2015 F-150 Order Guide

Less chrome is exactly what I liked about it.

xlt Sport appearence package ring a bell...........

● 18” Six-Spoke Machined-Aluminum wheels with magnetic painted pockets (64R)

● 265/60R18 BSW all-season tires (A/S) (4x2) (T82)

● 275/65R18 OWL all-terrain tires (A/T) (4x4) (T84)

● Accent-color step bars

● Black billet style grille with body-color surround and black mesh insert

● Body-color door handles with black strap

● Body-color front and rear bumpers

● Body-color front fascia and wheellip moldings

● Box side decal (NA with FX4 Off-Road Pkg.(55A))

● Chrome single-tip exhaust

● Unique interior finish

● Unique Sport Cloth 40/Console/40 seats with Flow-through Console and floor shifter

Is it me, or does it seem like GM is always rushing the redesigned ___insert product here___ to market to counter X product?

its not just you...continual catchup...wait till the Mustang....OUCH!

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

4 years from now instead of 5? That will make a HUGE difference.......

rushing just embelishes mistakes.....WORST thing they could do is rush a vehicle to production, hell, even when they take their time theres RECALLS.....ahem...

• Like 1

"Supplier sources revealed to Reuters on Monday that GM is now planning to launch its next-generation Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickup truck models in the fall of 2018, or about nine months ahead of schedule."

FLASHBACK: Suppliers sources revealed....

Feb. 18, 2014 2:41 p.m. ET

General Motors Co. is accelerating efforts to field a largely aluminum-bodied pickup truck by late 2018, under pressure from federal fuel efficiency standards and archrival Ford Motor Co., according to people familiar with the matter.

The No. 1 U.S. auto maker recently locked-in supply contracts with Alcoa Inc. and Novelis Inc., which are now working to increase their aluminum sheet production to supply the next-generation GM pickup,...

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303491404579391144135588938?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303491404579391144135588938.html

-----

Also note this story was revived again on the same day the 2015 F-150 order bank opened.

Edited by Bryan1

FLASHBACK: Suppliers sources revealed....

Feb. 18, 2014 2:41 p.m. ET

General Motors Co. is accelerating efforts to field a largely aluminum-bodied pickup truck by late 2018, under pressure from federal fuel efficiency standards and archrival Ford Motor Co., according to people familiar with the matter.

The No. 1 U.S. auto maker recently locked-in supply contracts with Alcoa Inc. and Novelis Inc., which are now working to increase their aluminum sheet production to supply the next-generation GM pickup,...

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303491404579391144135588938?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303491404579391144135588938.html

-----

Also note this story was revived again on the same day the 2015 F-150 order bank opened.

Makes me wonder if GM found itself locked out of aluminum body because of supply limitations,

first in best dressed for Ford where GM can hope that adopting later will cost less..

In any regard, the weight advantage to Ford probably means GM gets pipped on economy numbers

for considerable years into the future and possibly after it finally switches to a lighter truck.

In any regard, the weight advantage to Ford probably means GM gets pipped on economy numbers

for considerable years into the future and possibly after it finally switches to a lighter truck.

By the time GM gets into the game, Ford will be making strides in other areas of Aluminum or light-weighting. Will the frame be next? Or maybe Ford finds a way to go even lighter with the body panels in the next 4-5 years and drops another couple hundred pounds. It's just going to be hard for anyone to catch up. It's like taking a 10 run lead in the first inning of a baseball game.

Wonder what all the GM folks will have to say about turbo V6s in a truck when Chevy finally releases one, after all the poo-pooing of the EcoBoost.

Hmm googled other cars with the color and they appear to be more red then orange-red like the '15 F-150

That's just the photos. It's a bright red. I guess it could look orange-ish under certain lighting conditions.

You can see it on the 2015 F150 website. Use the Colors tab at the top to change it. It changes all of the pictures including the 360 view at the bottom.

Edited by akirby

*reading LLN comments briefly* If I didn't know better, I'd say Richard was either bipolar or schizophrenic.

It's our old buddy Matt.

AKA "P71CrownVic", "Z71SIlvy", "FPVFalcon", and "EBFlex", and as more and more of his accounts and nicknames get banned, frequently, "Richard Jensen".

I just reported him to LLN and Disqus.

It's our old buddy Matt.

AKA "P71CrownVic", "Z71SIlvy", "FPVFalcon", and "EBFlex", and as more and more of his accounts and nicknames get banned, frequently, "Richard Jensen".

Comment was tongue-in-cheek, of course.

Amusingly, I called him out on Autoblog for having been banned from more than half the auto sites on the known Internet. Of course, he denied it... but we know better... we know better.

I want his Disqus account yanked. What was amusing to me a few years ago has lost its humor. I don't know what this guy is but I'm tired of him. Tired of the cheerful way he cherishes and nurtures his mental illnesses, tired of him appropriating my name even though just about everyone on these websites knows its a sham.

And I'm pretty sure that impersonating someone else -- not in jest -- is a TOS violation everywhere under the heading of "misrepresentation."

The worst part is that, since his diatribe is always the same, it's painfully obvious that it's him. Especially when he calls Ford models weak and uninspired, Ford management dumb, Ford engines high-strung boat anchors, and the F150 a fake truck.

Even if the "real" trucks from GM aren't moving any needles to the right... against the old Ford truck.

It's our old buddy Matt.

I called him out as well....LMAO...yup that was me "Matt youre here.... "

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

And I'm pretty sure that impersonating someone else -- not in jest -- is a TOS violation everywhere under the heading of "misrepresentation."

The worst part is that, since his diatribe is always the same, it's painfully obvious that it's him. Especially when he calls Ford models weak and uninspired, Ford management dumb, Ford engines high-strung boat anchors, and the F150 a fake truck.

Even if the "real" trucks from GM aren't moving any needles to the right... against the old Ford truck.

he gets pretty much lambasted on Autoblog...

I agree with Pioneer, less chrome is better. One of the odd things I've noticed about Chevy pickups is that regardless of whether your truck has a body color or chrome bumper in the front, the rear bumper is chrome. The only way to not have a chrome bumper in the back is to buy the cheap version with the black plastic bumpers... or better, buy an F150.