it might have one pair of unique wheels available too. It's still barely a step above the base vehicle. Why go through hoops to try to distinguish it as unique, especially as it seems the V6 will likely end up as mainly a fleet model. The EcoBoost Mustang is, for retail purposes, pretty much the base model.

Edited by NickF1011

Much more noticeable compared to what, the 2015? I don't think I've seen any pictures of the 2015 at night.

yes, the 2015. I live and work around Dearborn, lately I've been seeing more 2015 Mustangs than I have of the previous models. The new F-150's are all over too, the taillights and headlights on those with the LED's look so cool! Though they should have used White LED's in the them for DRL's.

yes, the 2015. I live and work around Dearborn, lately I've been seeing more 2015 Mustangs than I have of the previous models. The new F-150's are all over too, the taillights and headlights on those with the LED's look so cool! Though they should have used White LED's in the them for DRL's.

Ah, that makes sense. I do like the 13-14 Mustang lights at night for sure. As long as the new ones don't look bad though I'm okay with that. I do hope Ford continues to use the diffused LED light treatment of the 13-14 in more applications though.

I also tend to agree with you on the F-150 headlights. I haven't seen them in person, but white just seems like it would look a lot cleaner, in the same way whiter HID headlamps look better than yellowish incandescents.

I wish Ford had a preliminary Build & Price up on the website. I wonder how much an EcoBoost Premium with the 50-Year Appearance Package would set me back.

In Canada the Fastback EcoBoost Premium price is CAD$33,499.00, the 50 Years Appearance Pkg is CAD$1,700.00.

Pricing in the USA should be much lower then the Canadian pricing.